The biggest info I took away from the Gears of War 2 interview with Cliffy B.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kaycon11
Member since 2008 • 442 Posts

Ok, I watched the Gears 2 interview with Clifford Bleszinski, and the biggest piece of info I took away was this quote, "...so we got to go back and strike back at the heart of the enemy, where they live, where they breed, and uhh..Take them out once and for all." -Cliff Bleszinski from the GoW 2 Interview

Take it for what you want, but it totally sounds as if this could be the last game in the GoW franchise. Whats your guy's take on this quote???

p.s. You can find the quote on the Gears of War 2 interview with CliffyB, it is located around the 3:07 mark.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
i thought Gears was suppose to be a 3 part series?
linkinworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 linkinworm
Member since 2005 • 3134 Posts
he also said "why stop at a trilogy why not 4 or 5 games". this will be a 3 part game at the least, it could work just like halo 2 did, ending better be better tho, halo2 ending sucked
zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

ok :roll:

it's called not hinting (even though they already did) to a 3rd game before the 2nd comes out

kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kaycon11

i thought Gears was suppose to be a 3 part series?chaoscougar1
Ya, thats what I thought, but! Im pretty sure Epic has not come out and officially announced that GoW would be a trilogy, thats just what people keep assuming.

he also said "why stop at a trilogy why not 4 or 5 games". this will be a 3 part game at the least, it could work just like halo 2 did, ending better be better tho, halo2 ending suckedlinkinworm
I don't know man, why would they want to do that, I would rather them end it at 2 if they are gonna pull a halo. Oh and the quote about why stop at a trilogy, I don't know where or when that was from, but if you know Cliffy B, you know he likes to fool around and what not, so he could have been joking around or being somewhat of a smartass, but I don't know. All I know is, why make it a trilogy when you can just stop at 2?

ok :roll:

it's called not hinting (even though they already did) to a 3rd game before the 2nd comes out

zero9167

Yes, but Shenmue was suppose to be like 13 chapters, the first game being the first, but guess what, the 2nd game came out and now its not around, obviously things changed, and I know with Shenmue it was financially but what Im getting to is, things can change, maybe Epic don't want to make Gears anymore.

From the quote here in the latest interview it definitely sounds like Gears 2 is the last game, thats all I'm trying to say, now do I hope it is? no, I hope they make a Gears 3.

EDIT----

Oh.. And remember, they got a new writer for Gears 2, so who knows...Maybe he and Epic got together and came up with a story that would end the game at 2, making a 3rd game unnecessary, or something.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts
While watching the interview, I kept thinking, "Cliffy B.'s hair looks like Jason Chambers' off Human Weapon." Yeah, that's pretty random.
dxy592

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dxy592
Member since 2006 • 1505 Posts
Remeber that the Locust Horde will not stop until they win or they die. I'm sure that Marcus and his squad won't be able to annihilate the entire Locust population by themselves, even with their newfound redneck friend. I'm positive that the Locust problem will be resolved in the third Gears of War. Gears 2 will end in a cliffhanger and Gears 3 will have a big boss fight at the end (possibly with the Locust queen).
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

I'm sure that Marcus and his squad won't be able to annihilate the entire Locust population by themselves, even with their newfound redneck friend.dxy592

:lol:

kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kaycon11
Remeber that the Locust Horde will not stop until they win or they die. I'm sure that Marcus and his squad won't be able to annihilate the entire Locust population by themselves, even with their newfound redneck friend. I'm positive that the Locust problem will be resolved in the third Gears of War. Gears 2 will end in a cliffhanger and Gears 3 will have a big boss fight at the end (possibly with the Locust queen).dxy592
Again, you are just assuming based off nothing, I am pointing out that this could be the last GoW game based on a quote from an Interview with Cliffy B. There has been no official word from Epic if there will be a GoW3 nor have they said its gonna be a trilogy, people just keep assuming its gonna be a trilogy.
bunyip94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 bunyip94
Member since 2007 • 199 Posts

there going to barrel into the heart of the locust and kill all of them thats what he said you dont know that that is actually going to happen if there is going to be problems or locust will kill he humans first. yeah didnt think of that did ya no

TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
The whole part with Cliffy B, all I got is more understanding of how much a tool he is. And he doesnt know jack about his own game.
FLzthvikings87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FLzthvikings87
Member since 2007 • 721 Posts

Ok, I watched the Gears 2 interview with Clifford Bleszinski, and the biggest piece of info I took away was this quote, "...so we got to go back and strike back at the heart of the enemy, where they live, where they breed, and uhh..Take them out once and for all." -Cliff Bleszinski from the GoW 2 Interview

