Suspended Live Account Due To Payment! Help!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

metaluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 metaluk
Member since 2006 • 117 Posts

Hey Everyone.

Someone must of had this happen to them. Anyway read on. Any help would be appreciated.

I've had my gamertag just going into its 4th year. I always used to pay for it on my creditcard. Last week my gamertag/account had been banned due to a problem with payment (right menu pops up with this message on log in to live). The card i used to use expired late last year. Live subscription was due for renewal about 2 weeks ago, and like most some propleforgot it needed renewing. I've bought a 12 months live subscription pre-pay voucher today renew my acount, but it wont let me add the voucher.

I got on the phone to xbox live helpline and figured they would be able to sort it out over the phone. But No they didnt. Person i spoke to asked has the old card expired (yes), go online on the net and change payment details he says (did that or tried..funny though the secure part of the site lists my old card plus 2 more from a few years ago). Still no luck sorting things online.

So what to do. How can i re-activate my account/gamertag?

Any hep please!

SgtSilock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 SgtSilock
Member since 2005 • 3167 Posts
You CANT even log into your profile offline because of this? Poor, Poor, POOR disicion by microsoft.
metaluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 metaluk
my 360 boots ups, right menu appears saying that message, you can go into the account manager, but thats it. voucher comes up 12 month subscription, but it says some garbage about already subscribed to re-active account change payments options...very confusing!
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
So you can't update your cc information at all?
metaluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 metaluk

I dont want to use creditcards to renew membership, much prefer the pre-pay. gamertag was made on original xbox then migrated over to 360 18 months ago. Funny thing is if you buy live on 360 with a voucher and it runs out it goes back to silver on it own, it happens if you made gamertag on original xbox and subscription runs out and not renewed (due to credit card expired or not enough money to pay etc etc).

It will let you add a new card, but not use pre-pay voucher to renew..very strange.

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Customer service was actually right. Go to xbox.com and go to "Modify Membership". From there you should be able to add the code for the new subscription.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#7 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

Customer service was actually right. Go to xbox.com and go to "Modify Membership". From there you should be able to add the code for the new subscription.DZBricktop

Yeah just remove your credit cards as payment options and then use the code.

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts

[QUOTE="DZBricktop"]Customer service was actually right. Go to xbox.com and go to "Modify Membership". From there you should be able to add the code for the new subscription.shawn7324

Yeah just remove your credit cards as payment options and then use the code.

You can't do that.

I had your exact issue about a month ago and what you have to do is put in a new credit card. It will charge you for what you owe and probably again for what you have your payment set to. It's pretty stupid pre-paid cards won't fix this, but you have to use a credit card.:(

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DZBricktop

I had your exact issue about a month ago and what you have to do is put in a new credit card. It will charge you for what you owe and probably again for what you have your payment set to. It's pretty stupid pre-paid cards won't fix this, but you have to use a credit card.:(

LTomlinson21

At "Modify Membership" there is an option for redeeming a code. You shouldnt have to use a card when the option is right there on the screen.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/accounts/BuySubscription.aspx?Check=true

LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
[QUOTE="LTomlinson21"]

DZBricktop

At "Modify Membership" there is an option for redeeming a code. You shouldnt have to use a card when the option is right there on the screen.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/accounts/BuySubscription.aspx?Check=true

I know that, but for some reason they will not accept the use of a pre-paid card for paying back money you owe. I am guessing there system wasn't built to understand how to do that, which is a problem.

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DZBricktop
Wow, now that really sucks. How do you owe money for something you pay for in advance?
metaluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 metaluk
Hmm So unless i use another card my gamertag is pretty much useless now!. Annoys me as i've had this gamertag for 4 years. What happens to the xbox live arcade games i bought and my gamerscore if i make a new account/gamertag? Gone i suspect?
Avatar image for TazmanianDiablo
TazmanianDiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#13 TazmanianDiablo
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts
wow dude thats some serious bisinesses thats y i switched 2 1 year prepaid cards muchh easier!
xbx4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 xbx4ever
Member since 2003 • 479 Posts
I had a similar problem, call customer service again and demand to speak with a supervisor or manager, it took them a couple of days to get it figured out but I got to keep my gamertag in the end. Good luck man
TheTrueMullet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheTrueMullet
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
When i try to sing in to my account on Xbox live it says that message. So when i click update profile it takes me to the account management, but then it kicks me back to the dash board. and i don't know what to do then.
tkemory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 tkemory
Member since 2002 • 2191 Posts
You guys need to learn to speak to customer service. Demand that your gamertag is updated with the card you just bought. That is what they are for, ask to speak with manager if the person on the phone can't help you.
paulnewland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 paulnewland
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Damm i thought it was only me who had that problem.I get the same thing.Funny how it did that when i downloaded the new update.Have you managed to sort the problem out yet?
paulnewland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 paulnewland
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
Damm i thought it was only me who had that problem.I get the same thing.Funny how it did that when i downloaded the new update.Have you managed to sort the problem out yet?
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

