The dark days until 11/11/11

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jaften

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jaften
Member since 2007 • 150 Posts

Hello folks

I need some advice on a cheap game ($15 or less) to get me over until skyrim. I have narrowed it down to four. Too Human, Force Unleashed, Bourne Conspiricy and the Darkness. What do you lot think? I am also open for ANY other cheap suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Mafia 2

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

Of those four games you listed I would say Too Human if you want to play for a while - I put close to 50 hours into that game. If you are looking for a good singleplayer experience then go with The Darkness. Be warned though, as Too Human is considered to be a pretty terrible game, but some reason I loved it.........2 player co-op may have had a lot to do with it, so keep that in mind.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

All of those will not last more than a few days. I know Two Human is short and I beat the Bourne Conspiracy in one day.

CodingGenius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#5 CodingGenius
Member since 2004 • 8118 Posts
Force Unleashed was a lot of fun, though I don't know that it'll last you that long. If you like Star Wars, it's really good, though.
Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#6 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5905 Posts

Hello folks

I need some advice on a cheap game ($15 or less) to get me over until skyrim. I have narrowed it down to four. Too Human, Force Unleashed, Bourne Conspiricy and the Darkness. What do you lot think? I am also open for ANY other cheap suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

jaften
The only game that will even hold you over until November is Too Human, but I was never a fan of that game. I know people who like it. The Darkness is cool, but I don't remember it being a very lengthy game either. I would go with one of those two.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts

Hello folks

Thanks in advance.

jaften
I can say from experience: Too Human- BAD Bourne- Good. I didn't like The Darkness, but I seem to be in the minority there. Cheap suggestions: WET- an excellent cinematic experience with great music. Viking: Battle for Asgard- a single player quest-based action game. The big draw here is that at the end of each series of quests there is a huge battle between your army and the demon army. Dark Void- a cookie cutter cover shooter until you get the jetpack. Then it really becomes worthwhile. Mercenaries 2: World in Flames- 3rd person shooter, but with airstikes and building destruction. And online co op for 2 players. I hope this helps.
Avatar image for DecadesOfGaming
DecadesOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#8 DecadesOfGaming
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts

'Prey' (due to the up comming release of the sequel) or 'The Darkness' (same reason)

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#9 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

The only game I've played out of the four that you mentioned is The Force Unleashed, and that's pretty good. So I would go with that.

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts

The Darkness and Too Human are the better of the bunch.

Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

I really enjoyed Force Unleashed, but it is a SHORT game. I blazed through it, and have only hung on to it to go back through to get collectibles and 100% it. I would say to get the Darkness, but that's mainly because Darkness 2 is shaping up nicely, and playing the first one might be helpful.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#12 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Splinter Cell: Conviction, Alan Wake, or Fallout 3 I'd say.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
prey and the darkness both are very good games