Stop asking for a "Cover System" in GRAW 2 MP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

EarthShakeNews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EarthShakeNews
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
Why should there be a cover system?

I don't want some tacked on press A or Hold L-Trigger noob friendly camping cover device in my MP.

You want cover so badly use the cover system which is already in place.

in which you face the wall and angle out a little either side or crouch down behind something and shoot.

I do not want a system of cover that forces me to have my back against a wall when I am supposed to be taking cover and firing shots if I want at the same time.

Here is the thing.
A cover system does not allow me to Fire Shots and stay in cover at the same time.

I always have to pop out and take shots at a person.

Without a cover system I can just stay crouch facing the wall or low wall, also taking cover and firing my M4 carbine at people that Moan about teh Cover system

And how much good would a "cover system" do you in the very big and open environments of GRAW 2 MP?

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
R6V is my opinion is way better than GRAW because of a cover system, its much better gameplay and better for tactics in my opinion. I also thought GRAW was just plain dumb to not have a cover system online.
EarthShakeNews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 EarthShakeNews
R6V is my opinion is way better than GRAW because of a cover system, its much better gameplay and better for tactics in my opinion. I also thought GRAW was just plain dumb to not have a cover system online.V4LENT1NE
Because you keep dying without the cover system to protect the new players?
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 V4LENT1NE
[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]R6V is my opinion is way better than GRAW because of a cover system, its much better gameplay and better for tactics in my opinion. I also thought GRAW was just plain dumb to not have a cover system online.EarthShakeNews

You make it sound like cover is cheap, its all opinion, but when it wasnt fleshed out in GRAW's multiplayer I thought it let the game down.
Creeping_Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Creeping_Wolf
Member since 2006 • 3399 Posts

[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"]R6V is my opinion is way better than GRAW because of a cover system, its much better gameplay and better for tactics in my opinion. I also thought GRAW was just plain dumb to not have a cover system online.EarthShakeNews

Wow.  You're obviously not here for anything more than hostility.

III-Rob-III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 III-Rob-III
Member since 2007 • 827 Posts
Theres should be a cover system, just think from a real life perspective, Graw is supposed to be realistic right? then why is is that the player is allergic to walls? it doesnt make sence to me.
JohnWinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JohnWinger
Member since 2007 • 1903 Posts

R6V is my opinion is way better than GRAW because of a cover system, its much better gameplay and better for tactics in my opinion. I also thought GRAW was just plain dumb to not have a cover system online.V4LENT1NE

I agree. Its more realistic...

ghstbstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 ghstbstr
Member since 2006 • 8790 Posts
Why should there be a cover system?

I don't want some tacked on press A or Hold L-Trigger noob friendly camping cover device in my MP.

in which you face the wall and angle out a little either side or crouch down behind something and shoot.

I do not want a system of cover that forces me to have my back against a wall when I am supposed to be taking cover and firing shots if I want at the same time.

Here is the thing.
A cover system does not allow me to Fire Shots and stay in cover at the same time.

Without a cover system I can just stay crouch facing the wall or low wall, also taking cover and firing my M4 carbine at people that Moan about teh Cover system

And how much good would a "cover system" do you in the very big and open environments of GRAW 2 MP?

EarthShakeNews

I think that the real reason why you do not want a cover system in GRAW 2 MP is because either you can't kill anyone if there is a cover system or it makes it harder for you to kill anyone if there is a cover system and that is because the only way that you can kill anyone without getting frustrated is if they are out in the open.
And you know that is the real reason and that I am right.

LuigiLogik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 LuigiLogik
Member since 2005 • 1320 Posts
i found that i lasted longer without using the cover system cause campers could always tell were your head is gonna be when you pop out and usually kill you before you fire a single shot ...
EarthShakeNews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 EarthShakeNews
[QUOTE="EarthShakeNews"]Why should there be a cover system?

Here is the thing.

ghstbstr

I think that the real reason why you do not want a cover system in GRAW 2 MP is because either you can't kill anyone if there is a cover system or it makes it harder for you to kill anyone if there is a cover system and that is because the only way that you can kill anyone without getting frustrated is if they are out in the open.

What is wrong with the current Cover system already in place? Absolutely nothing. There are less options and freedom of movement when everyone is forced into a "Cover system".

There is a difference I don't die when I take cover using the leaning method.
armenti8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 armenti8
Member since 2003 • 306 Posts

whenever i play a shooter now, i always seem to anticipate the cover system, even when it's not there. it just seems so naturally that when getting shot at, you take cover behind an object. i think GRAW 2 should have Vegas style cover. In fact, all shooters these days should have some kind of cover system. It just seems so "fake" when you approach a wall and just stare at it.

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 V4LENT1NE
[QUOTE="ghstbstr"][QUOTE="EarthShakeNews"]Why should there be a cover system?

Here is the thing.

EarthShakeNews

What is wrong with the current Cover system already in place? Absolutely nothing. There are less options and freedom of movement when everyone is forced into a "Cover system".

So you dont want a cover system because you will die more.............then just practice or something, whats realistic about standing behind of a rock and seeing in front of it like you could in GRAW, it was a little unfair on the people who couldnt see you, a cover system would likely just make it more balanced like in R6V.

EarthShakeNews

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EarthShakeNews
[QUOTE="EarthShakeNews"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"][QUOTE="EarthShakeNews"]Why should there be a cover system?

Here is the thing.

V4LENT1NE

So you dont want a cover system because you will die more.............then just practice or something, whats realistic about standing behind of a rock and seeing in front of it like you could in GRAW, it was a little unfair on the people who couldnt see you, a cover system would likely just make it more balanced like in R6V.

What are you talking about? the cover System in R6 " You can't see the person behind cover at all. And I meant that " A cover system would make for Stale Gameplay.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 V4LENT1NE
[QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"][QUOTE="EarthShakeNews"][QUOTE="ghstbstr"][QUOTE="EarthShakeNews"]Why should there be a cover system?

Here is the thing.

EarthShakeNews

What are you talking about? the cover System in R6 " You can't see the person behind cover at all. And I meant that " A cover system would make for Stale Gameplay.

I am pretty sure you can see people behind cover in R6V, guns and legs sticking out etc. But your point is obviously not that great if you have to make 3 threads about it.....
K1LLR3175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15 K1LLR3175
Member since 2006 • 12734 Posts
I think a cover system for any game were bullets are flying at you is needed in some cases.