Skype to replace Xbox LIVE chat next gen

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ChiefFreeman (5582 posts) -

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/rumor-microsoft-to-replace-xbox-live-chat-with-skype-for-next-generation/

sounds interesting.

#2 Posted by MW2ismygame (2183 posts) -

just sounds like another reason for MS to bit*h about having to charge for live , and extra account/sign in process and another way for them to jam even MORE ads down our throats.

No thanks.

#3 Posted by BombingSystems (140 posts) -

I use skype a lot.. this will be a pretty cool feature imo

#4 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

I don't use chat really...I wouldn't use Skype even more so...

#5 Posted by V4LENT1NE (12895 posts) -
I just hope they improve the quality of the chat, its so poor compared to the sound quality of something like Vent on PC.
#6 Posted by xgraderx (2395 posts) -

I dont know anything about skype.How would this change the chat on Live,Is it better in any way?Would this give party chat a higher limit?

#7 Posted by a55a55inx (4188 posts) -
Might actually be pretty cool. We would no longer be limited to talking to people on xbox; we may be able to invite people who are on a computer into the chat party. Could be an alternative to using a phone etc...
#8 Posted by Gen007 (10955 posts) -

That makes sense since MS owns it now. Its actually something they probably would have did in the first place if they had owned skype back when the 360 first came out.

#9 Posted by Gen007 (10955 posts) -

I just hope they improve the quality of the chat, its so poor compared to the sound quality of something like Vent on PC.V4LENT1NE

Doesn't ventrillo use servers though. I think they did an amazing job when you have to rely on p2p connections to create 8 person parties while still playing games online and what not.