stop locking the gta topics.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
none wants a stickied gta thread. it makes what you need hlp with very hard to find so stop locking the threads. jesus
nitroracer82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 nitroracer82
Member since 2007 • 549 Posts
You tell 'em! LOL
ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
lol im serious. people need help with issues just like in any other game. its not fair to them. i go into a topic and try to help someone and its locked.
SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

Jesus wasn't locking those threads. :|.............:lol:

You have to admit though, there are so many threads popping up, it is crazy!!

I really don't mind seeing a ton of GTA threads.

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts
Yeah I had one locked AND lost 50% of my "Level" in points for posting a GTA topic. Doesn't make GS a very enjoyable experience right now - I just wonder if the higher ups actually realize just how crazy some of the Moderators have gotten. Makes me want to head to other boards instead - but there's such a good community here it's hard to leave.
Bigchips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bigchips
Member since 2004 • 636 Posts
i totally agree with you...it can be annoying but why dont you direct all ya GTA question over to the gta 4 360 board....i just came back from there and its a party8)
jasonlc3221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#9 jasonlc3221
Member since 2003 • 791 Posts

GTA this, GTA that, lock this, lock that. LOL, I think it's hilarious how much time Gamespot is wasting trying to keep up with locking all these threads. Ummm, don't they have some games to review?

jeffboardin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jeffboardin
Member since 2007 • 97 Posts
They did that because there are so many people making threads about GTA that have no point just because they are excited about it. Same thing needs to be done to COD4.
MattRushmore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MattRushmore
Member since 2008 • 246 Posts

You can go to the GTA forum. Thats always an option. Then there are seperate threads.

Dont get me wrong though, I'm with ya. The mods are out of control like a bunch of 10 year olds.

mistablair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 mistablair
Member since 2003 • 690 Posts

You can go to the GTA forum. Thats always an option. Then there are seperate threads.

Dont get me wrong though, I'm with ya. The mods are out of control like a bunch of 10 year olds.

MattRushmore

Why even have a thread for XBOX360 games if you cannot discuss them. If you were meant to only discuss games in their respective threads there would be no general xbox thread.

It "clutters" up the board? If it "clutters" it up, that probably means the majority of the people want to discuss that, why prevent discussion on what the majority of people want to discuss?

Gamespot has gotten kind of iffy lately. They wait until everyone else releases their reviews and it's always a "safe" score. Oh well.

Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts

Stickied threads for individual games are useless for several reasons.

1) Most people blatantly ignore it.
2) High possibility of seeing a spoiler on accident.
3) People need help with an INDIVIDUAL act. The stickied thread is for the COMPLETE game, not just that part you need help with.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts

Jesus wasn't locking those threads. :|.............:lol:

You have to admit though, there are so many threads popping up, it is crazy!!

I really don't mind seeing a ton of GTA threads.

SavageM2

i dont' either.

it does get hetic in one thing becaus epeople don't read the messages. if u look on like page 2,3 there are a lot of locked gta threads :P

FUBAR24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 FUBAR24
Member since 2005 • 12185 Posts
ya the same thing happens when all the big profile games come out.some people need individual help and the sticky topics can get so large so quickly you have to sort through like 6 pages just to hope that someone might have seen your question and gave you an answer. they say its more convienent that way but really it just hinders a lot of people and turns them away
BLBLAKERS10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 BLBLAKERS10
Member since 2007 • 1280 Posts
Gamespot forums are so lame half the time.. i got suspended for telling someone they didnt like a good challenge...
Avatar image for stealth360snipa
stealth360snipa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 stealth360snipa
Member since 2006 • 767 Posts
none wants a stickied gta thread. it makes what you need hlp with very hard to find so stop locking the threads. jesusag3ntz3rox0x
totally agree. it makes the specific thing u want to know very difficult 2 find out. i would never post in the stickied thread. and if they lock this one, then they're officially a-holes
LRP85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LRP85
Member since 2007 • 3094 Posts

There is a whole board you can go to on this site that you can get answers from if you don't want to look through the sticky you know. This is not the only place to get info from. Not only that even with the locking there are still way to many GTA topics. Most of the time it is the same question over and over again.

By the way this will also get locked soon.

mistablair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mistablair

[QUOTE="ag3ntz3rox0x"]none wants a stickied gta thread. it makes what you need hlp with very hard to find so stop locking the threads. jesusstealth360snipa
totally agree. it makes the specific thing u want to know very difficult 2 find out. i would never post in the stickied thread. and if they lock this one, then they're officially a-holes

they will lock it, I made a similar post and didn't even call them a-holes and it got locked. Very beaurocratic. Maybe CNET has made them not be more professional and less fun. I find I check this site less and less this past year. That's after it being my number one site for 10 years.

Dub_c6969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dub_c6969
Member since 2004 • 6014 Posts

[QUOTE="stealth360snipa"][QUOTE="ag3ntz3rox0x"]none wants a stickied gta thread. it makes what you need hlp with very hard to find so stop locking the threads. jesusmistablair

they will lock it, I made a similar post and didn't even call them a-holes and it got locked. Very beaurocratic. Maybe CNET has made them not be more professional and less fun. I find I check this site less and less this past year. That's after it being my number one site for 10 years.

Same here
mistablair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 mistablair

There is a whole board you can go to on this site that you can get answers from if you don't want to look through the sticky you know. This is not the only place to get info from. Not only that even with the locking there are still way to many GTA topics. Most of the time it is the same question over and over again.

LRP85

Why have a 360 games board if you aren't to discuss 360 games?

I saw someone make a post about madden, shouldn't that be in the madden board and that be locked?

LRP85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 LRP85
Member since 2007 • 3094 Posts
[QUOTE="LRP85"]

mistablair

Why have a 360 games board if you aren't to discuss 360 games?

I saw someone make a post about madden, shouldn't that be in the madden board and that be locked?

Two days ago there was more GTA threads than anything else. They were also the same thing over and over again. That is why they did what they did. You should be able to discuss more than just GTA on the 360 board.

GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts
It is actually really hard to surf through a 10+ page thread to find the answer to the question you want. I agree, the mods should stop locking GTA IV threads. They will subside eventually, these posts do not incite anarchy. The mods can calm their trigger happy fingers for a bit.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
There's a GTA4 board, and until things slow down, the sticky is a necessary evil. That's just how it is, regardless of how old you think we are.