The Deal with Halo 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Flaming_Pickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Flaming_Pickle
Member since 2004 • 58 Posts
With the most recent videos of the multiplayer beta of Halo 3, I have to say I am a little disappointed. Now, I know, I will get about twenty posts saying "You are being negative. Halo 3 will pwn." And to all those people, I am sure it will pwn. I have never been a huge fan of the first two. I did enjoy playing a lot of Halo 2 on XBL at my friends house. But from the new videos, it seems like halo 3s just going to be halo 2 with better graphics. If somebody can tell me of all the great new features that they will add, ill gladly listen. but from all the gameply vids, it just looks like a lot more of the same.
DoomHawk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 DoomHawk92
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts

Halo 2 is one of the best online games to date. Why change anything?

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

NoxusSlayer345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 NoxusSlayer345
Member since 2006 • 2400 Posts
...seriosuly where do all these "halo 3 sucks its like halo 2 and teh graphics arent even good" people come from?
flainsoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 flainsoul
Member since 2006 • 516 Posts
^^^^ exactly y change something that was perfect, just put new levels and maybe a gun or 2 and its fun all over again
Flaming_Pickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Flaming_Pickle
Yeah it is great, but why do they need to come out with a whole new 60 dollar game if it is going to be the same?
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
i'm betting you had to re write your topic title a couple of times because the first few allready were taken....
Flaming_Pickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Flaming_Pickle
Don't think that I am a Halo hater. I really liked multiplayer on Halo 2. And I do think the vids have some pretty graphics, but i just expect there to be a little more added to it than there seems to be. Ill be happy if Bungie proves me wrong, but if not, im stickin with gears
Flaming_Pickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Flaming_Pickle

i'm betting you had to re write your topic title a couple of times because the first few allready were taken....danneswegman

haha surpisingly enough, no

DoomHawk92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DoomHawk92
Member since 2006 • 311 Posts

Yeah it is great, but why do they need to come out with a whole new 60 dollar game if it is going to be the same?Flaming_Pickle

Don't buy it then.

dawso0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dawso0n
Member since 2005 • 1767 Posts
you dont have a clue you havent even played the game... to play NO SAY!!!!
unrealslim09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 unrealslim09
Member since 2006 • 1196 Posts

^^^^ exactly y change something that was perfect, just put new levels and maybe a gun or 2 and its fun all over againflainsoul

sorry buddy its DEF not perfect 

Flaming_Pickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Flaming_Pickle

[QUOTE="flainsoul"]^^^^ exactly y change something that was perfect, just put new levels and maybe a gun or 2 and its fun all over againunrealslim09

sorry buddy its DEF not perfect

yay sombody agrees w/ me 

Clinton015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#13 Clinton015
Member since 2005 • 9039 Posts
it looks like pwnage....
Roland1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Roland1987
Member since 2004 • 3038 Posts
Don't think that I am a Halo hater. I really liked multiplayer on Halo 2. And I do think the vids have some pretty graphics, but i just expect there to be a little more added to it than there seems to be. Ill be happy if Bungie proves me wrong, but if not, im stickin with gearsFlaming_Pickle
I don't think there is a whole lot of motivation to make a new game, they can just release an updated halo 2; regardless of how it turns out there are enough Halo fans to make even a mediocre well.
qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts

yeah i cany believe that halo 3 is like the other halos but with more stuff,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,thats crazy!

im not even good at halo multi but i love playing it. to much fun 

wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
watch, when some footage of gears 2 comes out ppl are gonna start saying "omg it suxors, just gears w/ new guns WTF". IT'S A SEQUEL JUST WHAT DO YOU EXPECT! FF fans dont seem to be complaining that the CORE game play mechanics are the same but w/ prettyer graphics, and theres probably over 30 titles in the FF library. now that series has had 20 years of minor upgrades in all areas making it radically different from the originals, but thats not the point. ppl like to have a sort of comon feeling in there franchises, otherwise it might aswell have a different name if it doesn't play the same!
pjam07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 pjam07
Member since 2004 • 170 Posts

With the most recent videos of the multiplayer beta of Halo 3, I have to say I am a little disappointed. Now, I know, I will get about twenty posts saying "You are being negative. Halo 3 will pwn." And to all those people, I am sure it will pwn. I have never been a huge fan of the first two. I did enjoy playing a lot of Halo 2 on XBL at my friends house. But from the new videos, it seems like halo 3s just going to be halo 2 with better graphics. If somebody can tell me of all the great new features that they will add, ill gladly listen. but from all the gameply vids, it just looks like a lot more of the same.Flaming_Pickle