Take it for what you want, but it totally sounds as if this could be the last game in the GoW franchise. Whats your guy's take on this quote???

p.s. You can find the quote on the Gears of War 2 interview with CliffyB, it is located around the 3:07 mark.

kaycon11

I didn't realize that signing up for trilogies ment only making two games for the series......two is the start of this attack from what i've seen 3 is the completion of the attack. If anyone else has read the game informer article on GeOW2 it mentions you spending a certian duration of the single player helping dom look for someone as well as begin the attack on the locust. I believe that means some of the campaign is spent searching while the rest is leading up to this attack on the locust front.

mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
I listened to it, and that sure didn't get me thinking Gears 2 would be that last Gears. It was a line the guy said as an answer, there's no "hints" or "forewarnings" telling us about the trilogy. Plus, I seriously doubt that guy is THAT smart to begin with...
kaycon11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kaycon11
I listened to it, and that sure didn't get me thinking Gears 2 would be that last Gears. It was a line the guy said as an answer, there's no "hints" or "forewarnings" telling us about the trilogy. Plus, I seriously doubt that guy is THAT smart to begin with...mohfrontline
Umm...He is one of the founders of Epic, he knows what he's talking about.
Lazygamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lazygamer01
Member since 2004 • 205 Posts
um didnt GoW 1 talk about how the bomb was supposed to eradicate them once and for all too but it ended up failing? yeah it did so it just means watch out for a plot twist
gears90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gears90
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts
Id be willing to bet that it will have an even bigger cliffhanger. You wont actually destroy the locust in this game, that will be the third. Hes just saying that there wont be the oh yea we killed them all... oh wait no we didn't thing again.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

kaycon11

gears of war is a troilgy.

besides..we dont even if the locust are the only problem mankind is facing..hell i still have doubts that "the queen" barking at the locust is even one herself.

"Ya, thats what I thought, but! Im pretty sure Epic has not come out and officially announced that GoW would be a trilogy, thats just what people keep assuming."

yes..they have..many many times. why would people assume the game is a trilogy?

[QUOTE="mohfrontline"]I listened to it, and that sure didn't get me thinking Gears 2 would be that last Gears. It was a line the guy said as an answer, there's no "hints" or "forewarnings" telling us about the trilogy. Plus, I seriously doubt that guy is THAT smart to begin with...kaycon11

and you seem to think you do? you're overthinking his entire comment. yes the game was annouced as an troigly..weeks after it's release :|

Pirate_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pirate_X
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts
The Goal is to take out the locust once and for all. He did not mention anything about the COG suceeding in their goals. People take things way out of context.
Pirate_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pirate_X
Member since 2005 • 168 Posts

[QUOTE="mohfrontline"]I listened to it, and that sure didn't get me thinking Gears 2 would be that last Gears. It was a line the guy said as an answer, there's no "hints" or "forewarnings" telling us about the trilogy. Plus, I seriously doubt that guy is THAT smart to begin with...kaycon11

One of the founders of Epic? Do your research son. Cliffy B has never been "one of the founders of Epic".

chicagog19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 chicagog19
Member since 2006 • 753 Posts
There could other enemies beside locusts.
NaiKoN9293

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NaiKoN9293
Member since 2004 • 4102 Posts

[QUOTE="dxy592"]Remeber that the Locust Horde will not stop until they win or they die. I'm sure that Marcus and his squad won't be able to annihilate the entire Locust population by themselves, even with their newfound redneck friend. I'm positive that the Locust problem will be resolved in the third Gears of War. Gears 2 will end in a cliffhanger and Gears 3 will have a big boss fight at the end (possibly with the Locust queen).kaycon11
Again, you are just assuming based off nothing, I am pointing out that this could be the last GoW game based on a quote from an Interview with Cliffy B. There has been no official word from Epic if there will be a GoW3 nor have they said its gonna be a trilogy, people just keep assuming its gonna be a trilogy.

do you HONESTLY believe they will stop at 2 games?? Look at ALL the other HUGE selling games, they ALL get sequels to the point where its not even funny anymore. I really think that gears will continue well beyond a trilogy. its far too popular

the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

No, that doesn't mean anything... You're thinking too much into it.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

No, that doesn't mean anything... You're thinking too much into it.

the_leet_kid

i agree

capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

It just means that the Gears are taking a more proactive approach than before, though I do kinda wonder why it's taken them so long to do so.

They are making GoW 2 because the first was a success. And if they keep being successful then they will keep making GoW games.