The day after Christmas and I got the red ring of death.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
I just got the red ring of death. How did it just randomly go there?
Avatar image for Unlimited_Power
Unlimited_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Unlimited_Power
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I just got the red ring of death. How did it just randomly go there?SSBFan12
I got even worse on Christmas DAY!!! It wasn't RROD, and I was stupid enough to tell M$ that it wasn't RROD, so now I have to pay the 100 bucks for the repair... M$ is really starting to **** me off.........
lilasianwonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 lilasianwonder
Member since 2007 • 5982 Posts
That really sucks
bigbob25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bigbob25
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Bill Gates just peed in your wheaties
spartanpride83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 spartanpride83
Member since 2008 • 249 Posts
That sucks man.
siwshy08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 siwshy08
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts

LOL i sent mine to xbox a few weeks ago and they havent recieved it so there losing them now, watch out.

blackdog144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#7 blackdog144
Member since 2004 • 655 Posts
i got my RROD yesterday on Christmas. and my 360 is a launch 360. so im going to be sending in my 360 as soon as the box comes in.
orbis_mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#8 orbis_mortis
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts
Sorry, man that sucks bad!!
RedChuckz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 RedChuckz
Member since 2006 • 830 Posts
Dude this is funny how everybody is getting the RRoD during the holiday time including me its like M$ send out a virus to mess up your box so you buy another one and blackdog i don't think M$ sends boxes anymore.
irawqk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 irawqk
Member since 2008 • 50 Posts
You don't get that BS for PS3. =p.
cluelesspug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#11 cluelesspug
Member since 2007 • 3398 Posts

I feel your pain. I got it 5 days before Christmas.

Unlimited_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Unlimited_Power
Dude this is funny how everybody is getting the RRoD during the holiday time including me its like M$ send out a virus to mess up your box so you buy another one and blackdog i don't think M$ sends boxes anymore.RedChuckz
If you ask me, in a sense... M$ did indeed send out a virus of sorts... It's called NXE... I loved NXE... installed every single game I own onto the hard drive... Played with the netflix stuff... LOVE the avitars... LOVE the parties... But, you guys cant deny, and M$ has admited... There has been a surge of RROD's since the NXE has launched. I don't care what people say about software not being able to cause a hardware failure... Thats bull-spit... Have'nt you ever gone into the settings of your video-card, and amped up its performance... Are you telling me that, that can't cause a hardware failure?... If you ask me, I say that the NXE uses more processing power than the old menu's, and it's causing the systems to over heat faster... But one thing is undeniably true... RROD rate has gone way way up since the NXE.........
Phooey442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Phooey442
Member since 2005 • 485 Posts

Dude this is funny how everybody is getting the RRoD during the holiday time including me its like M$ send out a virus to mess up your box so you buy another one and blackdog i don't think M$ sends boxes anymore.RedChuckz

Yea but for every one post of a RRoD theres thousands of other happy 360 owners like myself. 360 is #1 for a reason....and no i'm not a fanboy, I own a ps3 as well. Of course you will see more problems with 360's....there's alot more of them out there lol

Unlimited_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Unlimited_Power

[QUOTE="RedChuckz"]Dude this is funny how everybody is getting the RRoD during the holiday time including me its like M$ send out a virus to mess up your box so you buy another one and blackdog i don't think M$ sends boxes anymore.Phooey442

Yea but for every one post of a RRoD theres thousands of other happy 360 owners like myself. 360 is #1 for a reason....and no i'm not a fanboy, I own a ps3 as well. Of course you will see more problems with 360's....there's alot more of them out there lol

You have your numbers off... It's for every person complaining about the RROD, there are 3 happy owners... as it's about a 25% fail rate... Me though... Honestly, I may complain about RROD, and its my right to, but its not enough to keep me from leaving the 360, for my PS3...

I like the 360 over my PS3 for 7 reasons...

1.) X-Box Live has no comparisons...

2.) The Achievements are VERY addicting...

3.) Almost all games have available local multiplayer...

4.) Most multi-platform games run better on it, for no apparent reason (On paper, the PS3 is better)...

5.) Netflix...

6.) Easier to bring places if you have an HDTV, and the place your going to doesn't (People in my situation know what I'm talking about)...

7.) Halo (Enough said).

Though lately, I realized that games wise, there really isn't much of a difference between the 360 and the PS3 anymore... What you have to ask yourself is... Do you like Resistance and Metal Gear? Or do you like Halo and Gears? Do you like LittleBigPlanet and MotorStorm? Or do you like Mass Effect and Dead Rising?... You guys get my point... Aside from those 8 games I just mentioned, and maybe a few other small games... The rest of the games out there now are on both systems. One thing that may make the PS3 the dominant system within a year, is if Killzone 2 turns out as good as it looks, and if God of War 3 is as good as the first two were... If both those games turn out great, then I have to say that the PS3 has the upper hand in exclusives... Still not enough for me to like it better though, even if both those games I just mentioned turn out great, just because of those 7 reasons I gave earlier, I'll like the 360 better... But then again, when you consider Blu-Ray on the PS3, it's a close call... Hard to say which on is better for me.........

