Spike TV award = Crap

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ligh_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Ligh_warrior
Member since 2004 • 194 Posts

I finished the show now (thank god for Tivo) and Im proud to say that was a joke. how could you give Bioshock GOTY? I admit the game is absolutly great, and makethings even worse Give Harmonix Studio of the year? come on thats bullsh!t. Dirt Best Driver? LoL. post your opinions I am outraged LoL.

PS: I am not a fan boy I consider myself a gamer.

Vudu_Line

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Vudu_Line
Member since 2007 • 1571 Posts
Any game awards show that has a category titled "Most Addictive Game Fueled By Dew" has zero credibility. Absolute garbage. At least they got rid of the "Best Performance by a Human" category.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

I finished the show now (thank god for Tivo) and Im proud to say that was a joke. how could you give Bioshock GOTY? I admit the game is absolutly great, and makethings even worse Give Harmonix Studio of the year? come on thats bullsh!t. Dirt Best Driver? LoL. post your opinions I am outraged LoL.

Ligh_warrior

so if you think its a load of Craph, why do you even paying attention to it? and why making this thread about it? just play the games you like and dont play the games you think is crap.

kdt55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 kdt55
Member since 2004 • 2525 Posts
I have no problem with giving Bioshock GOTY or giving Dirt Driver of the year. The only other driver I can think of that may have deserved it is Forza, but that game wasn't that great either.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
DiRT was GREAT, but the online multiplyer sucked and that alone makes Forza and PGR4 better in my opinion. Bioshock was also fantasic, but these days, i dont see how a single player only game could ever win GOTY. But since i almost never agree with "award" shows, (i didnt even bother watching this year for just this reason), the fact is, both those games ARE great.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
Agreed
Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

Sadly, I did not have the misfortune of viewing the pure unadulterated crapfest known as the Spike TV Video Game awards this year.

As someone in this thread already pointed out, anything that is "fueled by dew" has zero credibility. Every year when this happens it is like an insult to the entire gaming population.

If I find it on the internet somewhere I will take a look though, just so see how much it hurt.

Josepiphus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Josepiphus
Member since 2003 • 571 Posts
I was amazed when halo 3 won best game fueled by dew. I mean what are the odds!?!?!?
jlm13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jlm13
Member since 2002 • 762 Posts

I have no problem with giving Bioshock GOTY or giving Dirt Driver of the year. The only other driver I can think of that may have deserved it is Forza, but that game wasn't that great either.kdt55
Agreed.

Plus the show part was garbage also.

Avatar image for brandonthesaint
brandonthesaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#10 brandonthesaint
Member since 2007 • 148 Posts
Seriously, who did you want to win GOTY. BioShock in opinion was the right choice, even though I love Halo, I was happy that it didn't win. I wanted the more original and creative game to win(BioShock)
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
are you used to getting what you want or something?
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts

I really liked the show, I mean the clips were funny, the performance by the Foo Fighters was refreshing (hadn't heard of them in forever), some of the previews were really good.

As for the awards, well... the painted girls were hot. I don't really care who wins, but the show was really entertaining.

warz989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 warz989
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts
It was a classless show. Just because its a video game show doesnt mean you have to make it so random from the orchestra to the girls with the painted bodies. I mean come on...
aandrew610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 aandrew610
Member since 2007 • 749 Posts
I felt like I wasted two hours watching that show, I already knew who the winners were going to be because of a link posted on the fourms, I think they hyped the previews more than they did the actual awards, and I feel like some of the awards that were given out were completely bogus, I mean Dirt for bestcar game?Come on.
nyoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 nyoe
Member since 2005 • 2527 Posts
i agreed with Bx DiRT and skate the rest i didnt care about and i really dont actually see that show as a real video game awards show i just watch it for the trailers
Gualoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gualoh
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

Any game awards show that has a category titled "Most Addictive Game Fueled By Dew" has zero credibility. Absolute garbage. At least they got rid of the "Best Performance by a Human" category. Vudu_Line

I didn't watch the show, but how many Halo 3 commercials played during it? It's all about marketing. He who has the most money (for advertising) wins.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

You didn't realize it when they named Madden GOTY last time??? :lol: I haven't played Bioshock, but I would suspect it's a definite runner-up. I think COD4 should definitely win over Halo 3 for MP addictiveness!

