SO many games, what to do?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

oozybear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 oozybear
Member since 2004 • 222 Posts

With the copious amounts of good games coming out for systems like the 360 lately, how do ya'll find time to actually beat them all? Every time i start a new one, another new one comes out right after. I feel bad dropping a game quickly to go onto a new one...however i want to play the new one while its still in its prime.

Whats the secre
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11985 Posts

I don't buy them all, in fact I only own a handful of games that I really like. Some happen to be older but they are still the best.

Hitman
Halo3
Fight Night Round 3
GeoW

MasterNinja49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 MasterNinja49
Member since 2008 • 461 Posts

I only buy about 5 or 6 games a year tops. I have high standards so i only buy the best of the best.

GTA4, NG2, MGS4, Gears2, Fable 2 (maby), are probably the only games i will get this year.

Strife88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Strife88
Member since 2005 • 6073 Posts
dont sleep and then theres a lot more time
kratos419

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 kratos419
Member since 2005 • 271 Posts
i do that as well and half of the time i dont go back to the previous game.
oozybear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 oozybear
bummpp
imakillaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 imakillaholic
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts
I have high standards, so I only pick a few games out of the year, which I'm now regretting. This year, I really need to save my money so I can afford some of these games, and some old ones from last year, because I still haven't played Mass Effect or anything, which I want to bad.
imakillaholic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 imakillaholic
Member since 2006 • 1422 Posts
P.S. - I also have a friend that buys alot of games, so I just usually borrow them lol.
hschaf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 hschaf
Member since 2008 • 637 Posts

you dont have to play every game that comes out right away. if i have a game on the go ill wait until i finish it till i play another one regardless of when it was released. if i have no games on the go ill just wait for a new one to be released while i try to get some achievements in a game i already have. no need to rush to play every new game as its released, they stay on the shelves for a long time :D

acridbradderz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 acridbradderz
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

the games i will most definatly buy this year are .... gears of war 2 -xbox 360 the sims 3-pc gta4-360

Rainbow lasvegas 2 -360 gran turismo4-ps3 and call of duty 5 if its out in 2008

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts
Buy the good cheap ones first and then eventually work your way up (and the expensive games should be cheaper by then too).
Avatar image for patsfan4liferjn
patsfan4liferjn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 patsfan4liferjn
Member since 2007 • 1253 Posts
i buy the good 360 games that came out a year or 2 ago first. so when i beat all trhose then the ones from this year will be around $40 or $30.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

IMO the only games that really want to be bought soon after release are ones with a lot of multiplayer content. If a game is mainly or only single player, then does it really make any difference whether you buy it at release or 6 months later?

I buy most of my games after they have been out a while, and do try to stick with them until I have finished it before moving onto the next game. That's not to say I don't buy games at launch, as I got PGR4 on launch day, COD4 and Mass Effect within a month, and have GTA4 on preorder for launch day.

raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts

yeah I know what you mean, I still need to beat: Forza 2, COD4, RBSV2, and I got Tony Hawk and Gun cheap during Black Friday and I still havent opened them yet and Im getting Mass Effect from my friend, and I am in the Battlefield beta so there is no time oh and the new maps for Halo 3 wow Im ganna have no time

oozybear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 oozybear
bump
nitroracer82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nitroracer82
Member since 2007 • 549 Posts
I know what you mean. I feel like I'm a reviewer for gamespot. I've had R6V for several days now and haven't opened it yet. I'm still finishing up Condemned 2 which was delayed by Army of Two, and so on. I hate leaving a game unfinished to start another.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#17 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Only need one game mate, GTA IV
nitroracer82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nitroracer82
Member since 2007 • 549 Posts

Only need one game mate, GTA IVToriko42

GTA IV is gonna make it real difficult to start another!

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#19 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]Only need one game mate, GTA IVnitroracer82

GTA IV is gonna make it real difficult to start another!

San Andreas lasted me 250 hours, so oh yeah. I'll be a richman by the time I finish GTA IV
jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#20 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64039 Posts
Wait tables.

For a college student thats a gold mine.

