Some 'Watch Instantly' Netflix Content Vanishing Next Week

This topic is locked from further discussion.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

I was inspecting my Watch Instantly queue, and noticed that some of the stuff (Akira and Little Britain) is going to be taken off the Watch Instantly list on December 1st. Just FYI... check your list and make sure and watch everything that's set to expire next week. I'm hoping they come back eventually, but who knows?

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 donalbane

Wow, I thought more people would care about this. Seems the only thing that raises a Netflix user's ire is their lousy internet connection.

gww490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 gww490
Member since 2003 • 5584 Posts
I think I read somewhere here on GameSpot that a lot of these titles are owned by Sony or something. There was an article on the main page the day NXE was released about some titles disappearing.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 donalbane
Oh, OK... old news then. Boy was I pissed. Oh well... there's still thousands of other things to watch I guess.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
Sony sucks for this. Is this even legal? They allow every Netflix capable device except for the Microsoft one to play their stuff. If MS was like, "from now on if you want to install Windows on a VAIO you have to buy a $800 copy... or better yet, we ban all copies of MS Office and Windows from being used by Sony corporate and we're not licensing it for use on any Sony branded computer," the US Justice Dept would come down on them with a hammer.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 donalbane
I'm not sure if the content that's getting removed is due to Sony issues or not... but I wouldn't be surprised. Either way, I'm sad that Akira won't remain in the library... I need to be able to watch that one every now and then, and will miss the convenience of 'Watch Instantly'.
wojopro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 wojopro
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts
Its all due to license issues with the sony flicks. Netflix is planning on getting those fixed asap. Hopefully sooner than later.
eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#9 eXists
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
Yeah the selection is so limited, want to get rid of comcast if they start adding some serious stuff, still way too thin but I'm hanging in for now!