The Perfect HDTV For Xbox 360.. I'm Sick Of My HDTV Which Lags !

This topic is locked from further discussion.

FyNoMeNoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 FyNoMeNoN
Member since 2004 • 406 Posts

I need to get a new HDTV for my xbox 360 which i connect to the HDTV using component cables.. The one i own now is a 42'' Panasonic plasma HDTV which has realy bad delay time.. So whenever i'm playing fifa or any other fast paced game i cant play comfortably !

Avatar image for CatMasterClaude
CatMasterClaude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CatMasterClaude
Member since 2009 • 124 Posts
Price range?
10thwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 10thwonder
Member since 2009 • 2031 Posts

Samsung Touch Of Color 7 Series, my brother got a 46 inch 750 model with the 240 Hz refresh rate and 2 ms response time, it is beautiful, and games look amazing on it, I actually had to lower my aim sensitivity for COD. That is, if you have $2K to spend....which I didn't, but boy am I glad we're roomates :)

nickdastick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#4 nickdastick
Member since 2004 • 5286 Posts

I have an 42" 1080p Westinghouse that does 1080p through the component ports and it's awesome! It's also pretty cheap! I have had no lag with it at all and the graphics are stellar! LG also has a 42" 1080p HDtv that is sold at Bestbuy for under $1000. Not sure if the component ports do 1080p but LG makes sick tv's.

ieatnoobs18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ieatnoobs18
Member since 2009 • 1190 Posts
The TV can cause lagg?
GAMESHARQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GAMESHARQ
Member since 2008 • 5988 Posts
Panasonic Viera
Toxic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#7 Toxic8
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

I have a 52" samsung toc 650 series and it looks pretty good.I only have the 120hz motion not the 240 like some.but going from a 42 to a 52 made a lot of difference.And the newer ones have a low response time as well.

FyNoMeNoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FyNoMeNoN

then what do i look for so i can get an hdtv which will not cause any delay time especially in fast paced games ?

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Scoob64
Member since 2008 • 2635 Posts

Top HDTVs according to CNET

Best place to buy an HDTV I have ever seen... tax free, free shipping.

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Scoob64

58" Panasonic Viera Plasma HDTV (plasma is better than LCD unless 240Hz as there is no motion blur for games)

600Hz, insane contrast ratio, great reviews... $2800 tax free and no shipping- (I'm currently saving for this TV to upgrade from my 42" plasma)... you won't find anything better for ur buck.

LINK.

FyNoMeNoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FyNoMeNoN
the tv i'm complaining from is actually a 42'' panasonic viera.. it has horrible delay time.. and whenever i'm playing a fast paced game like fifa 09 for example i feel delay in my actions !
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
I'm not sure if I understand? Delay in picture? Lag from input from controller to Tv? Try Hdmi if your box is compatible. My buddy has a 52' 1080p Panosonic Viera and its the the best tv out of all of my friends. ($4400 brand new 4 or 5 years ago) From what I've heard plasmas shouldn't have lag and Panasonic is a premier company in this tech. (the 3 P's, Plasmas Panasonic Pioneer, if you can afford a PIONEER)
GAMESHARQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GAMESHARQ

I am playing on a 42" Panasonic Viera and have never had any lag on any of my consoles. Maybe there is something wrong with your connection.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11989 Posts

Buy a Samsung. You can't go wrong.

CaptainMuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 CaptainMuse
Member since 2008 • 136 Posts

Save up for a OLED they are so cool

FyNoMeNoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FyNoMeNoN
well the panasonic viera i have is a plasma which is only supporting me with either a 420p display or 1080i.. and my box does not support HDMI.. and what i do mean is that it is a lag from input from controller to tv.. and i also own a 50'' pioneer plasma.. and i have the same problem.. so i have the 3 p's and i do have a problem !
Myzz617

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Myzz617
Member since 2008 • 2026 Posts

bought a new sharp aquos 46in 1080P LCD HDTV from ecost.com they have great deals.

Scoob64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Scoob64

Save up for a OLED they are so cool

CaptainMuse

ha! considering he can get an 11" for like $2400... why not?

cjgone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cjgone
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

The TV can cause lagg?ieatnoobs18
Screen lag, as the update speed isn't fast enough. Games like Halo and the such are rather fast paced and even small amounts of screen update lag can throw off your aim and cause you to miss a shot.

The lag is in the response time. Your button actions will show up on screen after you do it, which is annoying and isn't to common with newer HDTVs.

todsnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 todsnet
Member since 2003 • 426 Posts
The TV can cause lagg?ieatnoobs18
Yeah I had no Idea either.
todsnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 todsnet
Member since 2003 • 426 Posts

I've got a 65" Mitsubishi projection HDTVthe resolution goes from 480i to 1080i and it's 5 years old and I never had a problem with lag time on a tv didn't know their was such a problem, a computer yeah but tv???? Oh well. You can't go wrong with a Mitsubishi though and the price range is pretty descent too.

FyNoMeNoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 FyNoMeNoN
well i never knew tv caused lag either until i experienced it with my xbox 360 using component cables.. dont know where it went wrong exactly.. but this input lag is definately a pain in the ass for me !
truelove79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 truelove79
Member since 2002 • 708 Posts
You can't go wrong with a Samsung? I suppose you're right, unless you buy one over a VIERA I suppose.
ieatnoobs18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ieatnoobs18
Member since 2009 • 1190 Posts

[QUOTE="ieatnoobs18"]The TV can cause lagg?cjgone

Screen lag, as the update speed isn't fast enough. Games like Halo and the such are rather fast paced and even small amounts of screen update lag can throw off your aim and cause you to miss a shot.

