The Strange Case of Unreal 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

YankeeDan345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 YankeeDan345
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

I play PC a fair amount, I like the consoles better but I'm sort of a PC gamer. I've noticed something odd, on PC Unreal is like this amazing series that everybody loves, yet when it comes out for the consoles, it's like nobody even cares. i just want to stand in Gametstop and stop somebody so i can yell at them "DUDE ONE OF THE BEST FPS OF THE YEAR IS OUT TODAY!" Seriously it's not even in the top 10 on Xbox, just barely sneakng into the top ten of available now.

What's the deal?

Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Gen007
Member since 2006 • 11006 Posts
idk im getting it today and im hyped i loved 2k4 and i hear it isnt as good as 2k4 i dont see how they went wrong from all ive see and read its good the real reason i suspect lot of people arent into it because it requires more skill than alot of teh fps games out now especially cod most people would get eaten alive by good players
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Gen007
ah man and you reminded me to call the eb store before i went and like always they ahvent gotten it yet. It was a close call because i was about to go to the mall
TheNuyorican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 TheNuyorican
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts
Unreal Tournament 3 isn't that good, that's why. Nobody plays it on PC and nobody plays it on consoles because there are better games out.
cecx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 cecx
Member since 2004 • 10568 Posts
I have no idea, I'm personally flipping out because I love the UT series.
Avatar image for TheRealGameBoyx
TheRealGameBoyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 TheRealGameBoyx
Member since 2006 • 187 Posts

Unreal Tournament 3 isn't that good, that's why. Nobody plays it on PC and nobody plays it on consoles because there are better games out.TheNuyorican

yeah i totaly disagree there are no new cool games comming out for xbox anytime soon ut3 is amazing and honestly the only 2 games anyone plays on live is gears and now ut3 (halo3- wow no body plays anymore its boring Bfbadcomany- poorest excuse for a game)

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
Well they killed the jump, took out 3rd person. And they riped all the stuff that was in the ps3 version out. It's not worth a buy but I am going to rent it.
Impex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 Impex
Member since 2005 • 5532 Posts

[QUOTE="TheNuyorican"]Unreal Tournament 3 isn't that good, that's why. Nobody plays it on PC and nobody plays it on consoles because there are better games out.TheRealGameBoyx

yeah i totaly disagree there are no new cool games comming out for xbox anytime soon ut3 is amazing and honestly the only 2 games anyone plays on live is gears and now ut3 (halo3- wow no body plays anymore its boring Bfbadcomany- poorest excuse for a game)

Your entire post could use some editing...

Avatar image for DoomBringer2010
DoomBringer2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DoomBringer2010
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts
I am getting the game today.From the reviews of the people who have played it so far.Say it is going to be good.But I dont care.I love the Unreal Franchise
Gen007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gen007
yeah i dont get the hate unreal is gonna be sick but can someone point out what has changed from 2k4 that makes it so bad
makchady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 makchady
Member since 2007 • 1292 Posts

[QUOTE="TheNuyorican"]Unreal Tournament 3 isn't that good, that's why. Nobody plays it on PC and nobody plays it on consoles because there are better games out.TheRealGameBoyx

no good new games for the xbox? are you kidding me? read my post on how this years games will top 2007's list by far. fallout 3, fable 2, gears of war 2, and the force unleashed are 4 games that undoubtedly will me amazing.

as for unreal tournament, i really dont understand why either. unreal has always been a great series and with it now on xbox live it will be even better. if i wasnt broke from buying a ps3 and metal gear solid 4 and saving for all the aforementioned titles i would certainly buy it. actually, i still may buy it and just be broke for the rest of my life.

Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#12 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
preeeety shure epic bashed 360 on this one until the ps3 version of the game didn't sell like they expected so they fell back to us to bail them out. i'm not buying it. apparently long time unreal fans say the game is slowed down too much to fit the ps3.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

Many people are moving away from fast paced, shallow games like the Unreal Tournament series, because there are a lot better games available. Look at Quake Wars, it sold really well on the PC, then bombed (pretty much) on consoles.

UTIII didn't sell that well on that other console (I bought a copy just before Christmas) and there really wasn't a lot of people playing as compared to other online games. I assume the same will be true for the 360 version. It'll be a great game that not very many people buy. Then it'll fade off, kinda like Shadowrun did. Just my opinion.

Wolfie600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Wolfie600
Member since 2007 • 625 Posts

Chaos king i cant belive you just said that.... in the first place third person was a mod and not a part of the game originally

and actually they added alot of better stuff to UT3 for the Xbox 360 like 2 new maps, Split Screen (which i think is better then

Mods any day) and new characters and the graphics are nearly identical and if not far more superior then PS3 and ir runs

smoothly on HDTV as well... i say its one of funnest games out right now and i would reccomend buying if you like Fast paced fraggin.

juicenpancakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 juicenpancakes
Member since 2006 • 700 Posts

Im pretty sure that people are playing a little game called Call of Duty 4 online, numbnuts.

DoomBringer2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DoomBringer2010
[QUOTE="TheRealGameBoyx"]

[QUOTE="TheNuyorican"]Unreal Tournament 3 isn't that good, that's why. Nobody plays it on PC and nobody plays it on consoles because there are better games out.juicenpancakes

Im pretty sure that people are playing a little game called Call of Duty 4 online, numbnuts.