Edit: And DiRT definitely deserves the award that it received! DiRT is still considered a CMR game to me and I think it's awesome that a rallye game finally got some spotlight!

I always got tired of the CMR games (especially '04 AND '05) not getting any of the attention they deserved. These games were masterpieces in their own right and were also well received by critics for the tight gameplay and amazing graphics (for a racing game at the time), but got pushed to the back by Gran Turismo and Forza (which aren't even the same types of racing!!). The rain effects in CMR05 on the XBOX look better than the rain effects in PGR4!!! And that's a fact.

MyndFlyte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 MyndFlyte
Member since 2005 • 1103 Posts

Sadly, I did not have the misfortune of viewing the pure unadulterated crapfest known as the Spike TV Video Game awards this year.

Fredrick2003x

Predator was on before the awards show. Watched Predator and then changed the channel.

360player_eq12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 360player_eq12
Member since 2006 • 2214 Posts
lol i thought they shut spike t.v. down with all the quality shows they have.....csi some more csi o some more csi and some fighting......
Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

Once again they attempt to patronize us all with misconceptions about gamers. Jackson dropping the F-bomb in every sentence. Winners painted on "bootilicious" women. Categories based on soda. And generally, most everyone presenting the awards who know nothing about gaming.

Why can't they just try to have an awards show that focuses on the game industry rather than focusing on trying to stereotype the typical gamer?

Boostd4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Boostd4
Member since 2006 • 167 Posts

Once again they attempt to patronize us all with misconceptions about gamers. Jackson dropping the F-bomb in every sentence. Winners painted on "bootilicious" women. Categories based on soda. And generally, most everyone presenting the awards who know nothing about gaming.

Why can't they just try to have an awards show that focuses on the game industry rather than focusing on trying to stereotype the typical gamer?

Qixote

Well, with shows like this...think of it more of a marketing blitz more than a legitimate awards show. Honestly, whoever pays Spike TV the most...wins. Although, I think Bioshock is very deserving of GOTY...I'm sure the publishers used some marketing dollars to make sure they got that recognition.

Halo 3 winning for the Fueled by Dew award was a clear indicator of my theory...

If you want a legitimate video games award show...it will be held at the Hyatt Regency in Valencia, CA. It will be hosted by a bunch of unknown code jockeys and there will be mediocre at best women walking the awards out. LOL.

mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mikel222222
Member since 2004 • 1162 Posts
Tony hawk presented and SKATE beats his game, deservingly. If it was rigged, tony hawk game would've won
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

Tony hawk presented and SKATE beats his game, deservingly. If it was rigged, tony hawk game would've wonmikel222222

The only reason Tony Hawk has so many skaters in his game is because they're all friends of his. I'm sure that they play Skate instead, well they probably get free copies of his games so. Skate is such a better representation of the sport. For the most part.

warz989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 warz989
Member since 2006 • 1118 Posts
You know how I knew it was going to be crap, when those people from the hills walked out.
xbxjetraider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#25 xbxjetraider
Member since 2004 • 1522 Posts
[QUOTE="Ligh_warrior"]

[/QUOTE

I poated in my blog weeks ago to boycott the spike TV awards. I've been boycotting since they've ever started it.

chaoz-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 chaoz-king
Member since 2005 • 5956 Posts
Dude you read my mind. I don't know about Bioshock getting GOTY. It's a cool game. But Spike Tv, Out right sucks. I mean. When they did that Ranibowsix game preview, all they did was take some previews form the first and clip it together with some crappy lame C.S.I looking thing. And I also hate that most of the famous people on there saying, " oh thanks for this. it really pays off getting this cardboard award for all those hours I did of gaming back in the day." Uh. That show made me sick.