So I finally got the RROD...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lobster_Ear
Member since 2005 • 5428 Posts

4 days before Christmas... Worst. luck. EVER. I've had my 360 for more than a year, but tonight when playing COD4 it was constantly freezing and after the fifth time restarting it, the red ring came up...The weird thing is I turned it off and back on and it works again...but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I get the rrod again...

I have one question though.

When I send it to MS are they going to send it back to my house and leave it on my doorstep? Because that would really suck. I don't want someone to steal it. Or are they going to send it to the P.O. and I can go pick it up?

Well. That's it. My horror story. Anyone else have some Xbox Christmas nightmare they care to share?

o_sausage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 o_sausage
Member since 2006 • 5919 Posts
Don;t you have a blog somewhere?
KWpimpin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KWpimpin
Member since 2007 • 117 Posts
My 360 dies a week ago and i sent it out tuesday which sucks because this is funnest time for gaming now i cant pwn noobs on live till january
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Lobster_Ear
Don;t you have a blog somewhere?o_sausage
If you would have read it all you would have seen that I actually had a question. It's not just a paragraph of my holiday woes, but obviously you don't have the attention span to actually read more than a topic title.
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

Sorry to hear it... I've felt that feeling (twice, in fact).

Also, they'll send you a box, and you'll ship it back (free shipping) to them. They'll either send you another console (refurb/new), or fix your own. When they send it back to you, they'll ring your bell, and if you're not home - it will be brought back to the post office depot. In that case, you have to pick it up.

It's easiest to have somebody ... anybody home during the expected arrival date - just so you don't have to make the extra trip.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Lobster_Ear

Sorry to hear it... I've felt that feeling (twice, in fact).

Also, they'll send you a box, and you'll ship it back (free shipping) to them. They'll either send you another console (refurb/new), or fix your own. When they send it back to you, they'll ring your bell, and if you're not home - it will be brought back to the post office depot. In that case, you have to pick it up.

It's easiest to have somebody ... anybody home during the expected arrival date - just so you don't have to make the extra trip.

Aaron89
Alright. Thanks for the info. I hope I'll be home when they send it back. I'm starting College on January 7th so I'd like it to be back by then, but I know it won't...
Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Lobster_Ear
The one good thing out of this is I MIGHT get a 360 with an HDMI port.
Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

The one good thing out of this is I MIGHT get a 360 with an HDMI port.Lobster_Ear

Haha - that's what I was wondering. I'm too cheap to buy another 360 w/ HDMI, and now with my HDTV - I want one. It's doubtful you will, but hey, anything's possible! I'll pray you do! :)

00Raziel00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 00Raziel00
Member since 2007 • 1221 Posts

4 days before Christmas... Worst. luck. EVER. I've had my 360 for more than a year, but tonight when playing COD4 it was constantly freezing and after the fifth time restarting it, the red ring came up...The weird thing is I turned it off and back on and it works again...but I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I get the rrod again...

When I send it to MS are they going to send it back to my house and leave it on my doorstep? Because that would really suck. I don't want someone to steal it. Or are they going to send it to the P.O. and I can go pick it up?

Well. That's it. My horror story. Anyone else have some Xbox Christmas nightmare they care to share?

Lobster_Ear

nice sig, and its too bad that it died near Xmas.

Lobster_Ear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lobster_Ear
[QUOTE="Lobster_Ear"]

00Raziel00

nice sig, and its too bad that it died near Xmas.

Yeah. It sucks. I guess I can finish up on some of my Wii games now though...lol, I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible, but damn...
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts
that rly suks, if u get new games or sumtin it will prob kill u. Thats hows its been fo me since mid november, I found a 360 in my parents room and since now i have just seen the games and accesories pile up in there room. It kills me to know i can't play them until xmas, but it's only like 3 days away now (and 2hrs 26min)
Dr_Zeduto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dr_Zeduto
Member since 2006 • 81 Posts
I feel your pain man, My 360 died on me yesterday, I would have had it for two years next month, so I guess I'm glad that it went that long without any problems, but I'm still pretty pissed that it died right before I get my new HDTV, and Mass Effect for Christmas, luckily my friend is letting me barrow his because he is grounded and can't play 360 anyway, but I still have to wait until Thursday.