So finally got a xbox and joined live..so is

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dime666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Dime666
Member since 2003 • 505 Posts

...this the place where all morons meet or was I just unlucky?

Played three games of Gears of War. First one the guy kept calling people idiots and noobs and then went on with mother insults.

Second game I played I finally killed someone and guess what I get? A ton of profanities and a bad rep because apparently it wasn't my kill. Bearing in mind this was my second game online and having no idea what was going on, add to that the fact that we were both hitting the guy, I was shocked people thought a missed kill would make me a dou**ebag, d*ck and other american insults which I couldn't really understand.

Third game all was going good and then I get a good kill (somehow) and suddenly the attention of my teammates turns to the gametag. ''Dude, what's with the tag, are youforeign or something. Jeez sound like a frenchie. What an idiot ''(the uk is certainly not part of France)

So all in all I would have to say I have never played a game with so many immature, stupid and most importantly rude people in any other game. I guess it might have something to do with the fact that nearly everyone has a mic included with their xbox and apparently when you give the voice to the average gamer he suddenly becomes 5 and wants attention.

So is this what live is like? I have played other games but they are mainly sports games and people don't really say much. Is this to be expected in shooters or where they just rare occurances on live?

P.S Good game graphically but gameplay wise I don't know what the fuss is about.

GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 GTFan712
Member since 2007 • 103 Posts

Mostly on the more popular games (Halo 2, Gears) you run into this conflict. Like the people that just start singing, screaming at you for random stuff, that sort. I guess they think it's funny? Not sure. But, on other not-as-popular games, you don't run into that as much.

At least from what I've seen.

Miles0T0Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Miles0T0Prower
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts
Welcome to the internet you were just unlucky but preety much all games are like that
ss_49

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ss_49
Member since 2007 • 1337 Posts

yup...thats XBL alright. As soon as the mic gets plugged in people lose their minds :?

Just ignore the idiots and add people you enjoy playing with. Eventually you'll have a huge friendlist and care-free online gaming :)

vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
It everywhere but it's worst in gears. Don't worry about it. There are cool people on gears as well. You just have to look hard.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
Mute button is your friend.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts

Welcome to Gears of War, where if you died or didn't get a kill, its never your fault. Just blame lag or say that somebody stole your kill.

I'd reccomend Rainbow Six Vegas for a better community. They aren't very nice to new people in RSV, but once you get the hang of it, its incredibly fun.

gamble61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gamble61
Member since 2005 • 1082 Posts
i know how u feel. but thats what the mute button is for.
GTFan712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GTFan712
Member since 2007 • 103 Posts
Just wait until later at night once all the 10 year olds get off. They're the most annoing in Halo.
Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#10 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts
That is xbox live, i remember playing COD3 and having ppl call me a**hat, F*ggot,N*gger almost every bad word i didn't understand not to mention 12 yrs old cursing at me, it's like high school hell lol, but at the same time you can usually find some funny stories out of it as well.
Cube_of_MooN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Cube_of_MooN
Member since 2005 • 9286 Posts
Through liberal use of the mute button your problem will be solved. Oh, and if nobody told you, if somebody downs a guy on Gears, you are supposed to let him kill that guy, a sort of "unwritten rule". Eventually you will meet some pretty cool people, believe me.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Through liberal use of the mute button your problem will be solved. Oh, and if nobody told you, if somebody downs a guy on Gears, you are supposed to let him kill that guy, a sort of "unwritten rule". Eventually you will meet some pretty cool people, believe me.Cube_of_MooN
Yeah, can't forget about that rule.
Dime666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dime666
Member since 2003 • 505 Posts
Ye I got the rule but as I said we were both shooting him...and really I thought I killed him, anyway it does not matter in the overall picture. Ultimately it is a kill in a video game..I guess people would rather act like animals rather then lose some points in a round.
Spartan-051

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Spartan-051
Member since 2007 • 728 Posts

in gears you'll get alot of people who just need to STFU

they wont, trust me

if they get really annoying just mute them but otherwise ignore them

RMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 RMage
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts
If you cant handle it, get off Xbox live. Seriously, im sick of people complaining about the community. Were you sheltered? They want to get to you and make you mad so you screw up. Just ignore it. I have a group of friends from work that I play XBL with all the time, and all of the conversations is smack talk. The community is never going to change. Ive been with XBL since it came out, and its always been the same. Since Mechassault was first introduced to xbox live, its always been the same. You cant control it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d27a0be87356
deactivated-5d27a0be87356

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 deactivated-5d27a0be87356
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts

What do you think all the frail and sad looking nerds who got picked on for years in school and maybe even by their parents do when they get to play with other kids from the safety and comfort of their homes where no one can hurt or see them?

They vent years frustrations and humiliations. I bet you would cross any of those in the street and they wouldn't even dare look you in the eyes, its like dogs, the louder they bark, the more afraid they are.

brainscientist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 brainscientist
Member since 2006 • 987 Posts

Start your own room and kick the people you dont like.

Problem solved.

sebbi11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 sebbi11
Member since 2004 • 1190 Posts

Play with Europeans, and stay away from Yanks 14 years and younger, 90% of them are idiots.

When u get in a server like that, quit, find a new game, that way u got a bigger chance of meeting some actual nice people.

BunkaOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BunkaOne
americans suck mainly, sorry guys but thats my experience. have played some cool guys old and young most sounded like they were from Texas. But otherwise it's grueling. I don't play 'ranked' matches becuase of this now. I found a bunch of friends who don't glitch or carry on like fools to play. I always get about 6 friends online when I want to play so I'm happy. As soon as you find someone in the UK add them to your friend list and follow them to find some more UK players. Good luck :)
BunkaOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BunkaOne
double post :) BTW you can always mute the d!cks
Stuck_Pig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Stuck_Pig
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
There's nothing quite like generalizing an entire country in one sentence. Cheers to the perfect Brits.
After_Math

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 After_Math
Member since 2007 • 975 Posts
Most americans do act like jerks, I am one too. Btw, america isn't like that. Other games are better, like Shadowrun, that game has a nice community. I'm afraid most online games are like this, and not just Americans are D!CKS, I've meant UKers, Mexicans, etc. who are really annoying.
littleman1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 littleman1992
Member since 2004 • 1727 Posts
So your from the UK? Heh, alot of Americans don't like anybody who sounds like there from the UK.....
Benny_is_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 Benny_is_here
Member since 2004 • 10084 Posts
Some people are nice and polite, while others love the fact that they can say whatever they want and not have to face you in real life. That's why I like to put on my music and ignore the voices sometimes...
jkennedy791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jkennedy791
Member since 2003 • 131 Posts
Just wait until later at night once all the 10 year olds get off.GTFan712
kaisermpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kaisermpr
Member since 2003 • 419 Posts
The funny thing is some of the people on this topic are one of em,.... Maybe.
mindz2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 mindz2004
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

unfortunately there is a lot of pr!cks on live, you should try playing cod3 online LOL

gets tiring after a bit the whole "we won world war 2" etc etc :roll:

honestly if they chat **** on gears , change your game session or jus tell em to stfu and suck eggs

TD7007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#28 TD7007
Member since 2007 • 96 Posts
ive met people from other countries who were nice, ive met people from america who were nice, ive met people from other countries who were dicks, ive met people from america who were dicks, so its not really fair to put america into one catagory and say we're all aholes...oh and ive had XBL for about a month and i learned to just ignore it and shut them up by doing better than them in the game
--Wolf--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 --Wolf--
Member since 2004 • 6786 Posts

I stopped reading at Gears of War.

What did you expect? Only what, 8 - 12 year olds play that now.

jkennedy791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jkennedy791
Member since 2003 • 131 Posts

Only what, 8 - 12 year olds play that now.

--Wolf--
Sad thing is they're starting to migrate to Bomberman...
mindz2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 mindz2004
Member since 2004 • 250 Posts

[QUOTE="--Wolf--"]

jkennedy791

Sad thing is they're starting to migrate to Bomberman...

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!

pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts
lol unlucky. hmmm people that play gears online tend to be quite the opposite to mature lol try playing rainbow6 vegas online, people tend to be older with that game
pete_merlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pete_merlin
Member since 2007 • 6098 Posts

if they migrate to bomberman thats gonna suck! its so annoying! they are supposed to be 13 or older to play online but ive played so many kids or 10 year olds and it piss' me off!

uberchrislol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 uberchrislol
Member since 2007 • 218 Posts
Just had an idea, XBL should have give you an option to only match up with people of similar age to you.
guitboxdude25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 guitboxdude25
Member since 2006 • 2120 Posts
yepp.first time i got on xbl,put in a game of gears of war,it was a little laggy,and i was a little new to the subject,and i got every racial slur in the book,plus some thing i havent even heard before.main reason why i didnt go for the gold service
angryfodder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 angryfodder
Member since 2007 • 20490 Posts

Xbox live needs gears - its like a little kid zoo- its keeps them all in one place.

A few of them are starting to break out of the zoo and invade BF2 and rainbox 6 vega's - but when halo 3 gets released the problem should be solved

Aaron89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Aaron89
Member since 2003 • 3377 Posts

americans suck mainly, sorry guys but thats my experience. have played some cool guys old and young most sounded like they were from Texas. But otherwise it's grueling. I don't play 'ranked' matches becuase of this now. I found a bunch of friends who don't glitch or carry on like fools to play. I always get about 6 friends online when I want to play so I'm happy. As soon as you find someone in the UK add them to your friend list and follow them to find some more UK players. Good luck :)BunkaOne

Wow, our experiences differ. I find UK'ers to be the most rude and vulgar on XBL, not Americans or Canadians. Sure there will be arses, but I find the odds of finding an extremely foul mouth European is more likely (especially during morning hours). Most of them just contanstly swear, and the funny thing is, I can't understand them. Also, they can't take being beaten.

I currently have 0 UK friends on my list, and it doesn't seem to be changing.

kaisermpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 kaisermpr
Member since 2003 • 419 Posts
Everyone together, whether American, European, whatever, is just as nice and mean as one another. So don't blame it on a group of people. People as a whole don't deserve bad rep, which starts all the hate in the first place. If everyone says its the UK's fault, everyone just yells at them and calls them names. So don't blame a country and make everyone believe it is always them.
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
wow....another xbox live topic evolved into "your country has more douches on live than my country" debate....what a surprise.:roll:
ski11buzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ski11buzz
Member since 2003 • 2117 Posts

Play with Europeans, and stay away from Yanks 14 years and younger, 90% of them are idiots.

When u get in a server like that, quit, find a new game, that way u got a bigger chance of meeting some actual nice people.

sebbi11

im 14 and i never act like an idiot online. not only is it annoying as hell, but people who do act like @$$ holes will NEVER say that to your face and mean it. take CS for instance