So glad I got rid of my Xbox One...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Slannmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 Slannmage
Member since 2005 • 6975 Posts

It just reminded me of why I've been a pure PC Gamer since around 2001. I thought I'll try and get back into consoles again, got caught up with the excitement and just didn't understand what the fuss was about when I had one.

The problem I have with the ecosystem is you only get one choice and if there is something you don't like... tough, you have to wait. On the PC there are so many third party programs, you just find something that works to your liking, usually the cream always rises to the top, competition is good and why the PC is so much better.

That Game DVR is the biggest turd and represents everything that is wrong with consoles IMO. Like what is the need for such lousy restrictions with it? 5 mins of recording? Come on.... Also what is up with Skydrive making the quality even worse? Why do I have to pay a subscription to get my local content off the console?

When it comes to games, on the PC if there is an issue with it, there will always be someone modding it. Forza 5, no night time, barely any tracks, all the good cars are locked behind a pay wall or a years worth of grinding, no weather, no qualifying, all the career races last like 2-4 laps only, the multiplayer feels barren, the menus are a mess. The list goes on and the worst thing of all is how there is no G27 wheel support......... why? There is no reason to have to buy a new wheel, other than Microsoft cutting deals with companies to make sure you do buy a new one. All things that if on the PC, would have been modded.

I just hate the restricted nature of the consoles, it feels like you're being oppressed. I feel like I'm bending over backwards and letting Microsoft **** me in the arse, I feel like I'm scum when I'm playing a console, they treat you so badly and just try to milk you at every time. I mean the amount the Xbox One cost, with the subscription and the crazy price of the games, I could have built a nice PC for all of that, and the controllers cost too much, rip off that you need that recharge kit too. The other funny thing is, no 1080i support? Well that's all my fucking TV box supports, so no HDMI pass through for me because Microsoft decided to put such a stupid limitation in.

I also like how all the ads show Shaun T and P90X as Xbox Fitness workouts, yet they're not in there lol. Out of the 12 or so workouts each of them have, with Xbox Fitness, you get one for Insanity and two for P90X and no option to buy the rest. So essentially you cannot do them because there is no point doing one when you're meant to do the whole program. Really it's a demo to get you to buy the DVD, which shows you they're never bringing them to Xbox Fitness.

Also what I love is there is no mention of this fact in the ads, so false advertising there, yet all the reviews say how amazing it is, never picking up on these facts. If you look really closely at the ad, in small writing it says you need to pay for Xbox Gold, even if you purchase the workouts, which are stored locally on your machine lol. WTF?????? So what is Xbox Fitness giving you? Well the Kinect camera isn't actually accurate, you can do totally different things to what it is showing you to do and it still says GREAT! The heartbeat sensor barely ever works and when it does, it's not even accurate. There is no interaction with the workout either, they've just stuck the DVD on and slapped a UI over it. so as far as I see it the Xbox One is giving you the privilege of paying more for less.....

I have no idea how any one thinks consoles are better than PC, judging by my Xbox One experience and wtf is up with the whole online shit and this console? A total mess of menus, I still haven't worked out that Hopper system in Forza 5, I still haven't worked out how to invite friends into online games :\ Online just feels dead though, not having any community hub or server browser or anything like that, you just feel like you're in a SP game. At least on PC with Steam you have these community hubs, you can see how many people are playing and where, you can see everyone's stats, uploaded screenshots and mods etc etc. None of that on Xbox One...

jeffmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jeffmonster
Member since 2003 • 511 Posts

um ok

mike4realz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mike4realz
Member since 2003 • 2577 Posts

i like my xbox one

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

You're a moron that doesn't know how to buy electronics and then doesn't understand how to post about them on a game forum

dogfather76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 dogfather76
Member since 2009 • 589 Posts

Blog it. Not that I'd read your dissertation either way.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Loving mine and I am a 90% Pc gamer.

