Surround sound headphones?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CrimsonGX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 CrimsonGX
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I'm in the market for one, something around $100. Any suggestions? 8)

Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
I'm going to be buying some Bose ones, they're more closer to $200 then $100 but I mean it's Bose, so I'm guaranteed quality in every aspect possible lol
CrimsonGX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 CrimsonGX
I was looking at the AX360 ones, but after reading some reviews I think I should look around some more, or spend more for a better pair of headphones :/
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
Yeah I was just going to be cheap like I normally am but then decided that since I normally notice sound quality through headphones a lot more and most I buy break that I should spend the extra dollar and get quality ones. Just like my normal surround sound, when i was first looking I bought one of the cheaper ones just so I could have some 5.1 ASAP and now I'm regretting it because I know I can have much better (am geting much better now as well lol) and it was a waste of $140 if I waited 2 more weeks I could've have a great system and not have to get a new one now
i-like-pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 i-like-pie
Member since 2005 • 4070 Posts
I use the Sennheiser HD 555 surround headset
AaaSS82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AaaSS82
Member since 2005 • 213 Posts
i own the tritton ax360 and love them. they hook up via optical cable and have in-line control for front, back, center and sub speakers. true surround sound. the bass rattles when cranked which creates a cool rumble effect. got em on amazon for $100.
daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 daviwinn
Member since 2004 • 4827 Posts

Oddly enough I have a set of Bose Quiet Comforts and a set of Tritons. The Bose headphones are far superior when listening to audio that is only two channels (basically just Music) but what the Tritons lack in sound quality they make up for with the Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound.

And if you plan on playing online you'll need something with a mic anyway (it is very ackward to try and wear the headset under headphones). The Tritons are highly recommended from me, the only drawback is that you must adjust the sound settings for each game in order to hear the other players over the games sound.

I_Sinsear_I

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 I_Sinsear_I
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I know people will start flaming me after I make this post. But anyways, my uncle works in the audio business, and thus I get a lot of information from him. But as far as I know, I don't recommend BOSE at all (dubbed: Buy Other Sound Equipment/Better Stealings Through Research). They aren't known for quality, and there are people who have dissected Bose headphones (particularly the QC2/QC3) and found that they were made of inferior materials (such as paper wafers). It ultimately depends on what kind of headphones you're interested in. For sound isolation, and in the ear canal style headphones, there's the Shure's, Etymotics, Ultimate Ears, and most of those companies have a budget line series (that are still very good nonetheless). If you like over the ear headphones (known as cans), then there's Sennheiser, AKG, Grado, Ultrasone. Again, some of these companies' high end headphones run $500+, however, they do have budget line, or you can get a midline pair online for much, much cheaper at wholesale prices. (Pricegrabber, Bizrate, CNet lists the best prices. Make sure the dealer is certified tho)

In the end though, it's ultimately based on what style you like and how much you're willing to invest in a pair of headphones.

PS: I'm an audiophile and I currently use these: http://shure.com/PersonalAudio/Products/Earphones/SEModels/us_pa_se530_content . They are well worth it.

will477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 will477
Member since 2003 • 117 Posts
I would recommend something from Sennheiser. i have a couple of their products, andthey are great.
CrimsonGX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 CrimsonGX

Has anyone used thePioneer 5.1 set for the 360?

It's going for $120 at walmart. Any good?

360Paintballa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 360Paintballa
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I know what you mean, I WAS deciding, but now im just getting a Senn 555 and putting a Zalman Clip on mic on it, so i dont look retarded with a mic hooked up and im not even using it.)
360Paintballa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 360Paintballa
One thing... If you get ANY headphones, get them from Newegg.com
PhillupM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 PhillupM
Despite the reviews I took a chance and bought the Tritton AX360 5.1 headphones. I love them. There are better headphones for music but these are excellent for gaming. Most of the bad reviews stated the chat volume was not loud enough. I find this problem is in the game settings not the headphones, even with my standard surrond sound system I have to decrease the sound effect and music volume settings in order to hear the chat. Once everything is adjusted the AX360 headphones work great. The sound quality is good but not the best, there is some "hiss" when the audio signal is quiet and the bass response could be improved but the 5.1 works excellent. I can hear the direction I am being shot from and that is what gives these headphones the advantage. I prefer the AX360s over my surrond sound system when it comes to gaming. In my opinion these are the #1 accessory for the xbox360.