Starting to play Gears of War.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for EasyNormalHard1
EasyNormalHard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 EasyNormalHard1
Member since 2010 • 203 Posts

Man I died like 20 times already its freakin hard and I am playing it on causal. I am at the part where the Birds or Bats are flying around at me trying to kill me when I step in the shadows. This game is great but it takes some getting use to with the duck and cover system. More use to playing those types of games where you run and gun a big change of pace for me gotta get use to it. Wonder why I waited so long to start playing it I knew it would be good and its not disappointing me. The A.I. in this game is smart as hell there ducking, grabbing good cover spots, good positions, and running at me well thats not so smart but the rest is. Gotta get use to the Xbox controller still with learning the buttons I still catch myself looking down to find X from time to time. Just figured out how to change weapons so I can throw a damn grenade at them. Had to take a break from dying over and over again lol thats no fun but i can't remember a game thats done that to me in a hot minute.

Sophia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sophia
Member since 2003 • 567 Posts

The first Gears is a bit harder, and they toned down the difficulty in casual for the second. It's a lot of fun though, if you can, have a friend play with you coop! It makes it much easier and more entertaining I think :)

mrgrins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 mrgrins
Member since 2004 • 179 Posts

The cover system takes some getting used to, but once you get the hang of it epicness ensues. Co-op split screen makes the game soo much more fun.

Gamefreak1296

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gamefreak1296
Member since 2005 • 1670 Posts

If you think you die alot offline wait until you get online... Lol

RapidTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RapidTurtle
Member since 2010 • 344 Posts

I thought the first one was much better than the second. A lot more variety in gamplay.

DJ_Magneto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DJ_Magneto
Member since 2008 • 4675 Posts
Hey, better late than never. And yes, without utilizing cover, you won't get too far in Gears. That's the base gameplay element for the series. It's a much more deliberate style of shooter IMO than most of your run and gun FPS's. Once you start getting used to slipping in and out of cover spots it becomes second nature.
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
[QUOTE="EasyNormalHard1"]

Man I died like 20 times already its freakin hard and I am playing it on causal. I am at the part where the Birds or Bats are flying around at me trying to kill me when I step in the shadows. This game is great but it takes some getting use to with the duck and cover system. More use to playing those types of games where you run and gun a big change of pace for me gotta get use to it. Wonder why I waited so long to start playing it I knew it would be good and its not disappointing me. The A.I. in this game is smart as hell there ducking, grabbing good cover spots, good positions, and running at me well thats not so smart but the rest is. Gotta get use to the Xbox controller still with learning the buttons I still catch myself looking down to find X from time to time. Just figured out how to change weapons so I can throw a damn grenade at them. Had to take a break from dying over and over again lol thats no fun but i can't remember a game thats done that to me in a hot minute.

my gt is davidguitar15 if u wanna play
Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

gears is a great game keep trying the only way to learn how to play gears is to die

Avatar image for Victors_Valiant
Victors_Valiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Victors_Valiant
Member since 2010 • 398 Posts
Gears of War is an awesome game, but yes it does take some getting used to. Once you have the cover system down and understand the flow of the enemy, you should be fine. Playing co-op is fun but so is just playing single player.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I beat it with a friend and the bat part was my least favorite part of the game. Just keep at it because once you get used to it the game should be extremely easy on casual.
EasyNormalHard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 EasyNormalHard1

Yeah I turned it on again got past the birds now am in the rain and the Thunder. The Thunder is crazy good lighting up the screen in the beginning. I am playing this game with all the lights out kinda freaky lol.

EasyNormalHard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EasyNormalHard1

[QUOTE="EasyNormalHard1"]

Xbox360Gamer15

my gt is davidguitar15 if u wanna play

I will do that once i get a headset im definitely taking this online and playing. I don't want to play online yet without a headset and not be able to talk kinda don't want to cheat myself out of anything.

EasyNormalHard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 EasyNormalHard1

I'm gonna stop at this part for now where the guy fell through the floor. Going to go get my Emeril on in the kitchen didn't eat anything all day. Going to go twist up first;).

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#14 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

My GT is Phantom MP7 if you want to play with me also.

nixxl15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 nixxl15
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts

Gears of War is one of the biggest gaming achievements Epic Games made in their production history. Amazing game, but kinda short. If you wanna play Gears of War 2, add me- GT: ChikaNiky

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts

The first Gears is a bit harder, and they toned down the difficulty in casual for the second. It's a lot of fun though, if you can, have a friend play with you coop! It makes it much easier and more entertaining I think :)

Sophia
Do you mean in general or just on the easier difficulties? I find Gears 1 to be pretty easy (even on Insane difficulty) but on Gears 2 I find Insane to be, well... insanely hard! LOL but that's just me :P. Also, yes, Gears is a fantastic series, glad you're enjoying it :D.
max-Emadness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 max-Emadness
Member since 2009 • 1781 Posts

always use cover. Pop out of cover to take a cuple of shots then pop back down. Always use perfect reloads and move from cover to cover. If u play with a friend it should make it easier as they can revive u and vice versa

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#18 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
You must be at the part with the Kryll. Be sure to stay in the light; there's lots of propane cans scattered around that you can shoot for more light.
reachrocksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 reachrocksman
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts
I miss playing geras, might pop it in.
reachrocksman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 reachrocksman
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts
I miss playing geras, might pop it in.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

What's the best way to see how good your connection is in Gears? (Whether you have bad internet or just plain suck)

SullenCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SullenCarnage
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I think the best way to test connection is by seeing how often you get host. Play with teams. Trust me, going solo is hard without a buddie.
Tsuyoi94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Tsuyoi94
Member since 2010 • 239 Posts

Last night I got my hands on gears 1 for the first time .. the game is quite nice .. abit more challenging than 2 because the system is abit harder to use but the AI are pretty much the same .. graphic wise .. it's a joke next to gow2 but still pretty advanced .. I bet you posted this after playing for 10 minutes cause once you handle the cover system and you figure how to aim right it's pretty easy .. atleast on normal / hardcore mode ..