THREE THINGS

1)Why make a topic like this when you know it will be flamed

2)Ever hear of if its not broken, dont fix it

3)IF YOUR NOT A FAN OF THE FIRST ONE WHY THE HELL ARE YOU POSTING ABOUT THE THIRD 

Flaming_Pickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Flaming_Pickle
i dunno frankly i was just bored as hell lol but its funny to see how many hardcore halo fans are out there. im not saying its a bad franchise, i just think its a bit overrated. wat makes it so different from other fps? and nobody say "its just awesome!" why is it so much more awesome than anything else?
Rob2223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Rob2223
Member since 2006 • 7524 Posts
if halo 3 is just halo 2 with new maps, weapons, and vehicles i would be VERY happy. so good.
RCade3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RCade3
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

well they are adding equipment which changes a lot of the gameplay and makes it more tactical, and support weapons will a new element with their 3rd person-view and there are going to be loads of customizable options in custom games ex: control the level of gravity. sounds pretty awesome to me.

Flaming_Pickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Flaming_Pickle
I dunno i just think that i could just as easily play any other FPS. personally i like FEAR and far cry better just cuz they seem a littl emore innovative. Halo seems just like another alien shooter to me.
kindredmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 kindredmachine
Member since 2002 • 2625 Posts

...seriosuly where do all these "halo 3 sucks its like halo 2 and teh graphics arent even good" people come from?NoxusSlayer345

From the place where people face reality? I  happen to agree with "those people" as well. The graphics are really dissapointing :-(

--MAV3R1CK--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#23 --MAV3R1CK--
Member since 2006 • 9346 Posts

With the most recent videos of the multiplayer beta of Halo 3, I have to say I am a little disappointed. Now, I know, I will get about twenty posts saying "You are being negative. Halo 3 will pwn." And to all those people, I am sure it will pwn. I have never been a huge fan of the first two. I did enjoy playing a lot of Halo 2 on XBL at my friends house. But from the new videos, it seems like halo 3s just going to be halo 2 with better graphics. If somebody can tell me of all the great new features that they will add, ill gladly listen. but from all the gameply vids, it just looks like a lot more of the same.Flaming_Pickle

ok so first of all, its BETA FOOTAGE. Not the actual game, the game comes out in the FALL, so I'd wait before making any assumptions. You can't say something about the game without even playing it. Why even bother to comment on it if you are just going to say something negative?

jimmyobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jimmyobo
Member since 2005 • 217 Posts

well i respect your opinion, but you have to look deeper. What the 1 minute long videos leave out is huge. Many new weapons lead to new strategies that cant be shown in that short time. Obviously they wouldnt want to release too much. What they also lack in showing is the use of energy ball shield. That can really lead to some let down when your fighting someone 1 on 1  make the game more challenging. Also in the videos everyone tends to suck at driving the atv, which makes it seem useless. But you can have a buddy ride on back and shoot. Overall the game looks fun, they only show online play and im sure the story is amazing. We will just have to wait and find out. One personal message, if you have a 360 you cant afford to miss halo 3. Its just something you have to have like Gears.

RCade3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 RCade3
Member since 2006 • 258 Posts

[QUOTE="NoxusSlayer345"]...seriosuly where do all these "halo 3 sucks its like halo 2 and teh graphics arent even good" people come from?kindredmachine

From the place where people face reality? I  happen to agree with "those people" as well. The graphics are really dissapointing :-(

how are the graphics dissapointing?
Goron24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Goron24
Member since 2005 • 1043 Posts

^^^^ exactly y change something that was perfect, just put new levels and maybe a gun or 2 and its fun all over againflainsoul

Cuz it aint perfect. I myself have never been a fan of the first two the single players were boring and the multiplayer was a simple run and gun. i do think halo 3 looks fun but..... its by no means perfect or one of the best games to date, but then again its opinion based

JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

Halo 2 is one of the best online games to date. Why change anything?

If it's not broken, don't fix it.

DoomHawk92

Tell that to Bungie

They completely ruined the ranking system for Halo 3. I sincerely doubt I will be playing very much multiplayer this time around. :?

NoNam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NoNam3r
Member since 2004 • 831 Posts

wow "halo 2 with better graphics"

i bet can name 10 things that's different and that's just the beta

1.equipment, no other game has this

2.balanced weapons, every weapon has it's uses, atleast that's what all the other ppl who played the beta says.

3.less auto aim, this was very annoying in halo 2 because you couldnt tell the difference in between the average joes and pros.

