Splinter Cell: Double Agent

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DanBal76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DanBal76
Member since 2003 • 1950 Posts

I love Splinter Cell games. Since the first time i played the original on the Xbox i was hooked. Although i own it since the launch, i only finished Double Agent for the 360 today. Well, for me, it's, by far, the worst SC game to date. Well, i was really annoyed that on some stages you can't rely on darkness as your best ally at all (c'mon, it's SC trademark). I really din't like the porly implemented double agent aspect of the game either; i thought the HBA headquarters missions not entertaining. I didn't find the mission maps of DA as good and exciting as the ones of previous games. I will not even talk about the bugs and frame rate problems (all SC games on the original Xbox run smother than DA on the 360). Some people say that even DA on the original Xbox is better than DA on the 360 (although they share the same name, they are different games). Well, hopefully i think conviction will be great, and make me forget about DA. Anyone was dissapointed about DA on the 360 as well?

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#2 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
The thing is, lots of people were complaining about the SC games never changing. The dev then decided to try something new. Problem with that is not everyone likes change. You can't please everyone. I liked DA. I like all the SC games. When I play any game, I judge it on its own merits. I don't compare it to the other games in the series. Obviously DA had to be different to the other games to make it work.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#3 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
I thougt pretty much the same, but I enjoyed it, as I liked the missions. I agree that the JBL parts were pretty lousy, with a few exceptions. What I didn't like about them is that you had to repeat some of the silly obstacle course business every time, and you didn't have nearly enough time to do everything the game asked of you. It was an OK game, but it's like an 8.8 in my book. The multiplayer was great at the time, though I bet few people play it anymore. I have high hopes for the new one, but worry that stealth won't be the focus... looks like shooting action is the big deal in the new one.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 donalbane
The thing is, lots of people were complaining about the SC games never changing. The dev then decided to try something new. Problem with that is not everyone likes change. You can't please everyone. I liked DA. I like all the SC games. When I play any game, I judge it on its own merits. I don't compare it to the other games in the series. Obviously DA had to be different to the other games to make it work.x-2tha-z
I think the problem is that Ubisoft Montreal only makes every other game. They made part 1 and 3... the ones fans love most. Ubi Shanghai, who normally does the multiplayer, developed part 2 and 4. That's why it wasn't good... it was handed off to a lesser branch of Ubi whose specialty lies in multiplayer. It's very similar to the way call of duty was handled until recently.
2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
i hated double agent going on all those missions where ur not spose to kill anyone!?!?!? not fun. chaos theory, is my favorite but conviction looks amazing!
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 donalbane
i hated double agent going on all those missions where ur not spose to kill anyone!?!?!? not fun. chaos theory, is my favorite but conviction looks amazing!2pac_makaveli
I love the challenge. Besides, I never kill anybody unless I'm up a creek. It's always more fun to grab and interrogate.
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 x-2tha-z
i hated double agent going on all those missions where ur not spose to kill anyone!?!?!? not fun. chaos theory, is my favorite but conviction looks amazing!2pac_makaveli
I loved Chaos Theory too. Oddly enough, Chaos Theory is the only SC I never finished. I might dig out my Xbox copy of Chaos Theory and finish it. At the very least it would be a good way to warm up for Conviction.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

I liked DA far more than Chaos Theory, plus DA had an amazing mp mode.

vp22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 vp22
Member since 2008 • 1443 Posts
well, DA was the first splinter cell game i played and i loved it, cant wait for conviction
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 x-2tha-z

well, DA was the first splinter cell game i played and i loved it, cant wait for convictionvp22

How did you manage to miss the other Splinter Cell games? Have you only just started gaming?

vp22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vp22
Member since 2008 • 1443 Posts

[QUOTE="vp22"]well, DA was the first splinter cell game i played and i loved it, cant wait for convictionx-2tha-z

How did you manage to miss the other Splinter Cell games? Have you only just started gaming?

lol. no, i played the first one at a friends house many years ago and hated it ( i was only like 11 or something) and as i got older i started getting more into games and got really hyped for DA, bought it and loved it
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts
I really enjoyed SCDA, and while I bought it because I was looking for a single player stealth game I was very pleasantly surprised with the multiplayer which was a lot of fun, both coop and versus modes.
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts

[QUOTE="vp22"]well, DA was the first splinter cell game i played and i loved it, cant wait for convictionx-2tha-z

DA was the first Splinter Cell I played,and I've been gaming since age 4.I just never thought of getting into stealth games,but when I played DA,I fell in love with it.Now I have to play the others.