Most annoying thing is , NO ONE IS ON THE MULTIPLAYER -.- ! and like 2/3 of the achievements are based on multiplayer :( .. If you'd like add me on your list :

Tsuyoi94 . ohh and just try and get better while playing through the campaign ;] .

alvin201

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#24 alvin201
Member since 2007 • 457 Posts

Gamefreak1296
Lol I remember when I first played online for GoW1... I think I died at least 30 times before I got a kill. Lol
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#25 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
Those bat thing(the kryll) can't pass through lit area. In that level, just run for lit up areas and if there are none then there will be propane tanks near by to shoot that will light the way. Just look around carefully.
SullenCarnage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SullenCarnage
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
If any one has trouble with the multiplayer then i wouldn't mind showing the wall-bouncing to someone. If your really behing on the gameplay though i can't show you. My gt is Su1LYNnC4rN4G3.
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts

Gamefreak1296
yea. especially now, the only people who play Gears online are the ones who've had it since it was released. They're extremely good.
EasyNormalHard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 EasyNormalHard1

I am now at Fenix's house trying to go through the backyard before the Giant Godzilla comes. Died like three times trying to kill everyone so I'm just gonna kill half of them and run past them if it lets me do that. I got the hang of the controls now and I found a way to run and gun a little bit now without dying. My favorite weapon so far is the bow with the exploding arrows love using that. Reminded me of Rambo when I use it. I just need the bandanna and that knife lol. Chainsaw is tied for my second favorite weapon with the gun you get from the guys that says BOOM! lol then you duck like hell. About to start it up after I go do some things right quick. One of them is the dishes probably why I'm stalling so much and the other thing is half finished and about to smoke or I mean finish the rest of it in the bathroom with the air vent on.;)Love my room down in the basement and when no ones home. Then its game time! (Oh and thats cigarettes of course;))

Oh and later this week if anyone cares I'm gonna go blow my 50 bills I got on some more games I decided to forget about Live and the headset mic for now. I'm gonna get my games up first then I'll worry about it. Gonna be picking up ff13 $20, left4dead $10, Halo 3 $10, Assassin's Creed $10, and Infinite Undiscovery $9. Got a 16% off code and a free shipping code so i'm lookin at $53.64 for it all tax included from gamestop. Not to bad for these used games. Takes 5-10 days to get here or some crap like that. Might switch one of them games for Gears of War 2 because its $10 now used but i don't know. I wanna try Assassin's Creed out and that would be the game to go.

BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

if your complaining about the single player. come back and let us know how the online multiplayer experience is , lol

PurpleHaze89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 PurpleHaze89
Member since 2008 • 807 Posts

I am now at Fenix's house trying to go through the backyard before the Giant Godzilla comes. Died like three times trying to kill everyone so I'm just gonna kill half of them and run past them if it lets me do that. I got the hang of the controls now and I found a way to run and gun a little bit now without dying. My favorite weapon so far is the bow with the exploding arrows love using that. Reminded me of Rambo when I use it. I just need the bandanna and that knife lol. Chainsaw is tied for my second favorite weapon with the gun you get from the guys that says BOOM! lol then you duck like hell. About to start it up after I go do some things right quick. One of them is the dishes probably why I'm stalling so much and the other thing is half finished and about to smoke or I mean finish the rest of it in the bathroom with the air vent on.;)Love my room down in the basement and when no ones home. Then its game time! (Oh and thats cigarettes of course;))

Oh and later this week if anyone cares I'm gonna go blow my 50 bills I got on some more games I decided to forget about Live and the headset mic for now. I'm gonna get my games up first then I'll worry about it. Gonna be picking up ff13 $20, left4dead $10, Halo 3 $10, Assassin's Creed $10, and Infinite Undiscovery $9. Got a 16% off code and a free shipping code so i'm lookin at $53.64 for it all tax included from gamestop. Not to bad for these used games. Takes 5-10 days to get here or some crap like that. Might switch one of them games for Gears of War 2 because its $10 now used but i don't know. I wanna try Assassin's Creed out and that would be the game to go.

EasyNormalHard1

Gears of War 1 was amazing yep, really awesome game too bad i dont have it anymore. Planing to buy the Second soon but kinda crappy that i have to import it, well w/e ;P I don't recommend Assassins Creed and Infinite Undiscovery. AC was really repetive, you basicly repeat the first mission a couple of times and bam u're finished. Infinite Undiscovery, i don't know i just felt it was plain bad. And i actually love JRPGS. Maybe you should look for a Demo first before purchasing them. Have fun with your 360, great machine mate

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
Too bad you can't slide glitch anymore... Those where the days.
EasyNormalHard1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 EasyNormalHard1

YAH!!!! I beat it!!!! Really short game WHY ONLY 5 STAGES?!? :cry:!!! Beat Raam in the first try thats whats up.

NEXT GAME!!! EITHER FABLE 2 BLUE DRAGON KAMEO OR FINISH OFF ENCHANTED ARMS!!!

Time to start a new thread. Gonna be called......A TALE OF FABLES 2!!! OR BLUE BALLS DRAGON lol OR MAKING AN APPEARANCE KAMEO. Yeah yeah I know a epic fail titles so what.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Last question... is the shotgun supposed to be as powerful in multiplayer as it is in singleplayer?

BackOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 BackOn
Member since 2010 • 94 Posts

gears of war is absolutely hard but fun

but geow's multi is not cool :(

Tsuyoi94

Forum Posts