Sooo... my cousin wants to sell his 360 in order to buy a ps3....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thiel1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Thiel1989
Member since 2006 • 2258 Posts

He had his 360 for 4 years already (he's 13 now), he recently went to a friend of his and played on his ps3 and he finds that the graphics are much better.
(he compared modern warfare 2)

Now he wants to sell his 360 so he can buy a ps3. I bought him a year of xbl, hes got 7 months of it left. I play onhis 360 alot and i dont want him to sell it.... I dont have money to buy it from him.

How do i convince him to NOT sell it? =(

XxXCrimsonXxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 XxXCrimsonXxX
Member since 2010 • 498 Posts
This belongs in system wars.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
hes 13, i doubt he even knows what he wants
kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

He had his 360 for 4 years already (he's 13 now), he recently went to a friend of his and played on his ps3 and he finds that the graphics are much better.

Now he wants to sell his 360 so he can buy a ps3. I bought him a year of xbl, hes got 7 months of it left. I play onhis 360 alot and i dont want him to sell it.... I dont have money to buy it from him.

Thiel1989

If he lieks listening to his own music while playing games, then 360 all the way. most ps3 games dont allow custom soundtracks. but yeah if he 13 then does he realise the only better looking games are console specific? uncharted 2 looks that good because they spent all their time on one console. Side by side comparison of gears of war 2 VS uncharted 2? graphics arent much different. they definitly arent WAY better as the proclaim he thinks. the consoles both have pros and cons, but are inherently equal (unlike last gen with ps2 VS GCN VS XBOX).

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
Buy your own?
Soapweed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Soapweed
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts

Thiel1989

Beat him severely then salt his wounds. Kids these days...

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
was he playing his 360 on a good hd tv?
Endgame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Endgame_basic
Member since 2002 • 950 Posts

[QUOTE="Thiel1989"]

kungfool69

If he lieks listening to his own music while playing games, then 360 all the way. most ps3 games dont allow custom soundtracks. but yeah if he 13 then does he realise the only better looking games are console specific? uncharted 2 looks that good because they spent all their time on one console. Side by side comparison of gears of war 2 VS uncharted 2? graphics arent much different. they definitly arent WAY better as the proclaim he thinks. the consoles both have pros and cons, but are inherently equal (unlike last gen with ps2 VS GCN VS XBOX).

Sorry, but there's nothign even remotely close to Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, or even MGS4 on the 360 in terms of graphics. Gears 2 is nowehere near those games graphically

deadbeat2381

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deadbeat2381
Member since 2005 • 976 Posts

if his only logic in gettin a ps3 over a 360 is bc he saw MW2 on the PS3 then there is something wrong with him...MW2 is far superior on the 360...the 360 version has less lag from what i hear, will be gettin exclusive map packs earlier, and has a much larger community...the list of games available for the 360 also makes it a better system to own..sure the graphics on the ps3 might be a little (and yes only a little) better, but the amount of games, far superior online capabilities make it a better system...

i would like to own a ps3 for some exclusives, but i would not sell my 360 to do so

Metal-Recon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Metal-Recon
Member since 2003 • 823 Posts

It's funny that from what I've heard, graphically wise, Xbox 360 still has the edge by a tiny bit... even Gamespot in their graphics comparisson round 5 or 6 compared Modern Warfare 2 along some other games (AC2 for example) and they sais Xbox 360 had the edge...

Either way if he likes games based on graphics then leave him do it, I mean, he doesn't really know what he wants, because games are not only about gtraphics in the end

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Sorry, but there's nothign even remotely close to Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, or even MGS4 on the 360 in terms of graphics. Gears 2 is nowehere near those games graphically

Endgame_basic

Ok I will say UC2 looks better than Gears 2 and so it should it's alot newer game. KZ2 however is borderline better graphically, mainly because of lighting, but Gears 2 is way more fun to play. MGS4 isn't even close to Gears 2 graphically, and honestly is sucks to play. Of course these are my opinions, much like yours above.

Back to the original poster. You might want to tell your cousin to make sure he is comparing apples to apples. Are they both being shown on the same TV? Maybe he should take his 360 over to this friends house and hook it up and see what it looks like. I've played MW2 on both systems on the same TV and really they look exactly the same.

MellowMighty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 MellowMighty
Member since 2008 • 691 Posts

Ok. first, if he wants to get a PS3, why doesn't he do it for actual reasons? There are real reasons to buy a PS3 over an xbox. PS3 has a number of exclusives that look veeery sick (UC2, MGS4 and KZ2 i really want to try), and those exclusives are likely the console graphics kings.

Buying PS3 for a better MW2 experience however is just laughable.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6242816/p-3.html

"Infinity Ward has done an excellent job with the game engine in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The game runs silky smooth and looks great on both consoles. Outside of a few blurry textures on the PlayStation 3, which can be seen on the gun stock and the ground textures, the two console versions look largely the same."

From our beloved GS, they even DID a graphics comparison. I dont see the "big" graphics difference there haha.

Just do inform your brother that the difference was almost definetly 1. his friend had a better TV (most likely) or 2. pyschological.

I wouldnt fault him for buying a PS3, it does have advantages over the xbox. But for MW2 graphics? Really? Tell him wuts wut

Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#14 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts

I own both and i don't see big difference. Tell him PSN is a lot worse then XBL. You get what you DON'T pay for.

unkis4l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 unkis4l
Member since 2009 • 193 Posts

hes 13, i doubt he even knows what he wantschaoscougar1

That would make sense if the thread was about his college choices or career plan but its about a xbox 360 which is a little less of an important decision.