So, is anyone playing TR on XB1?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

I hadn't played through it when it first came out and am just going through it now. I got the definitive edition on the PS4, but ended up going back to the PC version.

After all the bashing and smearing based on videos and everything but first hand experience, I was wondering how it was playing for anyone who ACTUALLY PLAYED IT ON XBOX 1. The ps4 version is very fluid until you get to anything with action or a lot of effects and then the framerate is all over the place.

How is it for you?

I'm not trying to start a debate over which system is more powerful. I just want to know how the game feels for those who've actually played it and I'm not willing to buy a third copy to see for myself.

gagit811

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 gagit811
Member since 2005 • 3632 Posts

I have it, the game runs fine and the truth is the frame rate never comes to mind. Its not 60fps but it stays at a solid 30fps without any drops that I've noticed. Of course 60fps would be better, but I'm not sure anyone with the x1 version will complain how the game looks and runs.

Avatar image for wg_mcfartypants
WG_McFartypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 WG_McFartypants
Member since 2013 • 233 Posts

@gagit811 said:

I have it, the game runs fine and the truth is the frame rate never comes to mind. Its not 60fps but it stays at a solid 30fps without any drops that I've noticed. Of course 60fps would be better, but I'm not sure anyone with the x1 version will complain how the game looks and runs.

It's a weird thing. I doubt TR is really representative of the power of either console. Not saying that the XB1 is secretly more powerful than the PS4 or anything but when they released the framerate comparison XB1 was locked at 30. PS4 was locked at 60. These aren't naturally occuring maximums (when's the last time you saw a game min/max/avg on an even number) and I'm assuming these were locked at these levels to avoid tearing. If they'd totally unlocked the framerate I'm betting BOTH consoles probably would have seen a higher average, but at some point I'm starting to feel consistency matters as much if not more...

Like I say, I've got the PS4 version and I really noticed the varying framerate. If I hadn't already played a third of the game on my gaming PC at max settings (system's powerful enough that TR doesn't hit any slowdowns) I might not have been bugged, but comparing the two it was pretty jarring. I played through all of COD Ghosts on the Xbox One and in spite of campaign against anything on Xbox being good compared to PS4... I never felt deprived of any enjoyment...

I have a feeling that's going to be what things are like for Xbox this generation. Solid gameplay that isn't quite as fast as the competition and a massive slag campaign because MS is on everyone's hit list right now.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Yeah I got it and it looks great and runs very smooth. Don't listen to all the crap that's being said. My cousin has the PS4 version and yes, its a bit smoother but looks the same otherwise.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I just received tomb raider for the xbox one but I haven't had the chance to play it yet.

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

No, I got it for $7 on PC. It's a great game, though... I just am glad it didn't cost $60.

Tommi88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Tommi88
Member since 2003 • 741 Posts

Its really fluid when im playing it on my xbox one, havent noticed any framerate drops!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

the game is solid.