You make a 100 dollars a night on the weekends easy. And on the better nights you can get 150-200.

So just from friday-sunday you can make 300-600 in just tips.

Which covers car insurance, phone bills, school, rent, and gaming habits for me. And no your night life isnt completely killed. SO long as you dont mind sleeping for only 5-6 hours.
oozybear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 oozybear

I mean look. Currently just beat Frontlines and am really addicted to the multiplayer. However, im also playing DMC4 and i want to start playing CoD4 again (campaign and multiplayer). HOWEVER, i want to get Rainbow 6 vegas 2 and im even interested in Bully if you can believe that. Theres also a whole little list of games that i want to get to that had to be pushed aside as new games rushed out.

AND ABOVE ALL, GTA April 29th. So much to do, so little time.

oozybear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 oozybear
What can i honestly do to be in the gaming position i want to be in. I want to play these new games as they come, yet they keep coming so fast. Its even harder when main stream multiplayer games come out and you want to play em when the online communities are thriving the most.
Avatar image for Cloud_in_midgar
Cloud_in_midgar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cloud_in_midgar
Member since 2008 • 489 Posts
I dont sleep much, thats how i do it.
Hitchy9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Hitchy9
Member since 2007 • 2054 Posts
I only get the stand out games. I get 6 a year, and I've already bought CoD4 a couple months ago. I plan on buying GTA IV, Gears 2, Fable 2, Ninja Gaiden 2 and one more game that I'm not sure of yet.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#25 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

With the copious amounts of good games coming out for systems like the 360 lately, how do ya'll find time to actually beat them all? Every time i start a new one, another new one comes out right after. I feel bad dropping a game quickly to go onto a new one...however i want to play the new one while its still in its prime.

Whats the secreoozybear

I like to focus on one game at a time when it comes to single player campaign or story mode. I dont appreciate a game as much when I have too much on my plate. One time, I purchased Oblivion, The Orange Box, and Rainbow Six Vegas, and I couldnt really focus my attention on one game. I couldnt really get into because I was already thinking about the other new game! Now, I prefer to purchase one great game at a time. I'm very particular with games that I choose. I'd like to think that I have a good taste in games. Not to mention, I'm a graphics whore. As for me, I do research on the game I'm interested, read previews, reviews, watch vids, think it over, then make the pre-order or purchase. Games that I rent never get a purchase from me. So I prefer not to rent my games. I look for great deals, used copies, promotional sale, Ebay, or wait a few weeks for a price drop. When you love to play videogames like me, you need to watch what you spend. Find good deals, and reap the benefits of your favorite games. That way, you wont be shooting down baddies in Las Vegas (R6V2) and have to think about the $60 you just spent (for a 6 hour single player). Those are the things I keep in mind. And just to share, videogames that I am interested in but I have yet to play or buy are Condemned 2, Dark Sector (pre-order), and I would like to re-buy a copy of Lost Odyssey. I loved LO, but I sold it for some crazy reason I dont know. I will purchase it again. Thanks for reading, thought I would share.

Chester950

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chester950
Member since 2006 • 124 Posts

I liked lost odyesey a lot :D and there goes the new Tales of Vesperia coming this year i think, Call of Duty 4 is great, of course Gears and Bioshock are good too, and let's not forget foroza 2. Man there's a lot of good games shoot there's also the xbox live arcade >

oozybear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 oozybear
there really are just too many. i want to be able to keep up with all of em, yet beat em at the same time.
oozybear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 oozybear
Heck, i still haven't purchased Bioshock yet with all the games coming out.
DClown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DClown
Member since 2003 • 603 Posts

For me lately it has been a pretty smooth ride, usually as soon as I finish one game, a new one is released I am interested in and not before that. Granted, I am just about to finish Army of Two and I was hoping to save cash and not have to get anything until GTA, but R6V2 seems like a fun game (I enjoyed the previous one) that I am sure I could get into so naturally I am itching to get that even though I want to have one month without buying a new game. But I am probably too much of a gaming addict to let myself do that, haha.

