Sold my old 360 20GB. Is the Elite worth it?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DaGamingGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DaGamingGod
Member since 2008 • 1041 Posts
I'm thinking about buying the 360 Elite since I recently sold my 20GB 360 (non Falcon). I've heard that the dashboard runs a little snappier on the 360's Elite due to the 120GB hard drive having a larger cache. I love the color black over white since it would match my LCD HDTV but other than that, is it worth the extra 100 bucks???
msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts
It is if you have HDMI and download a lot of TV shows, demos and movies.
rctyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 rctyke
Member since 2005 • 1122 Posts
How much can I sell a premium (20GB) for, and it's the older model.
DaGamingGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DaGamingGod
How much can I sell a premium (20GB) for, and it's the older model.rctyke
Make your own thread.
DaGamingGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DaGamingGod
It is if you have HDMI and download a lot of TV shows, demos and movies.msjr78
Well, the latest 20GB Premium's come with HDMI. I'm pretty sure I won't download movies or shows unless they're free. I'll dl demos for sure though.
jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 jpstill85
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts

[QUOTE="msjr78"]It is if you have HDMI and download a lot of TV shows, demos and movies.DaGamingGod
Well, the latest 20GB Premium's come with HDMI. I'm pretty sure I won't download movies or shows unless they're free. I'll dl demos for sure though.

just delete the demos when you're done playing them. i've had my pro package for 2 years now and i've only used 10 gigs because i only keep what's needed on there. for music, pics, and videos, i just download them onto my computer and stream them through my xbox through windows media sharing. as far as demos go, just play through it then delete it. demos aren't enough to justify a 120 gig harddrive.

DaGamingGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 DaGamingGod

[QUOTE="DaGamingGod"][QUOTE="msjr78"]It is if you have HDMI and download a lot of TV shows, demos and movies.jpstill85

just delete the demos when you're done playing them. i've had my pro package for 2 years now and i've only used 10 gigs because i only keep what's needed on there. for music, pics, and videos, i just download them onto my computer and stream them through my xbox through windows media sharing. as far as demos go, just play through it then delete it. demos aren't enough to justify a 120 gig harddrive.

What about map packs and other such DLC? Would the 20GB aka 13 gigs be enough???
jpstill85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 jpstill85
Member since 2006 • 440 Posts
[QUOTE="jpstill85"]

[QUOTE="DaGamingGod"][QUOTE="msjr78"]It is if you have HDMI and download a lot of TV shows, demos and movies.DaGamingGod

What about map packs and other such DLC? Would the 20GB aka 13 gigs be enough???

Oh yeah. that space i've used includes the map packs for Rainbow Six Vegas, Halo 3, Gears of War, all of the Forza 2 downloads, about 12 xbox live arcade games, and about 20 dashboard themes and gamerpic packs. And as I start getting new games and stop playing the ones I have downloads for, I'll just delete the downloads and download them again if I ever get the urge to play the downloadable content.

Mikee3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Mikee3
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts
Nah, unless your hell bent on downloading every single video, game, and dlc on xbox live, 20gb is more than enough. Get a new premium xbox, it comes iwth an hdmi port, so all you need is the hdmi cable (10-20$) and you got 1080p! also falcon runs cooler and is more durable - to sum it up.

Btw, the cahing on elite being better is total bull. When you use an HDD it caches data, that is correct. However the size does not matter as the 360 has a defined cache size which will not change based on how big your HDD is.
DaGamingGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DaGamingGod
Nah, unless your hell bent on downloading every single video, game, and dlc on xbox live, 20gb is more than enough. Get a new premium xbox, it comes iwth an hdmi port, so all you need is the hdmi cable (10-20$) and you got 1080p! also falcon runs cooler and is more durable - to sum it up.

Btw, the cahing on elite being better is total bull. When you use an HDD it caches data, that is correct. However the size does not matter as the 360 has a defined cache size which will not change based on how big your HDD is.Mikee3
So there really is no difference when it comes to dashboard speed between both models? Interesting.
Mikee3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 Mikee3
Member since 2003 • 440 Posts
of course not... also.... whats wrong with the dashboard speed?
DaGamingGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DaGamingGod
of course not... also.... whats wrong with the dashboard speed?Mikee3
I just read that the Elite's larger hard drive had more cache compared to the Premiums. That's why the dashboard ran more smoothly.