The lag is in the response time. Your button actions will show up on screen after you do it, which is annoying and isn't to common with newer HDTVs.

Thanks for explaing that man. I havfe an older normal tv(not hd or plasma or anything) and ive never had lag problems.) I'd say its your 360.
Odrec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Odrec
Member since 2009 • 1897 Posts
I just bought a Samsung 650 46 inches for my PS3 and it looks perfect, but you should get a HDMI cable if you want to really experience it like it is meant to.
MithCo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 MithCo
Member since 2007 • 191 Posts

''component cables'' that is your problem.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#27 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I've got a Samsung 42" 450 720p 600hz Plasma & a Sony Bravia 52" V5100 120Hz 1080p LCD & both look + run fantastic with both games & movies. Samung is ran through component & Sony HDMI.

GAMESHARQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GAMESHARQ
well the panasonic viera i have is a plasma which is only supporting me with either a 420p display or 1080i.. and my box does not support HDMI.. and what i do mean is that it is a lag from input from controller to tv.. and i also own a 50'' pioneer plasma.. and i have the same problem.. so i have the 3 p's and i do have a problem !FyNoMeNoN
What box are you talking about? My 42" Panasonic Viera Plasma supports HDMI.
keebthesquee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 keebthesquee
Member since 2006 • 315 Posts

i got me a beautiful Gateway Extreme HD 30" LCD monitor. doesn't lag. beautiful colors. It does everything !!!

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

well the panasonic viera i have is a plasma which is only supporting me with either a 420p display or 1080i.. and my box does not support HDMI.. and what i do mean is that it is a lag from input from controller to tv.. and i also own a 50'' pioneer plasma.. and i have the same problem.. so i have the 3 p's and i do have a problem !FyNoMeNoN

Its hard to tell since I dont know exactly which model you have, but the Viera's are generally good quality TV's and I'm reluctant to assume that they are the problem. The fact that you have 3 plasmas all with the same problem reinforces that its probably not the TV's, too.

I'm guessing yours is an older model(since you have max 720p resolution, assuming that the 420 was just a typo), in which case you might not have the 'Game Mode' option on your set. But you should check anyways. Typically, this isn't to fix any sort of 'screen lag', though, but its worth a shot.

Really, I haven't heard many people ever complain about screen lag on a console. Its more typical of PC games. But if I had to guess, I think there might be a problem with your 360. Heat issues are known to cause screen lag on PC games, and this might be the case with your 360. Or maybe you're simply experiencing regular input lag, which might be related to your controller or your 360. Do you or your 360 or even your TV sit really close to something that'd have a strong magentic field(large subwoofer, etc)? Or have you ever played with a strong magnet around them? I know these are long shots, but there's something going on somewhere.

What I'd suggest is trying to find a friend with a 360 and bringing it over to see if it has the same problem.Basically, you just need to interchange thingsuntil something either works, oruntil you've narrowed down where the problem might lie. Good luck.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 gatsbythepig
You can't go wrong with a Samsung? I suppose you're right, unless you buy one over a VIERA I suppose.truelove79
M$ uses Samsung with their consoles in all kiosks. Do you wonder why? Samsung consistently gets some of the highest rating from CNET. Check the Specs and compare them to other models... Samsung is usually better.
seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

[QUOTE="truelove79"]You can't go wrong with a Samsung? I suppose you're right, unless you buy one over a VIERA I suppose.gatsbythepig
M$ uses Samsung with their consoles in all kiosks. Do you wonder why? Samsung consistently gets some of the highest rating from CNET. Check the Specs and compare them to other models... Samsung is usually better.

They're both very good. And just so people know, there's different model Viera's, and different model Samsung's. Just like with anything, you can go from kinda affordable to mega-expensive with both. Just saying that Samsung is better than Panasonic doesn't really mean much at all.

gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 gatsbythepig

[QUOTE="gatsbythepig"][QUOTE="truelove79"]You can't go wrong with a Samsung? I suppose you're right, unless you buy one over a VIERA I suppose.seankane

They're both very good. And just so people know, there's different model Viera's, and different model Samsung's. Just like with anything, you can go from kinda affordable to mega-expensive with both. Just saying that Samsung is better than Panasonic doesn't really mean much at all.

You are right, there are multiple models of TVs from each manufacturer.

Which is why you should research, like going to cnet and various other sites on the web. You certainly don't want to trust the Best Buy employee, so check the specs on the HDTVs you are looking at and compare. I have found with comprobable products and prices, Samsung comes out on top more often than not.

My advice comes from an LCD or LED standpoint. I live at high altitude, so normal plasmas don't work here.

Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

Plasma = Viera

LCD = Sharp Aquos 92 Series

You wont find better pictures, they are the best. Anyone who says otherwise is Biased.

The Aquos 92 series technology KILLS Samsung, Sony, Panasonic, ect..

You just have to be willing to PAY for the 92 series.

And you need to go to a specialty store. you can NOT buy the 92 series at a Bestbuy or Walmart ect.. The Sales people will lie to you and tell you their tv is the 92 when its actually the 64 series. Check the Serial Number