The One First Impressions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kuu2  Online
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

The One is a device that when you first here about it you are like, 'who would need that?'. Then you use it and you are like, 'wow I don't know how I ever did without this thing'. It is that ground breaking in being able to manage just about everything from a digital entertainment standpoint. My remote is a very lonely puppy right now. It is also probably the quietest console I have probably ever owned. I never thought Kinect would work so well and the switching from game to app, from app to TV, TV to IE, and IE back to games. It is truly a revolutionary product that any multi person family or single person will benefit from immediately. This sounds like I am some gushing fanboy and after using the thing I am. It is truly a benefit to own one.

I have yet to use a ton of the features of The One. The fitness app, and the NFL app, are my two most intriguing future experiences, and I have had a good amount of time with KI (Dojo is simply awesome), and only a little time with BF4 (stunning and smooth in motion). I just woke up after my first probably 7 hours straight with The One and will start my second play time with it this morning and give a report about the games in more detail.

It must have been the easiest decision in the world for MSoft to name the new Xbox Xbox One.

It truly is The One device for everything.

Avatar image for sethschroeder07
sethschroeder07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 sethschroeder07
Member since 2004 • 842 Posts

The only complaint, wish we had more HDMI pass through connections lol. I want to connect up my TIVO and PS4 both through the X1. The fitness app looks pretty dang cool. Also I just hope ESPN comes out with a fantasy snap for our fantasy football teams to track on sunday while watching the game....

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kuu2  Online

@sethschroeder07 said:

The only complaint, wish we had more HDMI pass through connections lol. I want to connect up my TIVO and PS4 both through the X1. The fitness app looks pretty dang cool. Also I just hope ESPN comes out with a fantasy snap for our fantasy football teams to track on sunday while watching the game....

No doubt........

I think the NFL will have fantasy football tracking as well. I don't think it will link to ESPN but you will be able to follow your team with the snap feature on Sundays while watching football.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Glad your enjoying it. Im a ps4 owner but Im getting x1 in the near future. So its good to hear some first hand impressions from consumers.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@kuu2 said:

The One is a device that when you first here about it you are like, 'who would need that?'. Then you use it and you are like, 'wow I don't know how I ever did without this thing'. It is that ground breaking in being able to manage just about everything from a digital entertainment standpoint. My remote is a very lonely puppy right now. It is also probably the quietest console I have probably ever owned. I never thought Kinect would work so well and the switching from game to app, from app to TV, TV to IE, and IE back to games. It is truly a revolutionary product that any multi person family or single person will benefit from immediately. This sounds like I am some gushing fanboy and after using the thing I am. It is truly a benefit to own one.

I have yet to use a ton of the features of The One. The fitness app, and the NFL app, are my two most intriguing future experiences, and I have had a good amount of time with KI (Dojo is simply awesome), and only a little time with BF4 (stunning and smooth in motion). I just woke up after my first probably 7 hours straight with The One and will start my second play time with it this morning and give a report about the games in more detail.

It must have been the easiest decision in the world for MSoft to name the new Xbox Xbox One.

It truly is The One device for everything.

I hear you man, what a day it's been for me....really enjoying the Xbox One.. It's so addicting and overwhelming to be honest, I can't get enough of the switching its incredibly fast and useful. So far I'm very impressed and I find the Kinect voice commands work rather well when you get used to them. The controller is perfect and a massive improvement. The OS is very stable overall, no freezing so far after 4 straight hours. Taking a break now.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kuu2  Online

@Alucard_Prime said:

I hear you man, what a day it's been for me....really enjoying the Xbox One.. It's so addicting and overwhelming to be honest, I can't get enough of the switching its incredibly fast and useful. So far I'm very impressed and I find the Kinect voice commands work rather well when you get used to them. The controller is perfect and a massive improvement. The OS is very stable overall, no freezing so far after 4 straight hours. Taking a break now.

Awesome aint it.....

I am also eating either a late breakfast or an early lunch right now ;)

I will answer any and all questions about the system if you have any.

Post away.......

One Week.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

If we don't see you popping back in here after a few months we will know why haha. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Hopefully I'm not asking for too much but i'd love to see you post up some screenshots from in-game. Preferably the XBO exclusives like Ryse, Forza and Dead Rising 3. If you don't have any of those games shame on you!

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kuu2  Online

@BattleSpectre said:

If we don't see you popping back in here after a few months we will know why haha. Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Hopefully I'm not asking for too much but i'd love to see you post up some screenshots from in-game. Preferably the XBO exclusives like Ryse, Forza and Dead Rising 3. If you don't have any of those games shame on you!

Ha.......

Not a race fan, and I will pick Ryse up in the bargin bin. I am still debating on DR3, I liked the first one and skipped the last ones. Believe me KI and BF4 are all I really need right now. KI is deep and loads of fun and BF4 is a must get for me. BF4 is buttery smooth and looks great. The demo for Kinect Sports Rivals is really good as well, my family had a blast with the wave race type game last night. It actually controlled really well.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#9 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

I was similarly blown away. Until you do the voice commands yourself, you just don't get how easy they make navigating everything. And without much effort I'm at a good 90-95% success rate with voice command, and as you learn how to say them it gets better.

I was never in a million years going to hook up my Verizon box to it, but the thought of watching TV with some little widget snapped off to the side is very intriguing. Some Sunday, I may give it a go to watch football with the NFL app snapped to the side.