Star wars the force unleashed II??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bleacher6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bleacher6
Member since 2010 • 332 Posts

Is it any good? I heard it was way too short and that the combat was sorta boring but ive been wanting a good star wars game to play forever now lol please post opinions, thanks!

Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts
great game. do not fear.
nottu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nottu
Member since 2010 • 951 Posts
Long boring boss fights, repetitive easy combat, extremely poor story, but don't worry it's only 5hrs long so you don't have to suffer too long
Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

This topic is gonna be locked, but in the future please use the game recommendation sticky thread.

Also in my opinion yeah I guess it looks great.

hbk7137

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#5 hbk7137
Member since 2009 • 229 Posts
Long boring boss fights, repetitive easy combat, extremely poor story, but don't worry it's only 5hrs long so you don't have to suffer too longnottu
This seems to be the consensus. Do some research before you buy; i'd recommend a rental if you really have to play it.
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts

Is it any good? I heard it was way too short and that the combat was sorta boring but ive been wanting a good star wars game to play forever now lol please post opinions, thanks!

bleacher6
i played the demo and it was fun....get the game
Stevo7991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Stevo7991
Member since 2010 • 1319 Posts

[QUOTE="bleacher6"]

Xbox360Gamer15

i played the demo and it was fun....get the game

Is there a demo for PC?

MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#8 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

Star Wars is good. I picked it up yesterday. The gameplay is solid and the graphics are awesome.

Heroes_Die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Heroes_Die
Member since 2010 • 59 Posts

From what I heard from a couple reviewers is what's been said previously.

-pretty niceish graphics/art direction

-very repetitive gameplay

-strange range of difficulty

-incredible horrific/awkward storyline

Really, it's fine if all you want is a button masher that has Star Wars faces in it. Other than that, I'd really recommend you stear clear, especially at that price. I wish Lucas could get a smack from his fans. It's time someone told him people won't buy crap just because he puts the words Star Wars on it!

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts
Long boring boss fights, repetitive easy combat, extremely poor story, but don't worry it's only 5hrs long so you don't have to suffer too longnottu
this , the game is like that
Avatar image for Roland123_basic
Roland123_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Roland123_basic
Member since 2002 • 3841 Posts
[QUOTE="nottu"]Long boring boss fights, repetitive easy combat, extremely poor story, but don't worry it's only 5hrs long so you don't have to suffer too longnarog84
this , the game is like that

no... it isnt.
wwervin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 wwervin
Member since 2003 • 10274 Posts
I would rent it to be safe. If it really is as short as most people claim, you should be able to enjoy it plenty within the week that you have it. Most people who complain about this game are the ones who bought it at 60$ and beat it as fast as possible. Rent it and enjoy it knowing you didn't spend too much on it.
kyletoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kyletoker
Member since 2007 • 483 Posts

good game but yes it is short, i just rented it you'll have more than enough time to beat it

chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#14 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

too many "opinions" based off reviews...which are others opinions

Me, i love it...enjoying it more than the first game...which i also loved. And just like this game, the first one got ripped apart for almost the exact same complaints.

you could either be like the majority on forums and base conclusions off of reviews...or you can rent and play it yourself.

jjivey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 jjivey
Member since 2010 • 1354 Posts

I completed a few levels last night and i felt a total letdown. Its fun but it sure feels crappy. Some stuff looks good, and some stuff like the stormtroopers just look like crud. Has a nice combo system, but im playing on hard and you don't get many chances to use them due to if your not blocking you get mowed down. I just mind trick everything or grapple up close. It feels boring to do this though.

I got to agree with the bad side of this. The game is really blah all round. Minus the flashy moments ive seen so far it just doesn't seem to spark much interest.

Totally agree with Kevin's 6 (even if his review was annoying).

EDIT :

As of last night ive come very close to the end of the game and this game blows in comparison to the first game. Also the enemies just look so bad. And did anyone pay attention that horrible first boss fight? Which is 1 of 3 i might add. Even the second one just felt like the real boss fight was trying to not get grabbed by those small spiders.