You guys need to learn to speak to customer service. Demand that your gamertag is updated with the card you just bought. That is what they are for, ask to speak with manager if the person on the phone can't help you.tkemory

its nowt to do with the update was down before the update.

what the crack is that you signed up to pay via credit card reapitidly until tell them no more. you had free months which you never paid for. so they computer system wants a new credit card from you to pay for the money that you owe. as microsoft will make more money if they take the money direct from you rather than a card.

from the sound of it theys nothing you can do on your xbox or online apart from add your new credit card, pay what you owe then remove your credit card and then use the card. thats your only option on how you can move it forward unless your prerpared to keep working at them on the phones. which is what i wud do work on the phones to them.

keep a private record of the converstaions you have with the support team, let them know you have called numerous times already and had no joy in sorting the problem. note the date and time you call, how long they keep you on for and every person you speak to take they name and department. as soon as you start acting professionally this way with them they know you got they details before you get into the bunt of the complaint. if you dont get anywhere demand to speak to a manager. also keep getting all the new peoples details. then if you dont get anywhere your going to have to ask them for they complaints procedure and id write in rather than phone a complaint. from they procedure you will know how many days they take to get back in contact for a complaint and make sure they follow up or you follow them up on they own complaint terms.

its probally a daft thing in they system. and if the people on the front line also have the same problems getting rid of the arrears before you can apply the card then you need to escalate the problem thought they departments until you get to someone who has the access on they systems and authority to alter your account. after all they should be able to debit your 12 months and deduct how ever many months you've been unpaid. its the fair thing to do. and if you insist and dig deep into they team until you find people who can have access to remove the debt and do any good will jestures, as in most customer service teams the front line usually cant add any credits to your account and need someone with supporior authority to remove any debt or give ya a credit on ur account.

wont get any better advice than that. its you vs ms cust support. dig deep they will be someoene in there with the access you need to sort ur problem,. and put in a complaint if they refuse to move this on. as its not beyond them to sort this out. id just straight up tell them look my card got cancelled i no longer have a credit card etc so then this is the only way forward.

hope ya get it sorted out, no one on here i doubt can help other than egg ya on to give it to the phone line beeyatchs

metaluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 metaluk

Hey guys.

I did finally sort out the problem. As i originally posted when i started this thread (scroll up to read it all). Basically it took me about 4 calls to the call centre to it sorted out. After speaking to 3 foreign people, none of them had a clue honestly. Even though i told them i didnt have a creditcard anymore, and i had this 12 month voucher which i purchased from Gamstation etc. Finally i got an english person, explained it all, and asked to change or delete the old inactive creditcard off my account so i can add this voucher for the membership, and that was how i wanted to pay for Live from now on with pre pay cards. (now i said this to the 3 other people who kept saying i had to use another creditcard) i got put on hold for 2 mins, guy says, 360 switched on, yes is it, tell me if the gamertag changes from gold to silver, it did, card deleted, now put in the code from the voucher..its worked no problem.

There is no point in getting nasty with them down the phone as the problem still would exist anyway, no point in getting all pissed off over the phone, its just easier if you stay calm, but be assertive and dont take no for an answer..it worked for me!!

Rock_Roberts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Rock_Roberts
Member since 2007 • 266 Posts

Question...did they take the time off that you didn't pay with your CC off the XBL card?

Main reason why I ask this is because this happend to me a while back...like almost a year ago. I forgot that I enter my CC on the site to get XBL to work on my OBX. I've called and talk to them and they first told me that it was sent to collections, and that there was a chance that I might be able to play on XBL again with the gamer tag. So I didn't worry too much about it because I didn't have the money then.

So, I call the other night because something is wrong with my ES4: Oblivion game data (taking WAY too long to load). And after I was pretty much told that I might have to delet my 60+ hours of game play, I asked about my gamer tag. She said that after 84 days had passed since it has been "banned" from XBL because of payment, they deleted it from their database.

Does any one know if this is true or not? I would really hate to lose all my info and gamerscore and have to start all over again just because of them billing me for 3 months without me knowing about it.

