This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for mikeysickalrigh
mikeysickalrigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mikeysickalrigh
Member since 2010 • 45 Posts

Super street fighter 4 gets the same rating as street fighter 4? So it's no better? Is it just adding players, should it have been DLC? Do you feel short changed?

JPH85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 JPH85
Member since 2009 • 284 Posts

Your title should be SSFIV vs SFIV. :P

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Super street fighter 4 gets the same rating as street fighter 4? So it's no better? Is it just adding players, should it have been DLC? Do you feel short changed?

mikeysickalrigh

The game is completely changed, there's no way it could have been DLC

There's much more done with the game besides adding characters

LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LittleEnid
Member since 2009 • 552 Posts

mikeysickalrigh

It's basically the same price as an expansion pack, and that's what it seems to basically be: an extension of the original.

LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LittleEnid

Just because it got the same rating doesn't mean it's not better. Standards change, you do know that right? I doubt it, you don't even know your roman numerals.RobEspi

I heard insulting someone's intelligence is cool now.

RobEspi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RobEspi
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts

[QUOTE="RobEspi"]Just because it got the same rating doesn't mean it's not better. Standards change, you do know that right? I doubt it, you don't even know your roman numerals.LittleEnid

Srsly? I heard being sarcastic on the internet is cool now.
LittleEnid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LittleEnid

[QUOTE="LittleEnid"]

[QUOTE="RobEspi"]Just because it got the same rating doesn't mean it's not better. Standards change, you do know that right? I doubt it, you don't even know your roman numerals.RobEspi

Srsly? I heard being sarcastic on the internet is cool now.

The OP asked an honest question and you were a complete jerk about it.

I'm calling you out on it.

Sorry if that upsets you.

RipaX21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 RipaX21
Member since 2005 • 1675 Posts

If it was the same exact game as Street Fighter IV they would have scored it lower, but a 9.0 signifies that it did a good job as an expansion. I haven't played it yet, but from what I understand (aside from 10 new characters) is that they rebalanced all the characters, added a few new multiplayer modes, new challenges, and every character now has 2 ultra combos. If you ask me, for $40 (and you can find it for $35 online) it's a good deal.

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

SSFIV has alot done and feels nice, but its hard to say its better overall so early. adding stuff can make a game better, but sometimes it can make the overall [product muffled.

Avatar image for mikeysickalrigh
mikeysickalrigh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mikeysickalrigh
Member since 2010 • 45 Posts

I saw it today, didn't realise that it was so cheap! Kind of makes sense now.

And RobEspi, I am really quite sorry about getting it wrong, sorry to have ruined your day, or are you always a p****d off? I realise that standards change but it hasn't been a long time since *SFIV*(Better RobEspi?) was realesed.

TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
Nope...definitely worth my 40 bucks
RobEspi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RobEspi
Member since 2010 • 37 Posts
The OP asked an honest question and you were a complete jerk about it. I'm calling you out on it. Sorry if that upsets you.LittleEnid

I saw it today, didn't realise that it was so cheap! Kind of makes sense now.

And RobEspi, I am really quite sorry about getting it wrong, sorry to have ruined your day, or are you always a p****d off? I realise that standards change but it hasn't been a long time since *SFIV*(Better RobEspi?) was realesed.

mikeysickalrigh
:lol: Yeah, go ahead and flatter yourselves that you made me upset. Boy! I was so angry last night! I no longer have any walls thanks to you guys. I was Hulk Smashing my walls all night long due to how angry you guys made me. It's a stupid question that's been discussed since SSFIV was announced. You should've just searched SSFIV on the forums if you wanted an answer because this is clearly just a "lulz it's not even better than SFIV, good job paying $40 for the same game again!" and don't act like it's not. Your entire OP implies it.
TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
anyone who thinks this should have been DLC has no idea what they're talking about
Sherjas24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Sherjas24
Member since 2007 • 665 Posts
anyone who thinks this should have been DLC has no idea what they're talking aboutTrapMuzik92
Agreed because the game does feel more balanced than the original. In addition, the online mode is alot better and the tournament update in June will put the game over the top.
superapo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 superapo
Member since 2009 • 1714 Posts
Nope...definitely worth my 40 bucksTrapMuzik92
Have to agree, i'm having a blast using C.Viper
True_Chaos_UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 True_Chaos_UK
Member since 2010 • 2570 Posts

Definatly worth the money for the new characters and modes, I do miss player matches I know there is endless battle, but ifI want a quick one on one with no hassell that was my go to mode. It would of been nice if they kept the time trial and survival in the challenge mode too.

Capcom only giving us colours 11 and 12 for people who bought SF4 was a bit cheap, especially when costume packs are priced so very high. Thenagain for the price of an expansion it is amazing.

MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

Yea they tone down some characters and updated some of the characters and added new characters form other SF games and includes 2 new characters.

dr-bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 dr-bones
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts
I haven't played the Super edition yet, but I hoping to quite soon. The only fear that I have is playing the hell out of it, and then going to a friends house, playing the regular edition of SFIV, and thinking "This one sucks..."
EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts
i played both of them i would not say it feels like dlc it feels more like a expanshion pack, which would probley cost arouond the same amount. i would have prefered it to be a expanshion pack this way sf4 would not be reguarded as useless
Blackjaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Blackjaw
Member since 2003 • 241 Posts

When did I miss Street Fighter 5?

agentluap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 agentluap
Member since 2005 • 2254 Posts

If it was the same exact game as Street Fighter IV they would have scored it lower, but a 9.0 signifies that it did a good job as an expansion. I haven't played it yet, but from what I understand (aside from 10 new characters) is that they rebalanced all the characters, added a few new multiplayer modes, new challenges, and every character now has 2 ultra combos. If you ask me, for $40 (and you can find it for $35 online) it's a good deal.

RipaX21

Got the game yesterday, and couldn't complain about them releasing it as installment. I used to think why didn't they just release it as DLC, but now I've played it I see why, and I quoted that post as it pretty much sums up everything they have changed in the game, and why I couldn't be DLC.