sudden 360 problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mauvilto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mauvilto
Member since 2005 • 384 Posts
ever since I bought my 360 I had problems but they were very few they were like 1 froze a week or something like that... for the last week gears of war froze 8 out of 8 times online... and gears of war was a game that had never froze before.. then yesturday I try to turn on the 360 and it gave me the 3 red lights... I conected everything again restarted everything and I don't know what to do... anyone has had this problem and solved it or somthing?  thanx
DoctorFunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DoctorFunk
Member since 2002 • 18740 Posts
Another one bites the dust...
mauvilto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mauvilto
I hate microsoft now... there's always bugs and stuff... apple should make a gaming console and I KNOW it would be flawless almost every single one of them but like its about microsoft there almost no flawless 360s
mauvilto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mauvilto
is there a way to get rid of the red lights? besides conecting it correctly
Yng-ePIc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Yng-ePIc
Member since 2005 • 804 Posts

Another one bites the dust...DoctorFunk

lol...funny and true, same thing happened to me......HARDWARE FAILURE! you have to get your system repaired or replaced. if you're still under warranty, call the hot line and start the process. 

Greatwasabi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#6 Greatwasabi
Member since 2005 • 1818 Posts
Yeah, you get a free 1 year warranty. So you can send it backand get a new one.
Baroncx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Baroncx
Member since 2006 • 216 Posts

ever since I bought my 360 I had problems but they were very few they were like 1 froze a week or something like that... for the last week gears of war froze 8 out of 8 times online... and gears of war was a game that had never froze before.. then yesturday I try to turn on the 360 and it gave me the 3 red lights... I conected everything again restarted everything and I don't know what to do... anyone has had this problem and solved it or somthing? thanxmauvilto

how funny is that, so happy i found this thread. this just happend to me as well. this week it started crashing MUCH more than usual, and today it froze and red lights came on... thought restarting would do the trick, but nothing. at least the 360 just straight breaks whereas my original xbox degraded slowley as the laser drive became more unruley 

Baroncx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Baroncx
Member since 2006 • 216 Posts
oh, btw, should i do manufacturers warranty or the warranty i got at gamestop?
RawhideSphinx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RawhideSphinx
Member since 2004 • 527 Posts
I have had small problems like freezing 131 disc read errors, but no red lights, It makes me fearful to upgrade to the elite and I don't think I will.
the3game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 the3game
Member since 2003 • 66 Posts

Patience ppl, its all you need.

My first 360 died 3 months ago (3 red lights of death) it lasted 1 year and 2 months, luckily i had my warranty, so i just called M$ for the repair, 2/3 weeks later i received a "new" one with 2 more years of warranty (nice), when i turn it on BAM! freezes... and 10 minutes later the 3 red lights of death come again to hunt me!

So once again i call MS*** for the repair, and 3/4 weeks later i received a new one with a 1 month gold subscription card!! (wow...), and THANK GOD IT STILL WORKS at least for now...

mj53916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 mj53916
Member since 2003 • 104 Posts
       If you really want Microsoft to admit they have a problem I would suggest contacting any number of consumer protection agencies or wright to a news organization like CNN or FOX NEWS or something like that because this is ridiculous.Microsoft has to be held responsible and at least admit to potential costumers problems there having.
mj53916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mj53916
  Im on my 4th console by the way.
Sw0rDMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#13 Sw0rDMaN
Member since 2005 • 1234 Posts
Im glad i havent had any probs yet with my 360... ;) But ppl dont forget always put your 360 in a space where it  has alot of air around it.. do not put it in tight corners or in furnitures.. It will kill it
totaldj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 totaldj
Member since 2004 • 3556 Posts
just call ms...they'll hook you with a new one...
the3game

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the3game
Member since 2003 • 66 Posts

Im glad i havent had any probs yet with my 360... ;) But ppl dont forget always put your 360 in a space where it has alot of air around it.. do not put it in tight corners or in furnitures.. It will kill it Sw0rDMaN

I have so much space around it that I'm surprised how the heck mine died, i even have two windows near the console so in the summer a nice breeze passes from it, and BTW no sun can reach it.

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

I hate microsoft now... there's always bugs and stuff... apple should make a gaming console and I KNOW it would be flawless almost every single one of them but like its about microsoft there almost no flawless 360smauvilto

LOL - this is true - Apple would make an amazing RISC based gaming console that would never have problems and Jobs would be an amazing game console Icon.  The only problem is the darn thing would probably cost upwards of $1000!

:)

mj53916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mj53916
  Microsoft will fix your console only under warranty.Most people having problems are smart enough to know that the 360 needs breathing room trust me I gave mine plenty and it still failed 4 Times!!!!!Also how in the heck does Microsoft expect that it can afford "hooking people up"with a replacement console the 1,2,3and4 or more times they have to be replaced.I don't think a x-box 360 owner would put up with having to send there console in every 3,4 and 5 months to get it replaced. I know im getting sick of it.