Stupid Kid Cancels Gears of War 2 Party

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 0

#1 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Seriously

I was gonna go too...I'll still go but tomorrow. What incentive do I have now if there is no party?
Iconic_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Iconic_D
Member since 2008 • 849 Posts
Isn't that the kid who ran away because his parents were limiting his XBL time?
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
That makes no sense? How would a party about a game affect them? They should just stop selling COD4 out of respect.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Toriko42
Isn't that the kid who ran away because his parents were limiting his XBL time?Iconic_D
Yeah, let me be the first to say I have no sympathy for him

His parents on the other hand I do
psn_Jaimzl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 psn_Jaimzl
Member since 2008 • 1241 Posts

Isn't that the kid who ran away because his parents were limiting his XBL time?Iconic_D

they werent limiting but they took away the entire xbox. rumour right now is he passed away of starvation.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Toriko42

[QUOTE="Iconic_D"]Isn't that the kid who ran away because his parents were limiting his XBL time?psn_Jaimzl

they werent limiting but they took away the entire xbox. rumour right now is he passed away of starvation.

What was this kid...an idiot?

Did his brain stop working? Insanity
Iconic_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Iconic_D
Member since 2008 • 849 Posts
[QUOTE="psn_Jaimzl"]

[QUOTE="Iconic_D"]Isn't that the kid who ran away because his parents were limiting his XBL time?Toriko42

I would say more. but I believe in karma...
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
[QUOTE="psn_Jaimzl"]

[QUOTE="Iconic_D"]Isn't that the kid who ran away because his parents were limiting his XBL time?Toriko42

The kid was probably mentally ill. Not his fault his parents didn't care enough to pay more attention to him. Parents really need to set boundries for their children. He's what 14 or 15 and stays up until 4 am playing games. I doubt that's a good thing.

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts

I blame both him and his parents though. His parents were doing the right thing but I think they should've done a better job monitoring him.

The kid....well... he just took it way too far. I realize he's only like 14 but at 14 I had a part time job. I was able to think clearly. I was able to make good decisions. Anyway this kid should've been able to make better decisions.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#10 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

Seriously

I was gonna go too...I'll still go but tomorrow. What incentive do I have now if there is no party?
Toriko42

How is canceling a launch party being respectful to someone who died after running away?

wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wwervin

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Seriously

Legolas_Katarn

I would venture a guess and say that the whole "launch party" thing means they're celebrating a video game's release. After a kid was just featured in the news as having died because of video games this might be bad publicity. On the other hand, it could just be the store trying to create good publicity by looking respectful.

How is canceling a launch party being respectful to someone who died after running away?

BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts

Some people shouldnt play games. I know 10 year olds that have more common sense than this kid. Sorry, but i feel no sympathy for this kid, only for his parents.

GodOfSpore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 GodOfSpore
Member since 2008 • 102 Posts
We don't know the whole story. Maybe the kid was being stubbourn and a pain in the rear. Or maybe the parents were cruel and abusive and that made him run away.
BeyondPain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BeyondPain
Member since 2008 • 762 Posts

We don't know the whole story. Maybe the kid was being stubbourn and a pain in the rear. Or maybe the parents were cruel and abusive and that made him run away. GodOfSpore

This could be the case but we're only going on what we know and since this saga is basically over (i god i hope it ends soon) we will probably never hear the full story. If theres anymore on it, chances are it'll be about bashing video games

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Toriko42
[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="psn_Jaimzl"]

[QUOTE="Iconic_D"]Isn't that the kid who ran away because his parents were limiting his XBL time?craigalan23

The kid was probably mentally ill. Not his fault his parents didn't care enough to pay more attention to him. Parents really need to set boundries for their children. He's what 14 or 15 and stays up until 4 am playing games. I doubt that's a good thing.

I stayed up till 4:00 AM playing WoW but I still understood reponsiblility, had good grades, and held my job
tOtalPWNaAe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tOtalPWNaAe
Member since 2008 • 3375 Posts

no,because they took his COD4 game what a cruel punishment:roll:

EvilAshTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EvilAshTwin
Member since 2008 • 690 Posts
Once again the media is missing the point. For example, I found this link, wheres the option for stubborn stupid kid? Instead trying to place the focus on the wrong area, oh lets blame video games! Or lets say the parents are being irresponsible for trying to do the right thing. Yes they could have stopped him as he walked out of the door, but the kid is 15. 15 is the period of a kid's life where they resort to drama to get what they want. This is not the parents fault, and this sure as hell isnt the fault of the video game industry. If the tobacco industry cant be blamed for causing people to die from lung cancer then how can people actually try to say Video games was the cause for this kid to run away and get himself killed?
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
damn, that realy sucks for people going to that party. I have to say that the kid should have done that al together. my parents took away my 360 i'm going to run away from home.
BlazingDrakul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BlazingDrakul
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts

WOW leave it to a Canadian to screw everyone else over =/

Post-Carnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Post-Carnage
Member since 2008 • 174 Posts

Yeah I head the story about the Canadian kid who was found dead because his Xbox was taken away.

Avatar image for 8732_YoungJeezy
8732_YoungJeezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 8732_YoungJeezy
Member since 2008 • 1656 Posts
wow....
R7_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 R7_3
Member since 2006 • 1565 Posts
since the kid loved videogames so much, they should've had the party in his honor then, not cancel it
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 wwervin

since the kid loved videogames so much, they should've had the party in his honor then, not cancel itR7_3

I don't really think it's about honoring him... I think the store wants to use his death as publicity to say oh we're gonna be respectful and not have a party for GEARS OF WAR 2 EVERYONE!!!! IT JUST CAME OUT!!! Yeah... no party for that in his honor..

There's a saying that all publicity is good publicity, so for them to use his name to cancel the party it gets them on the news and noticed more. It's pretty underhanded...