Avatar image for Undue_Influence
Undue_Influence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Undue_Influence
Member since 2011 • 72 Posts

Completely understand the point you are making, and I agree that PCs offer a complete work around to issues (just look at modders and Skyrim) because of the open environment but I also think there is one word that sums up why people love console gaming that was not addressed. Simplicity.

I like PC gaming for Counter Strike and Real Time Strategy, but the computer is so much more than gaming for me. It pushes content for watching movies resulting in going digital, and it syncs songs and shows to mobile devices for commuting and travelling, it is the hub for entertainment, but it is set up at a desk away from the couch and needs a lot of love. PC gaming involves staying on top of RAM, GPU, Processors and whatever you buy is antiquated in 2 years and will struggle to play the latest AAA title. Malware gets involved, formatting is needed, it just becomes time consuming to maintain a PC and then you constantly feel that you never are ahead of the curve because there is always a significant leap coming. That is great for innovation but can be painful for a wallet.Console gaming is easy and convenient.

There is something beautiful about picking up a game with an Xbone or PS4 or whatever preference sticker is on it and knowing once you insert that disk it just works. Console gaming is great because you feel value for money as it just works as part of the lounge room.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

I have gave PC gaming a try several times, in fact I purchased a new gaming rig about two years ago, hate the keyboard mouse controls. Trying to get a controller to work is like pulling teeth. Consoles might not be perfect but there is a lot less stress involved.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Today is the last day I play Forza 5. I gave it a try but I really don't feel like gaming on the Xbone anymore. I may set it back up down the road but for now on Christmas day my PS4 will take it's spot. Forza 5 handles great but there are way too many other issues with that incomplete pos. Microsoft has disappointed once again.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

Cool. I'm having a blast with the xbone.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I cant wait to play on my xbox one

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I stopped reading at "ecosystem". Never has there been a more annoying buzzword.

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

You do know what a blog is...right? I'm really happy you sold it too..so I don't have to listen to you in multiplayer! Later...don't let the door hitcha!!!!

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

i hope buy xbox1 near the future

remaGloohcSdlO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 remaGloohcSdlO
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

I've got a few annoyances (party chat, no voice messages, etc...) but I'd never give up on a product with a 7+ year life span after 4 weeks.

Consoles evolve now and launch hardware is ALWAYS troublesome.

Sounds like you have an issue with patience...

Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

@remaGloohcSdlO said:

I've got a few annoyances (party chat, no voice messages, etc...) but I'd never give up on a product with a 7+ year life span after 4 weeks.

Consoles evolve now and launch hardware is ALWAYS troublesome.

Sounds like you have an issue with patience...

Well said...

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By sukraj

gunna play some Ryse tonight.

jekyll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#18 jekyll
Member since 2002 • 9140 Posts

@Slannmage said:

That Game DVR is the biggest turd and represents everything that is wrong with consoles IMO. Like what is the need for such lousy restrictions with it? 5 mins of recording? Come on.... Also what is up with Skydrive making the quality even worse? Why do I have to pay a subscription to get my local content off the console?

When it comes to games, on the PC if there is an issue with it, there will always be someone modding it. Forza 5, no night time, barely any tracks, all the good cars are locked behind a pay wall or a years worth of grinding, no weather, no qualifying, all the career races last like 2-4 laps only, the multiplayer feels barren, the menus are a mess.

As for the Game DVR, I'm mostly okay with the five minute limit since if I see a video is more than about two minutes I likely won't bother watching, so I don't want to record that long, either. The main waste for me is no auto upload to YouTube, which should have been the no. 1 focus.

In Forza 5, I'm glad the races aren't too long. I don't need career mode being a time suck of qualifying and long races.

Slannmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Slannmage

@jekyll said:

@Slannmage said:

When it comes to games, on the PC if there is an issue with it, there will always be someone modding it. Forza 5, no night time, barely any tracks, all the good cars are locked behind a pay wall or a years worth of grinding, no weather, no qualifying, all the career races last like 2-4 laps only, the multiplayer feels barren, the menus are a mess.

