The Darkness....Thoughts? Single Player Length?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

texag2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 texag2005
Member since 2007 • 72 Posts

Gamefly just informed me they are shipping The Darkness. Am I in for a treat? What are your thoughts on the game? How many hours can I expect out of single player?

Thanks!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#2 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

I loved the singleplayer alot, it had great atmosphere, fantastic story, nice graphics and good characters.

I ended up beating the game and then starting it up again right away because i had so much fun the first time thru.

Its also got one of the best beginings in a videogame ever imo :)

The multiplayer though is terrible and was just a quick add on from the developers as they really spent most there time making the singleplayer enjoyable.

Junkie_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Junkie_man
Member since 2008 • 1219 Posts
I found it a little underwhelming, but still a very enjoyable, if not groundbreaking, experience. I rented it, but I didn't feel the need to play through it again after completing it, so didn't by the game. It seems that this game has divided opinion somewhat, but was a well-polished, if rather average, fps IMO.
Gaara79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gaara79
Member since 2005 • 4476 Posts

I love it. I got it when it came out and couldnt put it down when i playd through it the 1st time.once. Now i'm playing it again on hard and doing more side missions.

I love the story and admosphere. And it has the best achievment ever. Also later in the game it has one of the most disturbing scenes i've ever seen in in a video game. But i'll let you discover those on your own;)

ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
Great single player, fantastic story and is actually quite the tear jerker. Also one of the most memorable scenes in any game. Ever.
destinhpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 destinhpark
Member since 2006 • 4831 Posts
You certainly ARE in for a treat. In my honest opinion, this game is a finely crafted masterpiece as far as story-telling and voice acting goes. It looks amazing, it sounds amazing, and it really plays amazing. The game won't take you anymore than 8-ish hours to beat. And don't even bother with multiplayer. The game shines in it's stunning single player. It's a great game, your jaw will be dropped while playing the intro, I guarantee you.
Dr_Zeduto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dr_Zeduto
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts

I really enjoyed the single player, it was one of my favorite games of 2007 single player wise and the fact that it came during the summer months when good games are usually scarce was a plus.

The game has an excellent story and some really fun action.

The shooting aspect of the game wasn't anything special really, but adding that with the powers you gain with the darkness and it was really fun. The game had great graphics, great voice acting, some incredible facial animations and even some survival horror moments. IMO the game was probably the most under-rated gaming of '07, It didn't really get bad scores, but they were 7's when I think the game should have been an 8 or 9.

The multiplayer was pretty tacked on, and when the game first came out the lag was unbearable, but that aside the game is definitely worth a rental. :)

canadiankidd91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 canadiankidd91
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts
Story was amazing. The Gameplay was about average or less.
g5velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 g5velocity
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts
A true underrated game for the 360 but fortunately you can get it for cheap now.
gamer_10001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 gamer_10001
Member since 2006 • 2588 Posts
It's a great game, but my one complaint is that I found it fairly easy.
CradleXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 CradleXX
Member since 2005 • 2820 Posts
Single player was excellent. bad multiplayer.
pancho76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pancho76
Member since 2003 • 80 Posts

You certainly ARE in for a treat. In my honest opinion, this game is a finely crafted masterpiece as far as story-telling and voice acting goes. It looks amazing, it sounds amazing, and it really plays amazing. The game won't take you anymore than 8-ish hours to beat. And don't even bother with multiplayer. The game shines in it's stunning single player. It's a great game, your jaw will be dropped while playing the intro, I guarantee you.destinhpark

i played the game twice and i enjoyed it...but for some reason i cant remeber what happened in the awesome intro everyone is talking about! haha. we dont wanna spoil anything for anyone...but can someone refresh my memory at least with a hint or something that doesnt give it all away? Some specific detail or something? lol

jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
It's one of the few games that I love despite the fact that the shooting itself is pretty awful. Kind of weird, but I really like it even with the bad AI, and awkward aiming.
fLaMbOaStiN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 fLaMbOaStiN
Member since 2008 • 687 Posts
You guys are making me mad that i didnt pick it up last time i was at game spot.. There's practicly a shelf full of used copies.. I think i'll pick it up tommarow :)
AaaSS82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AaaSS82
Member since 2005 • 213 Posts
the intro is you and two other guys driving through a tunnel while the credits roll. i was just thinking about this game the other day and how much i loved it. fps are not usually my favorite but i feel like its all ive been playing lately. darkness is awesome and a welcomed break in pacing from other shooters. it felt a bit more like indigo prophecy at times which i recommend everyone download immediately on xbox live.
WhiteDesert89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WhiteDesert89
Member since 2007 • 691 Posts

Great story, graphics and the best lighting and shadows I have seen so far. The weapons are just the usual thing but the powers are great. Some horror parts that I would like to forget, but this helped the story. I wish the story had been longer though and loading previous levels so far from each other is annoying.