4.man cannon, yea u can say UT has this but can u launch nades across a map and stick someone in UT? or how about launching an entire vehicle across.

5. 3 new gametypes, land grab, vip, and a new totally different territories

6.Support weapons, you move slower and it has a high recoil but, you have a friggin chain gun

7.Spartan laser, look up betalicious and you'll start hyping this game again

8. save film, never done in any games b4, sure pc games have demos but you can't rewind or pause and you can't send it to other friends so this is a big step into next gen imo

9. new physics, unlike other games if you die in the water your body will start floating in the water and so will your weapon if it is light enough and your nades. also being able to launch anything that's movable into the man cannon which has been said b4.

10. small things like being able to move faster but even a bigger thing personnally for me is 90 degrees fov. i was so annoyed that halo 2 had only 60 degrees.

wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts

I dunno i just think that i could just as easily play any other FPS. personally i like FEAR and far cry better just cuz they seem a littl emore innovative. Halo seems just like another alien shooter to me.Flaming_Pickle

WOW! you think fear and far cry are inovative!? sorry......

but ya one of the things that makes halo so much fun is that it has all these great elements, like only holding 2 weapons, recharging energy shield (tons of fps's since halo have coppied this) the way that nades bounce and explode, it's all these great elements being combined and then finley tuned so they compliment eachother just so well. everything in the game just feels right, and flows like amazing sex. i'm not saying it's perfect, caus well every game has it's problems, this game just seems to have few problems and does alot of things right.  

tree-branch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tree-branch
Member since 2007 • 3262 Posts

new single player

new maps

better graphics

more weaponds

tuned up old weapons

now cars

that video stream crap

Yea halo will own.

shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
WTF exactly do you want them to change? You want them to make it a platformer? Throw in clowns with chain saws? You say it looks like more of the same, but unless you can explain just wtf exactly you hoped they would change from a AAA game, you should really STFU.
Flaming_Pickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Flaming_Pickle

wow "halo 2 with better graphics"

i bet can name 10 things that's different and that's just the beta

1.equipment, no other game has this

2.balanced weapons, every weapon has it's uses, atleast that's what all the other ppl who played the beta says.

3.less auto aim, this was very annoying in halo 2 because you couldnt tell the difference in between the average joes and pros.

4.man cannon, yea u can say UT has this but can u launch nades across a map and stick someone in UT? or how about launching an entire vehicle across.

5. 3 new gametypes, land grab, vip, and a new totally different territories

6.Support weapons, you move slower and it has a high recoil but, you have a friggin chain gun

7.Spartan laser, look up betalicious and you'll start hyping this game again

8. save film, never done in any games b4, sure pc games have demos but you can't rewind or pause and you can't send it to other friends so this is a big step into next gen imo

9. new physics, unlike other games if you die in the water your body will start floating in the water and so will your weapon if it is light enough and your nades. also being able to launch anything that's movable into the man cannon which has been said b4.

10. small things like being able to move faster but even a bigger thing personnally for me is 90 degrees fov. i was so annoyed that halo 2 had only 60 degrees.

NoNam3r

Thank you this is what i was looking for. someone was willing to tell me facts about the game instead of just bashing me. thanks man. this has raised my hopes for this game a little. not a lot, simply because i am not a big fan of halo. o and for the other guy, i just want to say that i think far cry and fear are more innovative is because they have some kind of big feature that majorely changes the gameplay. the most innovative thing i believe halo has is its grenades system which, i agree, is fantastic. but this feature is seemingly minimal to me when compared to fear's breathtaking, slow motion gunfights or far cry's crazy predatorial abilities and fun (but flawed) stealth system.

terrellpakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 terrellpakeman
Member since 2003 • 1326 Posts

...seriosuly where do all these "halo 3 sucks its like halo 2 and teh graphics arent even good" people come from?NoxusSlayer345

The pasture.

Food_Nipple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Food_Nipple
Member since 2003 • 8379 Posts
New graphics, new weapons, new gameplay mechanics, none of the old weapons are quite the same, new vehicles, and this is just the demo.  There are only 3 levels, no single player, only half of the support items, and not the full amount of weapons.
Avatar image for metallica_fan42
metallica_fan42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#35 metallica_fan42
Member since 2006 • 21143 Posts
You're not forced to like it. I'm going to buy the game regardless of reviews(because I don't let them persuade me one way or another) or of other's opinions.
ag1002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ag1002
Member since 2004 • 13499 Posts

I'm wondering the same thing