So I finally Bought a 360 + GOW 1 & 2 and...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RogerLa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RogerLa
Member since 2010 • 52 Posts

The 360 rocks. I only got the 4GB version but its cool. I only need it for saved games anyway. I also got xbox live and while XBL is definately amazing GOW 1 & 2 weren't and I'm actually pretty dissapointed. I had played GOW1 at my cousins house 2 years ago and loved the campaign. In fact I sat up half the night playing the campaign at his houseand couldn't step away from it. I ended up playing until 9am. I beat the campaign for GOW 1 & 2 and loved both campaigns. Both were rock solid.

So I finally got into the multiplayer aspect and this is where things went badly.

Where are the dedicated servers? The host system is a nightmareeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. The lag is terrible, especially for the shotgun. What was Epic thinking with this host system? Did they not realize that people with bad connections would host games and ruin it for everyone else. I'm on a cable connection and I wont host my own game because I know my connection isnt good enough.

More than 10 players would have been nice as well. I know GOW2 has an updated GFX engine and can support dozens, possibly hundreds of characters on screen at the same time. GOW2 should have definately had bigger matches like 16v16 or 24v24. GOW 2 took the bad multiplayer to a whole new level. Finding a match is like incredibly frustrating and I really don't understand why things went from bad to worst with GOW2. I was really looking forward to enjoying the MP after the rock solid campaigns.

Normally sequels build upon strengths and eliminate weaknesses in the first game it seems they went the opposite direction. On the bright side, it looks like GOW 3 will have dedicated servers, I did some googling. Still about a year away though. I've played my fair share of MP games, mostly for the pc and some for the original Xbox and PS3 and I would have to give GOW 2 the worst multiplayer I have ever played award. I still love GOW, the feel, the look, the whole atmosphere, but the MP really killed the vibe.

Rhino53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Rhino53
Member since 2008 • 2552 Posts

Yeah, I didn't like the Gears multiplayer at all, but you might want to get a bigger hard drive, because most games have a auto-save feature so it automatically takes up space in your hard drive

And 4 GB isn't really alot, expecially if you have XBL

Tsuyoi94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Tsuyoi94
Member since 2010 • 239 Posts

I completely agree with you .. the multiplayer is kinda .. ew . It wasn't always like that .. they did some updates that caused it and now it sucks .. Just wait for the gears 3 like I do XD .

SpArKs424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SpArKs424
Member since 2010 • 2203 Posts

ahh gears is awesome . sorry you didnt like gears . Gears 3 is gonna be EPIC .

Funconsole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Funconsole
Member since 2009 • 3223 Posts
Gears 2 MP is much better now, especially if you have friends playing it
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
GoW 1 and 2 are two of my all-time favorite co-op games. Versus isn't the only type of multiplayer.
gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

I found both Gears 1 and 2 to be a blast online.

F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
GoW 1 and 2 are both amazing games.. i've won lan tournaments on gears 1, it was always my favorite xbox 360 multiplayer games.. i dunno bro either you have just seen some horrible games or your just not really good at it.. no disrespect
Starchild07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Starchild07
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Decent system, amazing online, mediocre games (1 was fun, though). My two cents.
Insomniacs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10 Insomniacs
Member since 2009 • 47 Posts

you might want to try the Gears of War 2: Game of the Year Edition includes Gears of War 2 plus 19 additional maps and a deleted campaign previously exclusive to Xbox Live

if you want too

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I love the co-op SP, but Gears of War 2 online (when it isn't a laggy son of a..) is where it's at for me. I really enjoy it. But then again, I'm not the type of gamer that likes military shooters online. Depends on the gamer.
MajorCause

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 MajorCause
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I love both Gears and gears 2, waiting for Gears 3.