But even if there are a ton of games released at the same time, I tend to buy the whole bulk of them at the same time, but as a previous poster said, it is quite hard to get into either of the games then because one is so focused on thinking about the games one is not playing that it can get a bit tricky. But I still enjoy opening a box full of new games.

MikeJones133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 MikeJones133
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts

I have high standards so i only buy the best of the best.

MasterNinja49

same, i only buy the top name games. i own:

forza 2, assassins creed, orange box, halo3, cod4

this yr i will buy:

Fable 2, BF:BC, GTA4 and gears2

oozybear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 oozybear

i spent a year spending most of my time playing SVR 2007, thats one of the things that started to build up my games list. I'd see new games coming out, buy them...play em a lil bit and go back to smackdown.

I was really addicted.

IppotheFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 IppotheFighter
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
Only 360 game i own is lost odyssey, i don't buy overly hyped game such as halo 3.Will probably buy fable 2, not much else for the 360 as far as i can see.
Avatar image for KevComesRipping
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34 KevComesRipping
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts
I borrow from my friend Dan who doesn't seem to mind blowing 60 bucks every week, so far I've successfully borrowed NHL 07, Skate, Gears of War, and Bioshock, and the time to play them I usually play a few hours during the week, like 3 hours Saturday morning then bang out games on Sundays because it's the only guarenteed day off I have every week, my girlfriend works a double and the few kids that I'd go out of my way to hangout with work also.
thecobraholder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 thecobraholder
Member since 2007 • 602 Posts
i just don't rush. i don't care if i get a game as soon as it comes out and not play it that much till later on. the thing is (i know it's weird) that i like knowing i have the games and that i can play them whenever i feel like playing them. i'm not going to force myself into playing the game i just bought but that's just me. pick up the games you're interested in, add them to your collection and play them each when you feel like it.
shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I hear ya.. I still haven't finished Bioshock, Assassins Creed, Mass Effect, Army of Two, etc. I blame it on COD4 Multiplayer and now MLB 08 the Show which both take up most of my gaming time at the moment.
oozybear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 oozybear
GTA will take up a lot of time tho heh
Jinpuchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jinpuchi
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts

games you should have...

gears of war(!)

bioshock

halo 3

mass efect

devil may cry

call of duty 4

and you can go for a while :-)

Jinpuchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Jinpuchi
Member since 2006 • 110 Posts

i just don't rush. i don't care if i get a game as soon as it comes out and not play it that much till later on. the thing is (i know it's weird) that i like knowing i have the games and that i can play them whenever i feel like playing them. i'm not going to force myself into playing the game i just bought but that's just me. pick up the games you're interested in, add them to your collection and play them each when you feel like it.thecobraholder

that's not weird, i do the same :-)

oozybear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 oozybear
yeah
WardCleaver02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 WardCleaver02
Member since 2007 • 1559 Posts
I do not have as much disposable income as I once had, so that forces me to be picky about the games I buy. Honestly, it may sound strange, but when a cluster of games that I have been following get released around the same time, I actually hope that most of them suck, so I can save some money. I think fall of 06 was the worst (too many good games). My wallet hurt after that!
msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#43 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts
I don't buy very many games, and I only start playing a new game (buy or rent a new game) when I'm done with the one I was playing.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
idk, because very few of my games that i play i have beaten or rebeating it. there r so many good games i leave one down get another game.
oozybear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 oozybear

lol i kinda want to buy rockband to.

1) I want to buy any game i want
2) I want to finish all my games

3) I want to have a lot of money

4) I wish all 3 were achievable

sly_fiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sly_fiz
Member since 2007 • 563 Posts
my way to fix it is that i have no money, since im only 15 and my mom doesnt ever have any money, i usually just don't buy new games. i really want r6v:2 but i only have 90 bucks from helping build a fence...but some has to go to summer camp and all the other stuff, but w/e
and recently i haven't been doing any of my school work since all i do is play games all day, i have like no life now :(

but im excited for gta4 since ill buy it on release day and play it a bunch, it'll be the first game that i've ever done that with