As for the Game DVR, I'm mostly okay with the five minute limit since if I see a video is more than about two minutes I likely won't bother watching, so I don't want to record that long, either. The main waste for me is no auto upload to YouTube, which should have been the no. 1 focus.

In Forza 5, I'm glad the races aren't too long. I don't need career mode being a time suck of qualifying and long races.

YOU might not want to, but I want to be able to record my races with mates and watch them back.

It isn't for YOU, it is for ME! I'm not going to start uploading it for the world to see...

Slannmage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Slannmage

@Undue_Influence: Oh come off it, games just work on my PC, I haven't had a problem for like 10+ years now, when I install a game on Steam it works a lot faster and is easier to install etc, than the consoles. I mean I bought a game for the Xbox One and it took a day to download and install, even though I have a 250mb connection and it takes less than 30 mins for a 40GB to download on my PC... so what is going on there? Then i have to loading for the stupidly long load times... like why can't I just whack an SSD in there? I've seen people do it and load times still aren't much better....... why? Fucking hell, slow arse consoles.

PC is much better, cheaper too, for the money I've spent on this console and the ridiculous price of games, I could have built a hefty PC.... + there is Xbox Live they make you pay for every year which is needed for even the most basic functionality, that is £40 a year.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Slannmage said:

@Undue_Influence: Oh come off it, games just work on my PC, I haven't had a problem for like 10+ years now, when I install a game on Steam it works a lot faster and is easier to install etc, than the consoles. I mean I bought a game for the Xbox One and it took a day to download and install, even though I have a 250mb connection and it takes less than 30 mins for a 40GB to download on my PC... so what is going on there? Then i have to loading for the stupidly long load times... like why can't I just whack an SSD in there? I've seen people do it and load times still aren't much better....... why? Fucking hell, slow arse consoles.

PC is much better.

Yeah that didn't happen lol

Good story though, you're getting better

Might want to work on building up your characters in the next post though

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Honestly, I have a brand new X1, a PC with a ton of games I need to finish and I spent all day playing the new Zelda on my son's 3DS. Game of the decade as far as I'm concerned.

grove12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 grove12345
Member since 2003 • 895 Posts

should of bought a PS2, XB360, or PS3 instead. You missed out on some gaming goodness there.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

I love mine and I basically am a cow, till now

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 sukraj

gunna play some fifa 14 tonight.

BFKZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 BFKZ
Member since 2004 • 1728 Posts

What I understood from this is that you felt like you're being penetrated.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Xbone is slightly better than last gen but it's mandatory patches mean mandatory internet which is the same as PC but with graphic downgrades. PC it is and Xbone it isn't. The controller is pretty much the best so far. The damn thing wont turn off all the way no matter what though. It's a power consumption monster.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

xbox ones eating dust at my house , my wiiu and 360 see more use

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

@RimacBugatti said:

Xbone is slightly better than last gen but it's mandatory patches mean mandatory internet which is the same as PC but with graphic downgrades. PC it is and Xbone it isn't. The controller is pretty much the best so far. The damn thing wont turn off all the way no matter what though. It's a power consumption monster.

You can change the power setting to completely turn it off so don't whine because you didn't put the effort to find that out. PS4 also has had a ton of patches both, on day one and for all it's games. That's how it will be this generation but given the fact that most people will always be on the internet it isn't a big deal.

A lot of people complained about the Xbox One's always on DRM, but I bet that same crowd hasn't ever taken their Xbox One's off the internet for any reason.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

@mariokart64fan said:

xbox ones eating dust at my house , my wiiu and 360 see more use

Sounds like you just like wasting money then, since it has a lot of great games for it.

Avatar image for shadowchronicle
Shadowchronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 66

#31 Shadowchronicle
Member since 2008 • 26969 Posts

Sorry for dropping in so late but I think this thread is blog material or something that would go into System Wars. Locking the thread.