So I just saw the Battlefield 3 clips they had on the dashboard...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 0

#1 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts

i saw an ad for Battlefield 3 multi player footage on the dashboard. I watched it and am blown away. The thing is.. it looked REALLY nice. This may sound stupid, but do you think that by any chance they're showing PC footage?

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

i saw an ad for Battlefield 3 multi player footage on the dashboard. I watched it and am blown away. The thing is.. it looked REALLY nice. This may sound stupid, but do you think that by any chance they're showing PC footage?

orb_03_2006
Big chance they are. It's just advertisement footage, so they will show the best.
ComBaTsOuL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ComBaTsOuL
Member since 2006 • 507 Posts

orb_03_2006
i think it is pc footage which shouldnt be on there...
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 orb_03_2006
I didn't they would be allowed to show PC footage. I knew it was too good to be true that it would look that good. But who cares? It looks so insanely fun. i have to get it now! But I still am a little agitated. They should be showing 360 graphics.
LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts
I didn't they would be allowed to show PC footage. I knew it was too good to be true that it would look that good. But who cares? It looks so insanely fun. i have to get it now! But I still am a little agitated. They should be showing 360 graphics.orb_03_2006
It'll look good on the 360. Just not AS good as pc.
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Schreek
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/battlefield-3-6-16-11/1334617 Here you go. Console graphics.

GhostHero333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GhostHero333
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
Odds are it is pc graphics. But my only concern is can dice deliver in the multiplayer, because they havent in the last three fps shooters.
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Schreek

Odds are it is pc graphics. But my only concern is can dice deliver in the multiplayer, because they havent in the last three fps shooters.GhostHero333
What are you going on about? Their last 3 online fps experiences were Medal of Honor, Bad Company 2, and Bad Company (and a few random F2P pc games that were just free Battlefield rehashes are in there). I will give you Medal of Honor as not that good, but Bad Company multiplayer was really good.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 orb_03_2006

http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/video/battlefield-3-6-16-11/1334617 Here you go. Console graphics.

Schreek
I've seen that already. I'm just concerned with how the 360 will look. Since they were talking about special lighting for the 360 version, I'm still worried. I have yet to see 360 game play.
SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
its awesome
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Schreek

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

orb_03_2006

I've seen that already. I'm just concerned with how the 360 will look. Since they were talking about special lighting for the 360 version, I'm still worried. I have yet to see 360 game play.

Eh, I am sure they will have 360 gameplay soon. And if not, I am not too worried about it.

Noose666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Noose666
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts
This has really got my interest to wake up! And I am not a fan of Battlefield games,I really hope that this game change me!
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 orb_03_2006

[QUOTE="orb_03_2006"][QUOTE="Schreek"]

Schreek

Eh, I am sure they will have 360 gameplay soon. And if not, I am not too worried about it.

I'm not too worried either. I was at first, but I'm sure it'll still look great. Even if it looks inferior, it will still play well. I'm loving how everything is looking so far.
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#14 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

Thats why i am going to get it on the PC. Battlefield games were designed for PC so they are definetly better on the PC.

Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Schreek

Thats why i am going to get it on the PC. Battlefield games were designed for PC so they are definetly better on the PC.

Dawq902

It will still be same basic gameplay and everything. The difference will be more players online and better graphics. I can live with that.

Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#16 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
[QUOTE="Schreek"]

[QUOTE="Dawq902"]

It will still be same basic gameplay and everything. The difference will be more players online and better graphics. I can live with that.

Yeah i know but I can pay the same price for a better online community and better graphics so I plan on doing it.
Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts
I am worried that maps will feel awkward because it was originally designed for 64 players... I still have it pre-ordered nonetheless, but it does concern me how it will turn out on consoles...
Schreek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Schreek

[QUOTE="Schreek"]

[QUOTE="Dawq902"]

Dawq902

Yeah i know but I can pay the same price for a better online community and better graphics so I plan on doing it.

Maybe even $10 cheaper than console versions. I have a pc that can run it, but seeing as its a game that my roommates will want to play and my friends will be getting for 360, its just the better option for me. As long as graphics are not completely awful it does not bother me when they are not top of the line.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts

Only concern is can dice deliver in the multiplayer, because they havent in the last three fps shooters.GhostHero333
Thats a matter of opinion... a poor one at that.

Everything showcased so far had been earlyPC footage. Not maybe, fact.After seeing PC footage then consoles it leaves you some what disappointed, but this is true for every game and console generation.

The console footage shown doesn't look to be up to par with some other of the console graphic power houses. (KZ3, Crysis 2)Butit is early andin general the Jimmy Fallon footage looked bad. Looked sub HD and I think its not neccasirly the games fault.

Aslong as Bf3MP isbalanced with good servers no matter the platform its a win in my book...

KSEfAN420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KSEfAN420
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts

if i had a pc i would get it for that but im a console gamer... The game is gonna be amazing no matter what... and is it a good thing that the 360 is getting special lighting??? or is it going to be worse then the ps3?? and are there going to be jets on the console versions of the game.. cause i really miss jets..