Playing on hard and its insanely too easy. The combat is crap. The graphics are good in places but suck in most. The story has no story. Wow i just can't believe Lucas Arts would knowingly do this.

skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

I've noticed that people who've actually played it seem to enjoy it a lot and recommend it, and most of the people slating it are just rallying off a bunch of reviews. Play a demo and if you like it, great, if not, skip.

Saberhearts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 Saberhearts
Member since 2010 • 128 Posts

Yeah, Just played the demo. You can do some awesome sick stuff. I Would get NO.1 Before though because picking it up from no. 2 is quite hard.

EzcapeTheFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EzcapeTheFate
Member since 2010 • 1063 Posts
I played the demo, combat seems repetitive IMO.
Reach-The-Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Reach-The-Myth
Member since 2010 • 453 Posts

Why don't you try the first one, as it will be cheaper, with very similar gameplay - AND a fantastic storyline - imo
Then decide if Force Unleashed II is worth getting... Also I'd recommend the first, so you have the background to the characters :D

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

My friend got the game and said it was really fun and I plan on getting it used when it is lower and I have the money.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#21 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

The gameplay is improved for the most part but the enemies are repetitive, the story isn't good, the two Jedi are no longer likable, there is no reason for Boba Fett and Yoda to be in the story, the game is very short, it's easy, the three boss fights aren't much fun, the locations you go to are Kamino, another planet, a ship, and Kamino so it has poor variety. The first game was a decent start and this could have been better if they were actually trying.

I'll say what I did when the first game came out, rent it, if you want a much better Jedi game then buy Jedi Outcast. With the games length there is no reason to buy this over renting it unless you just want to collect Star Wars games.

Yeah, Just played the demo. You can do some awesome sick stuff.

That's true, the problem is it's the same awesome stuff you could do in the first game and you will be doing that stuff over and over and over again throughout the game and it starts to lose its appeal.

julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts

bleacher6
Its not too short IMO. It took me 8.5 hours to complete on medium difficulty. Thats about what I would expect from an action game of this sort. The only part of the game I didn't really enjoy was the second level, but I let my brother borrow it and when I came by he seemed to like it.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#23 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

My only complaint about the game is that it's really short. Which makes me hope that Lucasarts is planning some DLC.

indongga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#24 indongga
Member since 2003 • 10329 Posts
i made a thread a few days ago right after its release because i beat it in 3 hours.
Blackhawk692

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Blackhawk692
Member since 2005 • 1306 Posts

It is a good game, with actually a pretty good story. The only major issue with the story is the introduced a lot of characters and never had time to develope them. It just felt like an intro, even the ending would make you seem like the actual adventure is just started. Boba does actually have a crutial role in the over arcing story involving the game, but never huge and mostly off screen. Yes, yoda, even though well done, is just a joke. The gameplay actually is tons better, but there are no jawas to punt and there is no level close to the awesome that is Raxis Prime. My huge issue with the game is ,according to raptr, I have 6 hours of play time and I already beat the game on the second hardest difficulty and I'm about 1/3 the way on the hardest difficulty. Really hope that helps you guys

Flamingpostman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 Flamingpostman
Member since 2006 • 1172 Posts

yeah i heard the game was very repetitive but it was a good game i would rent it or somthing

hammerofcrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hammerofcrom
Member since 2009 • 1323 Posts

honestly, if you haven't played the first save yourself $40 and buy the first one over the second one.

I didn't find combat to improved at all (dismemberement was added, which doesn't affect gameplay, neither does a second lightsaber) in fact, aside from the positive cosmetic touches, I found it lacking compared to the first. seems like it was a more unpredictable button mashing affair than the first with it's button timed combo's.

gobs of quick time events (yeah yeah, first one had a bunch too, but at least the animations going with them were cool. not so much this time around).

less level variation, less enemies and less interesting bosses.

plus sides were the aforementioned cosmetic touches, overall slicker graphics, shorter load times, hacking stormtroopers apart is always fun and it seemed there were much more TO hack apart this time around.