brewser1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 brewser1
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
ooooook.. so ive got the same problem as the dude at the top of the thread.. i stopped my old card so now i need to change my details to my new ones.. but when i go on the account thingy on xbox.com it only gives me the option to enter a pre-paid voucher number?!? any help would be VERY grateful! :)
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#23 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
Well its an MS issue, just get back on the phone and talk with them until they figrue it out.
There's nothing else you can do.
ratchet3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ratchet3
Member since 2004 • 7883 Posts
Keep calling Xbox until it is sorted out. My credit card had expired so the payment on it wouldn't go through, I didn't want any of the credit cards to get charged so I had to suspend the account so the payment did not go throught. I had to call them about 4 times until someone finally did it.
brewser1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 brewser1
Thanks peepz uve been gr8.. now on to the phone i go :D
brewser1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 brewser1
ok, more problems, any1 know a number i can call to get this sorted out? i cba to look thru the xbox site again.. it rly p****s me off sooo much.. -_- i'd be very greatful if sum1 has alrdy got of there arse do find one as i dont have the patience :D tyvm
brewser1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 brewser1

ok, more problems, any1 know a number i can call to get this sorted out? i cba to look thru the xbox site again.. it rly p****s me off sooo much.. -_- i'd be very greatful if sum1 has alrdy got of there arse do find one as i dont have the patience :D tyvm

edit - Just to notify i live in the UK.. so no like american numbers or anything lal :)

Avatar image for SnowPhoenix9999
SnowPhoenix9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 SnowPhoenix9999
Member since 2008 • 144 Posts

edit - Just to notify i live in the UK.. so no like american numbers or anything lal :)

brewser1
Here's the phone contact information for Xbox Support in the UK: Phone

Assistance by phone:

0800 587 1102

or +44 20 7365 9792 from a mobile phone

Hearing Impaired (TTY device):
0800 587 1103

Hours of operation:
Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
Saturday: 09:00-20:00
Sunday: 09:00-17:00

(From: http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/support/contact/) It's also worth noting that if you just want to use another credit card, you should be able to fix the problem by changing your payment method to the new card at billing.microsoft.com.
darkmoney52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 darkmoney52
Member since 2004 • 4332 Posts
Same thing hapenned to me, I just ended up getting a new account.
Kwom_Masbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Kwom_Masbag
Member since 2008 • 1233 Posts

Sorry for bumping this old topic, but I'm dealing with this exact same problem right now, but I don't have the patience to deal with customer support (not to mention the fact that I'm probably not old enough to call them;) ). I'm trying to deal with this online, but whenever I go to sign in on xbox.com to deal with it, it just tries to get me to create a new profile. I've been using this profile since around the 360 came out, and I don't want to have to just erase all of that time and effort that went into my profile. Any help would be much appreciate. Thank you in advance.

Kwom_Masbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kwom_Masbag
Member since 2008 • 1233 Posts
Sorry for the double post, but I was wondering if contacting Microsoft via e-mail would produce the same results, or if I would be better off using a different method (besides calling)...
BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts
Yeah, I had the same issue. You have to enter in a new credit card number. My old card expired and I had a game with a 48 hour trial and I wasn't able to use it. I had to enter in my new credit card information and after that I had no use for the 48 hour card since I setup the new card.
mrod009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 mrod009
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts

if anybody still has this problem: u dont have to call customer support...

just go here: http://www.billing.microsoft.com

and edit ur payment from there.

irdante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 irdante

and, to add to this mess has anyone had to get though this one.

For me, i started out in the UK, made the gametag etc etc... entered in my UK credit card details, payed for 2 years of Gold membership....all good.

So i moved to South Africa and now the account has come up for renewal once again. The problem now is, i have a South African Credit card.... i have tried to change the country detail on the xbox site, but its "greyed out"

i have tried to leave it UK and finish credit card update...but it seams that microsoft in all thier secure wizdom do a verify country check on the card and deny the update because im sitting comfy in South Africa and not in the UK.

So, i cant change the country, cant update the credit card......which means i cant sign into XBox Live.

Anyone know of away round this?

thanx

T0NYPR3SIDIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 T0NYPR3SIDIO
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i have the same problem and im not gonna pay 4 an error that microsoft made... fck dat sht!!! i think it'll b easier if i just buy a ps3...
MissMorphine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MissMorphine
Member since 2008 • 1156 Posts

that happened to me. but i didnt pay em a cent. i got a new tag.

XPGVANGAURD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 XPGVANGAURD
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I actually had trouble with this issue a couple days ago. All you have to do is call 18004myxbox and explain your situation to the customer service person. All they have to do is cancel your subscription from the credit card, and then you give them the code on the 12 month prepaid card, and you'll be all set. You wont have to make a new gamer tag or anything. You wont lose anything off of your account. The only thing is i had a little trouble understanding the person i was talking to.
riverslinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 riverslinky
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I had the exact same problem. Only that my credit card was lost and never provided the new CC info to Xbox. After my account was suspended, I wasn't able to to get Xbox to accept the new CC I provided. I finally got it working by going to Xbox.com and deleting every CC on record except the one I tried to get it to accept. It then worked. The billing system is obviously glitchy since there is no reason that should have worked and no reason for Xbox to keep my account suspended after I followed their directions on screen by adding a new/valid CC for them to deduct the charge from. Be warned. I could not play Kinect Shape Fitness with that account. It kept telling me to update it. I should have at least been able to use it with my acct offline, but no go. If you no longer need a Gold acct and get this game, due to the glitch you may be forced to renew to play it.