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 orb_03_2006

if i had a pc i would get it for that but im a console gamer... The game is gonna be amazing no matter what... and is it a good thing that the 360 is getting special lighting??? or is it going to be worse then the ps3?? and are there going to be jets on the console versions of the game.. cause i really miss jets..

KSEfAN420
I've only heard a couple things about the lighting. One thing is that the lighting on the 360 version will be terrible, so they're doing whatever they can to improve it before they demo it. Just something I've heard though.
Avatar image for JusticeFromSeed
JusticeFromSeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JusticeFromSeed
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts

Odds are it is pc graphics. But my only concern is can dice deliver in the multiplayer, because they havent in the last three fps shooters.GhostHero333

Open mouth, insert foot...

They wouldn't have been as amazingly successful as they were if they were as poor as you make them out to be. Just because you don't like a game doesn't make it crap.

Madluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Madluke
Member since 2007 • 41 Posts

I'm just hoping it will actually run on my PC. My fingers are crossed!

zombehhhhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 zombehhhhh
Member since 2011 • 456 Posts
The first console footage was shown on late night with jimmy fallon. All the other stuff was from PC footage because the graphics are a bit better.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 orb_03_2006
The first console footage was shown on late night with jimmy fallon. All the other stuff was from PC footage because the graphics are a bit better.zombehhhhh
But do you know when 360 footage will be shown?
Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#26 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

Gonna be awesome.

GhostHero333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GhostHero333
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts
Bad Comany's multiplayer was alright, but not good compared to games like Call of Duty or even Homefront.
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#28 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
Bad Comany's multiplayer was alright, but not good compared to games like Call of Duty or even Homefront.GhostHero333
I totally disagree Bad Company 2 was way ahead of CoD, let alone Homefront
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

Yeah lets be real here, this game will be light-years better on the PC.

But unfortunately, I can't run it so I'll be playing on my 360. :P

You can argue that Battlefield games are made for the PC, but there's no doubt that they're also made for teamwork. If I got it for PC I would be the only one I know that has it for that platform. Therefore, I actually rather get it on the inferior platform so that I can play with friends & family.

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

KSEfAN420

nope, no jets, smaller maps, and lower player counts in multiplayer.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jagged3dge

Bad Comany's multiplayer was alright, but not good compared to games like Call of Duty or even Homefront.GhostHero333

Okay stop. There's no need to jump on the Battlefield bandwagon now if you thought that Homefront and CoD were way better games. :|

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

KSEfAN420
yes
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HilbillyRokstar
You soooo funny!
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="KSEfAN420"]

JayQproductions

There will be jets.They are able to fly beyond the boundary of the player maps. The maps were only smaller because they were scaled to fit the amount of players. The maps in BFBC 1 and 2 were plenty big, and I'm pretty sure they will be the same size for BF 3.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#35 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

People fail to realize just how short a time it has been that BF has been on consoles. And have they delivered in the graphics department? Every time. But PC is where they are focused, especially this time, since the last games have sort of abandoned us PC peeps.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HilbillyRokstar

I am worried that maps will feel awkward because it was originally designed for 64 players... I still have it pre-ordered nonetheless, but it does concern me how it will turn out on consoles...Warablo13
No reason to worry about that. The maps are scaled appropriately(differently) for consoles. It won't be a problem.

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 YoungSinatra25

Everything in the PC version (except in the graphics department and player count) will be in the console version. So yes, jets..

YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 YoungSinatra25

People fail to realize just how short a time it has been that BF has been on consoles. And have they delivered in the graphics department? Every time. realguitarhero5

Your wording or punctuation seems off to me.

Anyway, I wouldn't call all the aliasing,overdone/badshadding, or horrible HORRIBLEframe tearing really delivering in the graphics department TBH. Great particle effects and good texturethough...

Avatar image for JayQproductions
JayQproductions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 JayQproductions
Member since 2007 • 1806 Posts

[QUOTE="JayQproductions"]

[QUOTE="KSEfAN420"]

HilbillyRokstar

There will be jets.They are able to fly beyond the boundary of the player maps. The maps were only smaller because they were scaled to fit the amount of players. The maps in BFBC 1 and 2 were plenty big, and I'm pretty sure they will be the same size for BF 3.

Dice said there will NOT be jets in online multiplayer on console versions because the maps will be smaller on console versions.

Warablo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Warablo13
Member since 2009 • 1289 Posts

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]

JayQproductions

Dice said there will NOT be jets in online multiplayer on console versions because the maps will be smaller on console versions.

I've read different somewhere..
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]

JayQproductions

I have read direct interviews saying what I stated.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Jagged3dge

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]There will be jets.They are able to fly beyond the boundary of the player maps. The maps were only smaller because they were scaled to fit the amount of players. The maps in BFBC 1 and 2 were plenty big, and I'm pretty sure they will be the same size for BF 3.

HilbillyRokstar

I have read direct interviews saying what I stated.

Dude I hope your right.