Star Wars: The Force Unleashed Glitches Galore and Lock-ups!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hhelljack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 hhelljack
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I can't believe all the glitches in this otherwise astonishing game! This game is a lot of fun. I haven't had this much fun since the original Battlefront was released. But the glitches are hindering my gameplay and it is actually locking up my 360. I've thrown Shaak Ti into the ground so only her feet are visible and she can't get up so I had to restart the battle. I've seen Shadow Troopers disappear only to reappear stuck waist-deep in the floor not being able to move until I Force-Grip them into the air. There are all kinds of delays in moves and combos and sometimes awards or combo text appear on the screen well after the battle is over. The game doesn't react well to the controller (I have to push buttons several times to get the character to do what I want him to do). It's locked up twice in two days on the same level; the part where you have to overload the accelerator towers on the "Destroy The Orbital Shipyard" level. Is anyone else experiencing lock-ups? What can I do about this problem? Do I keep the game and wait for downloads to fix the glitches or do I return the game and hope that Lucasarts does better next time? This is very disappointing!
warioman69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 warioman69
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

I've expierenced the movie freezes, but the wierdest glitch happened when I reached imperial felucia. My mission objectives screen says *default text where it should say free the sarlacc, it won't accumulate force points it said 0/350,000 force points but i still got a level up on imperial felucia, and I got all 15 holocrons and have the rewards to prove it, but it says 0/15 holocrons on my mission objectives screen. it did the same on imperial raxus, but all the levels before imperial felucia work fine and i completed all the bonus objectives. can I fix this glitch or is my game screwed up can someone plz help.

67gt500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 67gt500
Member since 2003 • 4627 Posts
I have logged about 7 hours playing this game over the last 3 days without a single problem... maybe I've just been lucky with it, but, so far, I just haven't experienced any of the anomalies that some people are talking about...
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#4 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
I haven't had ANY problems with the game! it's great! :D
legendaryryanj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 legendaryryanj
Member since 2008 • 104 Posts
I have expirienced a few problems with mine. Once it froze, and on the second time threw Felucia it gave some wierd text in place of the side objectives on the menu. Besides that, no real issues. You might as well hang onto it. It is a great game, and I'd be very surprised if they don't put a patch out for it in the near future. Hang in there friend.
legend232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 legend232
Member since 2005 • 122 Posts

I had problems with the battle of shak ti, i would throw her and she would just disappear....or sometimes iwould disappear.

I am also having a lot of a problems on that orbital shipyard level. It keeps freezing up on me. Im getting to the point where im ignoring guys so that i can just finish the mission so that it doesnt lock up on me.

thenathmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thenathmeister
Member since 2007 • 245 Posts

ive had some audio problems like when i throw my lightsabre and on the way back it hits something and then i can still hear the sabre spinning even though its securly in my hands, after a cutscene, it goes

also when i get an achievment the gameplay stops for about 0.5 - 1 secs, nothing major, but sometimes it can be become a bit annoying

Jabbawocky04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 120

#8 Jabbawocky04
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts

Yeah I keep getting locked up just before bringing down the Star Destroyer too, when you have to overload the whatever the hell it was. My solution first was to clean the disc, but I wasn't willing to give that a chance so I just completed the section extremely fast before it could lock up, so I just dodge all the troopers and when for the power things.

Another problem I have is that the last two levels the objective screens show my Secondary objective to be "* Default Text", the force points and holocrons to be 0 no matter what I do (but I still actually get the points it just doesn't show).

DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
The only glitch i had that affected gameplay was on the level where after you kill everyone outside then the ship opens up to continue the level. Well one guy got stuck inside the mountain, and even though i could hear him, i couldnt see him. And since i couldnt kill him, i couldnt go any further. Thank goodness the games got a good checkpoint system.
b_davidovitch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 b_davidovitch
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
i have had the most glitches i've seen in a "this gen" game. key items for level advancement won't target for gripping or whatever you've got to do to them, forcing you to start over. "default text" appearing in objective boxes. during the big battle of the last level, the boss (you know who) freezes at the halfway point and cannot be hurt, much less move. i stopped earning force points and holocrons on the last two levels, though i suspect it is still tracking them. i mysteriously lost a costume i found after wearing it, had to go back and get it again (now it's permanent, just as mysteriously). i also really love spending twenty minutes to do some crazy jump move in order to get what turns out to be a combo sphere, when i am already maxed out on combos with 5 extra points just sitting there as it is (obviously not a glitch, but a design gripe). i like the core gameplay, but this game has just about failed me for the last time. did they need another couple of months on this one? my copy is going right back to gamestop.
alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 alstevens83
Member since 2008 • 1462 Posts

So far I have been playing the game and I haven't noticed any Glitches or lock-ups, however I have been enjoying playing the crap out of this game.

And now I am using a blue light saber as well :)

ethanpaige

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 ethanpaige
Member since 2005 • 13100 Posts
I haven't experiences any glitches or bugs or anything. It's run just fine for me, and I love it
elmafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 elmafia
Member since 2003 • 1490 Posts

I've expierenced the movie freezes, but the wierdest glitch happened when I reached imperial felucia. My mission objectives screen says *default text where it should say free the sarlacc, it won't accumulate force points it said 0/350,000 force points but i still got a level up on imperial felucia, and I got all 15 holocrons and have the rewards to prove it, but it says 0/15 holocrons on my mission objectives screen. it did the same on imperial raxus, but all the levels before imperial felucia work fine and i completed all the bonus objectives. can I fix this glitch or is my game screwed up can someone plz help.

warioman69

exact same things happend to me on the last two levels. I had no idea what my second objectives where.

tony2077ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tony2077ca
Member since 2005 • 5242 Posts
glitches and lockups never had any
scottlillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 scottlillie
Member since 2007 • 39 Posts
Yeah I stopped earning all bonus objectives after the third level. No Objective bonuses, no holocrons, no point scoring system. laame
job1972games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 job1972games
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
My game is freezing up on Felucia . When I go to enter the elevator after after freeing all the sarlacc tentacles and stabilizing the 3 generators my game completely freezes and I cannot proceed.Quite annoying seeing I have made this far in the game and can't proceed any further.
Sapphere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sapphere
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
How old is your X360 if it's an older model then you would want to buy a newer version, Otherwise if you don't want to finish the game don't buy sniznit.
woodpoosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 woodpoosher
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I had the same problem! The elevator won't let me proceed to the next level. And I JUST bought a 360 ELITE in september. I'm not happy because this game rocks. It's captured the force so well, I'd kinda like to play it. I also tried switching the disks. I traded for another one and I STILL have the same problem. Should I get my 360 checked?
tnargus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tnargus
Member since 2008 • 475 Posts
Nup no problems for me. Except the game wasn't that great.
jedijoshy32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 jedijoshy32
Member since 2006 • 30 Posts
i love this game i would love it even more if it didnt freeze on me when i throw my saber or fighting with a boss
Sifsclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sifsclub
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
have you found a solution to the second one?
mojaveman223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mojaveman223
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
well for me i started a new profile and when i went on i skiped through the video and now it stops and now all i can do is look around but if i moved up the left stick it would go untill i got to another video and even if i did what i did before it wouldent work sombody help me undo it