joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

So after watching e3 ive decided that halo 5 is a definate purchase. I didnt have a 360 or original xbox so ive never played previous games.

I doubt id have time to get through the mcc before gaurdians is released but will I be lost plot wise if I jump straight in at 5?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

If you can, yes you should...it will help you understand the story and characters better. I don't think you will be lost without MCC, but I think you will enjoy the campaign story more in Halo 5 if you know the Lore better.

MCC also comes with the Nightfall miniseries, which develops one of the major characters from Halo 5.

If you are getting Halo 5 just for the multiplayer, then maybe you don't really need to play MCC first.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

Hell, I played tons of Halo and the plot always evaded me for years. However, playing them back to back in the Master Chief Collection, makes much more sense. And yes, you should play the MCC not just to understand the basic Halo plot, they're just fun games overall. I'd also suggest picking up ODST add-on for $5, well worth it.

DeathLordCrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4 DeathLordCrime
Member since 2014 • 893 Posts

Did they even fix MCC

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@deathlordcrime said:

Did they even fix MCC

I think there's still a couple of issues with MP (from what I've read/heard), but the campaigns have been fine all along.

And yes, I think you should definitely play through them to get the full impact of the story in H5.

gamepop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gamepop
Member since 2015 • 19 Posts

Halo is a great series. Gals to see new people interested. See you in the halo 5 battlefield spartans.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: I'd hope so, because I've still heard reports of people losing their game saves and other glitches in the campaign modes. It's the only thing stopping me from picking it up.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

@hrt_rulz01: I'd hope so, because I've still heard reports of people losing their game saves and other glitches in the campaign modes. It's the only thing stopping me from picking it up.

Really? Are these glitches even after the most recent patches? Because I've played through all the campaigns (plus Halo CE a second time and ODST), without a problem. Maybe I was lucky... but I wouldn't let it stop you from buying it.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 John_of_Rivia
Member since 2015 • 232 Posts

I'll be honest, the MCC is certainly worth it. However, you can also go on YouTube and watch all of the cutscenes of each game if story is all you're concerned about. It's certainly not the same experience and the multiplayer is certainly something worth a try, but this is a way to get a backstory on everything.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@BattleSpectre said:

Really? Are these glitches even after the most recent patches? Because I've played through all the campaigns (plus Halo CE a second time and ODST), without a problem. Maybe I was lucky... but I wouldn't let it stop you from buying it.

Thanks for the update, I think I've waited long enough - I'll pick it up soon because I need to refresh myself on the story.

Sanch5375

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sanch5375
Member since 2015 • 36 Posts

I was sceptical about buying the MCC because I've played all of the games prior, but playing them back to back for the story line is awesome. All amazing games and well worth the purchase of MCC

Transk53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Transk53
Member since 2015 • 564 Posts

Do the earlier titles still look like they are aged? I imagine there was only so much MS could do to polish them up. Going to buy the pack tonight. Heard quite a lot stories from gamers I know that played through the series. One has intrigued me big time, but will be fun finding out.