Skyrim help please? (The game forums are dead)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shairoo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 shairoo11
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts

Hi,

I had skyrim for a long time (Since january 2012) but never finished it because I never got into it. Now I've started playing again but the thing is that I'm too weak to do any quest or even walk around to explore the beautiful world. I'm level 10 and have iron armour and Nord long sword. I'm at the quest where I have to help this guy from the Markanth city to go into a cave and find something that has to do with those gypsies who always attack you and have the flame (destruction) magic. I everytime I go to do my quest, I get attacked by a frost dragon or a blood dragon out of nowhere and I die. I only have 2 dragon souls.

I don't know what to do, I really like skyrim and Want to finish it an enjoy it but these inconveniences are making me hate the game. Should I just cocentrate on the main quest and finish the game and then do side questions and explore the caves?

I have no potions, no nothing.

Please any help would be appreciated.

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

Some quests are too hard until you build up your character, avoid them.  I remember having a hard time at first because I wanted to "open world" instead of taking some of the build-up quests.  I restarted and got my character all bad ass.....

Oh and... sneek all the time in caves.  It builds up your stealth attibute in a hurry.

BLaverock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 BLaverock
Member since 2013 • 71 Posts

Markath is quite far away from your starting area. I would suggest questing around your starting area and slowly branching out. I spent most of my early levels exploring, and came across loads of nearby quests--always finding new areas to explore and level in. Additionally, in most areas the level of enemies present is usually based on the player's level, so it might also be how you're spending your perks. You have chosen a two-handed weapon, I think, which means your block is limited and you'll take a lot of damage in combat until you get your damage up. Potions are harder to come by than food, so stock up on food! Whenever you're low on healthy, gorge yourself lol 

In my first play through I specialized in archery, sneak, and wore light armour. When I got to a higher level, I started specializing in melee weapons and magic, and it was way easier to level it up since I was much stronger. I wasn't even close to beating the game by the time I hit 100 on archery because I focused on the side quests--and there's A LOT! Hope that helps, and good luck!!!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts
Don't Bother, Its just not worth the hassle.
Avatar image for RaptureSongbird
RaptureSongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RaptureSongbird
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
You can alter the games difficulty level via the pause menu if you are really desperate to get past the part you're stuck on. Just knock it down a level or two while you get past that part and then put it back up to where it was. Don't be tempted to do this too often though, takes all of the fun and challenge out of the game if you do.
commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

Use sneaking, upgrade the sneak tree with the assasins blade

get the gloves and boots from the dark brotherhood

use light armor and a bow.

Upgrade your smithing and alchemy as much as you can

enchant an amulet, ring, hat (or helmet) and gloves (or braces) with fortify alchemy and wear them while making potions.

Use the muffle spell a lot, use conjuration.

Ian-Cognito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ian-Cognito
Member since 2009 • 46 Posts

Don't Bother, Its just not worth the hassle.Lulu_Lulu

Similar to reading your post then...

shairoo11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 shairoo11
Member since 2007 • 196 Posts

So you guys mean that I should just forget about the main quest, where i'm stuck becasue i'm too weak and just go to the place where we start and level up? But how do we get new armour and all? This game is hard if you don't have the money or armour and you're weak.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

So you guys mean that I should just forget about the main quest, where i'm stuck becasue i'm too weak and just go to the place where we start and level up? But how do we get new armour and all? This game is hard if you don't have the money or armour and you're weak.

shairoo11
Start stealing
Witchsight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Witchsight
Member since 2004 • 12145 Posts
Ive never really heard of someone getting stuck in Skyrim... You can opt out of almost any quest, explore to your hearts content, and steal whatever you need. Dont beat your head against a wall, just try something else and come back to that quest later when youre ready for it. And you can run away from Dragons... Believe me, sometimes all I want to do is fight them and they ignore me. :(
jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

shairoo11

Sure, I had to walk away from some main quest stuff at times.  It's kinda nice when you go back to it with all your MAD SKILLZ!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu

[QUOTE="Lulu_Lulu"]Don't Bother, Its just not worth the hassle.Ian-Cognito

Similar to reading your post then...

Indeed, similar to ready my- . . . . . . Whoops, you almost had me there.
Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lulu_Lulu

shairoo11
Any game that road blocks you like isn't worth it, they gotta balance that stuff. I miss the days when characters were ready for anything whenever they entered the room.