Avatar image for ParisHilton1Fan
ParisHilton1Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ParisHilton1Fan
Member since 2008 • 1071 Posts
[QUOTE="Phooey442"]

[QUOTE="RedChuckz"]Dude this is funny how everybody is getting the RRoD during the holiday time including me its like M$ send out a virus to mess up your box so you buy another one and blackdog i don't think M$ sends boxes anymore.Unlimited_Power

You have your numbers off... It's for every person complaining about the RROD, there are 3 happy owners... as it's about a 25% fail rate... Me though... Honestly, I may complain about RROD, and its my right to, but its not enough to keep me from leaving the 360, for my PS3...

I like the 360 over my PS3 for 7 reasons...

1.) X-Box Live has no comparisons...

2.) The Achievements are VERY addicting...

3.) Almost all games have available local multiplayer...

4.) Most multi-platform games run better on it, for no apparent reason (On paper, the PS3 is better)...

5.) Netflix...

6.) Easier to bring places if you have an HDTV, and the place your going to doesn't (People in my situation know what I'm talking about)...

7.) Halo (Enough said).

Though lately, I realized that games wise, there really isn't much of a difference between the 360 and the PS3 anymore... What you have to ask yourself is... Do you like Resistance and Metal Gear? Or do you like Halo and Gears? Do you like LittleBigPlanet and MotorStorm? Or do you like Mass Effect and Dead Rising?... You guys get my point... Aside from those 8 games I just mentioned, and maybe a few other small games... The rest of the games out there now are on both systems. One thing that may make the PS3 the dominant system within a year, is if Killzone 2 turns out as good as it looks, and if God of War 3 is as good as the first two were... If both those games turn out great, then I have to say that the PS3 has the upper hand in exclusives... Still not enough for me to like it better though, even if both those games I just mentioned turn out great, just because of those 7 reasons I gave earlier, I'll like the 360 better... But then again, when you consider Blu-Ray on the PS3, it's a close call... Hard to say which on is better for me.........

You mentioned quite a few things that are on PlayStation 3 as well. -_-

Anyways, you think that's bad I got RRoD the second day I had my 360.

Longcat2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#17 Longcat2
Member since 2008 • 924 Posts

Dude this is funny how everybody is getting the RRoD during the holiday time including me its like M$ send out a virus to mess up your box so you buy another oneRedChuckz

No, there's nothing different about the amount of RROD's. Its just that since its Christmas time the op felt he needed to create an entirely new topic where people who got ring rolled on christmas could share their distress instead of posting in the sticky.

Phooey442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Phooey442
Member since 2005 • 485 Posts
id love to see some evidence that the fail rate of 360s is even close to 25% and if that IS true what does that say about the ps3 still being in 3rd by a sizable margin
Avatar image for ChampionoChumps
ChampionoChumps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ChampionoChumps
Member since 2008 • 2381 Posts
i got it a week before christmas so basically the whole christmas break without an xbox
orbis_mortis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#20 orbis_mortis
Member since 2008 • 420 Posts

id love to see some evidence that the fail rate of 360s is even close to 25% and if that IS true what does that say about the ps3 still being in 3rd by a sizable marginPhooey442

I don't know what the numbers are now, but when MS finally admitted the problem and extended the warranty to 3 years it was a 33% failure rate. That means every third X360 would get a RRoD. But they have made some updates to the hardware since so I don't know what the failure rate is now.

Unlimited_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Unlimited_Power
some1 mentioned that 1 of my 7 reasons why i like 360 over ps3 is also on ps3.. like what? achievements? ps3s trophies rnt on most games... but like i said... it is a close contest... but i like 360 better still... plus... thought of an 8th reason why i like 360 better... 8.) Removable HDD... the removable HDD is VERY handy 4 travel 2 friends houses... OOO ... reason number 9... 9.) recover gamertag... not sure if ps3 can do that... but its also VERY VERY handy.........
Unlimited_Power

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Unlimited_Power

[QUOTE="Phooey442"]id love to see some evidence that the fail rate of 360s is even close to 25% and if that IS true what does that say about the ps3 still being in 3rd by a sizable marginorbis_mortis

I don't know what the numbers are now, but when MS finally admitted the problem and extended the warranty to 3 years it was a 33% failure rate. That means every third X360 would get a RRoD. But they have made some updates to the hardware since so I don't know what the failure rate is now.

Also... To answer "Phooey442"s rhetorical question... Why is the PS3 in third in the console race?... Firstly, read my 9 reasons why I like the 360 better... I posted it on the first page of this topic... That will explain why the 360 is winning... That, and the 360 had a year start in sales... And as for why the Wii is winning... We all know that the Wii is just a fad... For anyone that buys the system, the novelty wears off after about a year... and then your stuck with a last gen system, with almost no good games out for it.........
dark_mask_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#23 dark_mask_91
Member since 2007 • 3004 Posts
My 360 decided to kick the bucket on christmas day.:( Got the E74 error, and I'm currently waiting for it to be fixed. The messed up part is that I got Guitar Hero World Tour so now I can't play. Did this happen to me because i was bad this year?
Avatar image for NOWHEREFADED120
NOWHEREFADED120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 NOWHEREFADED120
Member since 2005 • 157 Posts
Got my 1st RROD a few days ago. Towel tricked twice to no avail. Sending it in tomorrow. And no, they do not send out coffins anymore. By the way the system was only 13 mths young. To bad so effn sad...
DriggerX900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 DriggerX900
Member since 2006 • 33 Posts
Wow so they dont send out boxes anymore? I've been waiting for nothing then...
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
deactivated-5f9ba38f308de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
Member since 2005 • 1468 Posts
blog it, post it in the sticky, or just leave. everyone MUST have their own complaint thread after their xbox dies right?