There is no need for that dude

BaconB1ts123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BaconB1ts123
Member since 2006 • 1294 Posts

What are you talking about?! there were 50,000 ppl in the Cold storage map alone yesterday in Halo3.

Avatar image for torontomapleafs
torontomapleafs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 torontomapleafs
Member since 2006 • 2019 Posts
Because BF:BC just came out and it is a much better game.
DrachulaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 DrachulaX
Member since 2007 • 190 Posts
Honestly UT3 on 360 sucks, due to all of the extras being ripped out and the awful lag on the multiplayer.
jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jknight5422
Member since 2003 • 1992 Posts

It's gamer glut. There are just too many games out & we're all busy trying to play the games we already paid for instead of the next big thing that seems to become available every other week. I can't keep up with it all.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Pooorest excuse for a game because? Reasoning being? Mindless bashing without giving a logical explanation i am on the interweb.

TheNuyorican

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TheNuyorican
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts

Sucks for you. I don't have the attention span of a three year old and don't need a new game every week. I have Gears of War and Halo 3 for multiplayer, guess what? People still play them. If one of those games managed to die down, I still have Call of Duty 4.

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
I was wondering if this game was a buy/rental? I never played any of the games from the UT series. I saw the 2k4 edition played at school and it looked cool.
GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

[QUOTE="TheNuyorican"]Unreal Tournament 3 isn't that good, that's why. Nobody plays it on PC and nobody plays it on consoles because there are better games out.craigalan23

Pooorest excuse for a game because? Reasoning being? Mindless bashing without giving a logical explanation i am on the interweb.

^^

What he said.

I bet the "basher" hasn't even played Bad Company. BC is one of the best games I have played in a very long time and the best FPS I've played, putting COD4 to shame.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#26 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

It hasn't evolved much from UT 2004, for one thing. I don't think it's anywhere near as good as Team Fortress 2 or Call of Duty 4, for example. Also, it sold terribly on PC, so I expect a similar poor showing on the consoles. Unreal Tourney may not be the keystone of the Unreal universe anymore. Personally, I am far more excited about Gears 2, despite having spent many hours with III.

Just my 2 cents.

Cipher92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Cipher92
Member since 2003 • 320 Posts
Well they killed the jump, took out 3rd person. And they riped all the stuff that was in the ps3 version out. It's not worth a buy but I am going to rent it.chaoz-king
What do you mean they "killed the jump"? You mean, you can't .. jump.. in the game? because if they took out the jump button, i mean, whats the point, now its a doom 1 style game of run and gun. Is that what you mean? Seriously? Worst game ever if true...
thecrow_fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 thecrow_fan
Member since 2003 • 1100 Posts
i just got the game today i really cant wait to get home to play when i get off work
therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts

i am enjoying unreal 3.
although, it does not surpass cod4. to me, cod4 has been the best first person shooter i have played.

nahmean187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 nahmean187
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts

[QUOTE="TheNuyorican"]Unreal Tournament 3 isn't that good, that's why. Nobody plays it on PC and nobody plays it on consoles because there are better games out.craigalan23

i think he just sux at bfbc. thats y he hates it. neways ut3 is gonna be amazing. not sure if im gonna buy it so fast though. ill see how well it does on live.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#31 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I see people playing GoW, Call of Duty 4, GTA 4, Battlefield: Bad Company, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, and I still see some people in GRAW 2,Shadowrun, and Team Fortress 2. Civilization just came out.

No new games coming out? Just the next three months will see Brothers in Arms: Hells Highway, Too Human, Saints Row 2, Mercenaries 2, and Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. By the end of the year we should have Fallout 3, Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Left 4 Dead, World in Conflict, and Endwar.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
It's not scoring bad at all. A lot better then I'd would have thought. It only scored 1.2 points less then BF:BC on Gamerankings.com. I might pick it up. I've got some games I'm not playing I can trade in.
DoomBringer2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DoomBringer2010
Ive been playing it since yesterday.The multiplayer is great.I have experienced no lag what so ever.The single player is great as well.I think it is a solid game.And btw they didnt kill the jump.It is perfect.The achievments will have you playing for a long time as well
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoz-king"]Well they killed the jump, took out 3rd person. And they riped all the stuff that was in the ps3 version out. It's not worth a buy but I am going to rent it.Cipher92
What do you mean they "killed the jump"? You mean, you can't .. jump.. in the game? because if they took out the jump button, i mean, whats the point, now its a doom 1 style game of run and gun. Is that what you mean? Seriously? Worst game ever if true...

All that you lose from the PS3 version, is User created Mods and Keyboard/Mouse support. I don't know what you are talking about. They added 7 maps or so, and a new character model. That's just your mistake, sounds like you're going to rent it and end up buying it.

You really should play games before you throw opinions around.

It's not scoring bad at all. A lot better then I'd would have thought. It only scored 1.2 points less then BF:BC on Gamerankings.com. I might pick it up. I've got some games I'm not playing I can trade in.EnderSR388

.1 where it matters.
IGN gave
BF:BC an 8.6
And UT3 an 8.5

Not bad for a game that's been out for a while now.