Should I worry about my 360?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

miladesn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 miladesn2
Member since 2005 • 933 Posts

I bought my first 360 earlier this year, it's a 20gb model with MFR date 2008-02-28 so I think it has falcon mobo.

The problem is after playing for 2-3 hours the back of the console is not so warm and the air that comes out is cold, the sides of box are warm, Does the cooling system work as intended or my box will RROD soon? everything work fine right now, no artifacts on screen etc.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
Unless you have freezing, or another big sign...you're just freaking out for nothing. Sounds like it's fine to me.
Dexz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Dexz
Member since 2003 • 94 Posts

just take it easy dude.. I got mine a week ago and it gets "kinda" hot to. I don't think its any point to go around and be nervous since all the time worrying is just wasted.

If it happends it happends and you just suck it up, leave it for repairs and go on.

Avatar image for a_beautiful_lie
a_beautiful_lie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 a_beautiful_lie
Member since 2003 • 507 Posts
I wouldn't be overly concerned. As long as there is ventilation you should be fine. You could try blowing it out with some compressed air.
Mysterypoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mysterypoo
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
just make sure that your Xbox is laying on its side and not standing so that it's main vent isn't covered and your in a room that doesnt get too hot and you should be good to go.
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts

I bought my first 360 earlier this year, it's a 20gb model with MFR date 2008-02-28 so I think it has falcon mobo.

The problem is after playing for 2-3 hours the back of the console is not so warm and the air that comes out is cold, the sides of box are warm, Does the cooling system work as intended or my box will RROD soon? everything work fine right now, no artifacts on screen etc.

miladesn2

Wait are you saying that your console is not warm and cool air is coming out of it? if so, I think thats a good sign.

Vashn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vashn
Member since 2008 • 1416 Posts
My box is always like on fire lol
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts

miladesn2

Also if you really want to know if your console is a Falcon check this site

http://my-xbox360.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-know-recognized-xbox360-falcon.html

or look at your power cord and it should say 175W instead of 203W.

Sins-of-Mosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Sins-of-Mosin
Member since 2008 • 3855 Posts
I have central air and it's on a normal setting. I don't worry about my 360 since I don't have it enclosed within a tv stand or such. Fact is it'll get warm but as long as the fans keep pushing air out, your good.
ebookerd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 ebookerd1
Member since 2003 • 1076 Posts
you are hallucinating your fine. You should be more conserned about the moon coliding about the earth that is something to really worry about. besides it is not like you will have to pay for repairs or shipping for that matter!
vxspartan117xv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 vxspartan117xv
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

just take it easy dude.. I got mine a week ago and it gets "kinda" hot to. I don't think its any point to go around and be nervous since all the time worrying is just wasted.

If it happends it happends and you just suck it up, leave it for repairs and go on.

Dexz

wow this shows how much you read a post......he said his xbox was getting cold not warm

anyway i think its fine

Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

If you have the console horizontal with the disc tray towards you, the sides will feel cold because it is pulling cool air from the room into the console. The heat is then pulled out the back of the console by the case fans inside. So just because the sides feel cool does not mean the console is not making heat. The vent holes at the back, near where the power and video cables plug in, is where the hot air will be pumping out of the console.

If you have a console that is making cold air all round then you probably have the worlds first cold 360!!

miladesn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 miladesn2
Member since 2005 • 933 Posts

If you have the console horizontal with the disc tray towards you, the sides will feel cold because it is pulling cool air from the room into the console. The heat is then pulled out the back of the console by the case fans inside. So just because the sides feel cool does not mean the console is not making heat. The vent holes at the back, near where the power and video cables plug in, is where the hot air will be pumping out of the console.

If you have a console that is making cold air all round then you probably have the worlds first cold 360!!

Avenger1324

The cold air comes out of the rear vent where power cord is located and the vent it self is not warm at all, console is placed vertically on a desk and there is nothing else around it, room temp is about 27'c, It should be fine , I've been a laptop user for a long time and those thing get sooo hot I though something is wrong with this box.

@julianwelton: Power brick is 175watt and my box has TEAM FDOU and LOT 0809 so it must be falcon.