Stream movies with subtitles?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by SuperBeast (13227 posts) -

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to stream movies from a device with the option to turn subtitles on?  I know back before the 360 supported a lot of different codecs and such TVersity was the easiest, but surely there's a better way now?   I could have sworn it used to be as simple as making sure the file name for the subtitles file was the exact same as the movie/video, but that doesn't seem to be working now.    Thanks

#2 Posted by SolidTy (45919 posts) -

This is why I buy movies on disc either on DVD or Blu-Ray.

Better sound, looks better, subtitles, director's commentary, deleted scenes, alternate endings, outtakes, et cetera.

Subtitles are nice though, good luck with your problem.

#3 Posted by KaotiK_un_basic (2100 posts) -
you need them to be hardcoded. as far as i know xbox doesn't support .SFV files (streamed nor burnt to usb) so if the movie needs subs, make sure they're hardcoded.. if you need foreign subs; you're likely SOL.
#5 Posted by i_noseworthy (1581 posts) -
Sorry to say, but TVersity might still be your only option. MS amazes me in their inability to add new functioning file formats to the 360 media player. And as for oweeeeen... let's hope that guy dies in a fire.
#6 Posted by i_noseworthy (1581 posts) -

This is why I buy movies on disc either on DVD or Blu-Ray.

Better sound, looks better, subtitles, director's commentary, deleted scenes, alternate endings, outtakes, et cetera.

Subtitles are nice though, good luck with your problem.

SolidTy
Any good rip has all the things you mentioned... just sayin'.