Skyrim or Max Payne 3?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Typical360Gamer (69 posts) -

So I'm already completely finished and bored of all of the popular recently released games, and I'm going out in a couple of days to pick up an oldie. I've brought my choices down to two, Skyrim and Max Payne 3. I owned Skyrim on the PS3 before it broke down and I went back to Xbox, and enjoyed it a lot. I did finish the main story quests and a bunch of the side story quests so there most likely won't be anything new to me if I purchase it again. Then again, I loved Skyrim but did use a few glitches to my advantage which did take away some of the experience. It would be good to do it all again without 'cheating'. However, I have never played Max Payne 3 before and I am a HUGE Rockstar Games fan. The single player looks amazing and the multiplayer does look enjoyable, but does anybody still play it?

Personally I think Skyrim would last me a hell of a lot longer than Max Payne 3 before getting bored once again, but I have already played Skyrim before. It is a tough decision for me and I would like to know what you guys think :)

#2 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

Go with Skyrim, or even both. They aren't much at this point I don't think.

#3 Posted by a55a55inx (4188 posts) -
Max Payne 3 has a great single player campaign. Excellent gun-play, and the story is told in an interesting way. Unfortunately, the multiplayer is bland and not something I would recommend...so you'll probably run through the campaign 2-3 times then get tired of the game.
#4 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18418 posts) -
Skyrim, a game has never sucked me into it's world for so long. Fantastic game which even now still makes me want to jump back in and the only thing holding me back is my desire to get through some of my backlog games.. then, almost a year after I stopped playing, I'll return to the amazing world of Skyrim for more of gamings greatest.
#5 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I would by Skyrim over Max Payne 3 any day.

#6 Posted by V4LENT1NE (12895 posts) -
I would say try to get them both, they are awesome in their own right.
#7 Posted by Matthew-first (3012 posts) -

different genre ... but max payne, it has a long story... 2 cds :P

#8 Posted by monson21502 (8107 posts) -

Go with Skyrim, or even both. They aren't much at this point I don't think.

Blueresident87
i just got skyrim used for 12 bucks. havent got a chance to play it yet though
#9 Posted by Granny_Spanked (1326 posts) -
Well if you had skyrim on the ps3 then you haven't played the dlc for skyrim. Dragonborn and dawnguard are options you didn't have before, I would honestly buy skyrim and rent Max Payne 3, because max payne 3 is still a great game, but has no replay value.
#10 Posted by valium88 (4455 posts) -

Skyrim. I've invested almost 600 hours into that game, and still love it. A little tired now though....

#11 Posted by MercenaryMafia (2917 posts) -
Skyrim
#12 Posted by Typical360Gamer (69 posts) -

Thanks for the opinions guys, going to go with Skyrim and purchase the downloadable content. Thanks :)

#13 Posted by boredom_kills (190 posts) -

Skyrim, a game has never sucked me into it's world for so long. Fantastic game which even now still makes me want to jump back in and the only thing holding me back is my desire to get through some of my backlog games.. then, almost a year after I stopped playing, I'll return to the amazing world of Skyrim for more of gamings greatest.Rattlesnake_8

^^ THIS. ^^ I think a lot of Skyrim players can relate to this.

#14 Posted by sukraj (23975 posts) -

Skyrim

#15 Posted by CTR360 (7388 posts) -
skyrim
#16 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Skyrim by far.

#18 Posted by NirdBerd (2116 posts) -

2 different games, both good. I can't say

#19 Posted by Jeremy473 (4 posts) -
Max payne is great but for your money skyrim for the win. I almost feel as i ripped them off when paying 60 dollar for the game and having 600 plus hours into it. Get skyrim, it has 3 dlcs out already to add to the fun. Dragonborn I have 30 hours into, I got new weapon types, armor types and tons of cool stuff. I got boots that walk on water, plus some great shouts.
#20 Posted by _TheJoker_ (6013 posts) -

different genre ... but max payne, it has a long story... 2 cds :P

Matthew-first

And yet, Skyrim is much much longer. More CDs doesn't mean longer game you know...

#21 Posted by Dexter-010 (494 posts) -
Skyrim