The Red Ring of Death

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for thedevildweller
thedevildweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 170

User Lists: 4

#1 thedevildweller
Member since 2006 • 349 Posts

:(I come home today and turned on my 360 and I saw something I never saw before. A round the power button, there is a strange flashing red light instead of it being green. I tuned the 360 of and on but still, the red light keeps flashing as if it's saying hi and giving me the fingers at the same time. If was like that for a few hours when finally the red flashing light stopped and tuned to green. Now my 360 is on but I'm afraid to turn it off.

I check the Internet and I found some forums saying it's called the red ring of death and once you have the red ring of death; your XBOX 360 is no longer working.

Anyone knows what I can do, or if it has happened to you, what should I do?

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Simon.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#2 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

Lol, I just got RROD myself yesterday. This will be the second time.

Just call 18004MYXBOX. Odds are you'll get a free repair since it's RROD.

CyberElite85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3 CyberElite85
Member since 2005 • 276 Posts
Call up 1-800-4MY-XBOX then send it to Microsoft. Only thing you can do unfortunately. They should fix it for free since there's a 3 year warranty.
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts
Lol, i got mine just as i had bought Fallout 3 :cry:
jackelzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 jackelzx
Member since 2008 • 820 Posts

i got my rrod when playing fallout 3n now its getting repaird 2 to 3 weeks with out it nooo!!!

FALLOUT 3 :(

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

:(I come home today and turned on my 360 and I saw something I never saw before. A round the power button, there is a strange flashing red light instead of it being green. I tuned the 360 of and on but still, the red light keeps flashing as if it's saying hi and giving me the fingers at the same time. If was like that for a few hours when finally the red flashing light stopped and tuned to green. Now my 360 is on but I'm afraid to turn it off.

I check the Internet and I found some forums saying it's called the red ring of death and once you have the red ring of death; your XBOX 360 is no longer working.

Anyone knows what I can do, or if it has happened to you, what should I do?

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you.

Simon.thedevildweller
how many lights??? 3 is the bad one, 4 means a cable aint plugged in right or ur power packs broke. check all ur cables and try again. if u have a good xbox disconnect the a/v cable and u will see 4 lights come up as the norm to say plug the cable in dude! tell everyone how many lights and we can tell u if its goosed or not, simple each set of lights means different things.
princesszelda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 princesszelda
Member since 2003 • 6869 Posts
It's the worst feeling to turn on your 360 and see those three red rings. The Broken 360 Discussion sticky thread is something you should definitely take a look at.