should I get X box one this Christmas?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

benny_boy98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 benny_boy98
Member since 2015 • 485 Posts

So i have a ps4 now, but I grew up with the xbox and starting to miss my child hood console, so I was going to get one for Christmas so I was wondering is it worth it? Or should I wait till a slim is a announced. I just don't want to buy it and then a slim get announced and miss out on that.

slim70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By slim70
Member since 2005 • 768 Posts

Did you not watch E3?

-Backwards compatibility with 360 over 100 titles by Christmas with more being constantly added.

-Tomb Raider (2015)

-Fable: Legends (2015)

-Forza 6 (2015)

-Halo 5 (2015)

-ReCore

-Sea of Thieves

-Gears of War 4

-Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (2015)

-Rare Replay (2015)

-Gigantic (2015)

---------------------------Gamescon

-Scalebound,

-Crackdown 3

-Quantum Break

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#3  Edited By mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

Of course were going to tell you too buy an Xbox One lol. But honestly, it is a great system. A system that doesn't get enough recognition for the better, because in a way its still a scapegoat to the gaming community.

If you grew up an Xbox fan, I don't see why you wouldn't buy one if the games appeal to you of course. If you want a Slim maybe next year at E3 would be my guess.

amyh7292

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 amyh7292
Member since 2015 • 324 Posts

Exclusives are cool and all, but in general same generation consoles (PS3 and Xbox 360/ PS4 and XBox One) share 70-80% of the same titles. I personally don't think having both is necessary, but if it's a gift for christmas and not your own money, or you have the cash to blow, then why not. I'm sure by then you can get an awesome deal on one on Ebay

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56427 Posts

should I get X box one this Christmas?

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22416 Posts

@amyh7292 said:

Exclusives are cool and all, but in general same generation consoles (PS3 and Xbox 360/ PS4 and XBox One) share 70-80% of the same titles. I personally don't think having both is necessary, but if it's a gift for christmas and not your own money, or you have the cash to blow, then why not. I'm sure by then you can get an awesome deal on one on Ebay

Yeah I personally don't think it's worth having both, but if you really want the Xbox exclusives, then it's probably worth it for you. And don't listen to what a lot of people say about it, it's a great console.

david61983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By david61983
Member since 2013 • 288 Posts

Why not just get it now? I picked up the AC bundle with 2 wireless controllers, the Witcher 3, and 3 months of Gold all for $349 shipped earlier today. If Amazon offers that deal again I'd jump on it.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@amyh7292 said:

Yeah I personally don't think it's worth having both, but if you really want the Xbox exclusives, then it's probably worth it for you. And don't listen to what a lot of people say about it, it's a great console.

You'll miss out on big exclusives on both consoles if you only stick to one. For example I was never going to get an Xbox One and stick with my PS4 (because of that DRM crap they tried to pull on us) but when they reversed that I went out and bought an XB1 Day One edition console. If I didn't have an XB1 I wouldn't be able to play Tomb Raider, Gears, Halo, Forza and all the other awesome exclusives announced at E3.

Same thing with the PS4, if I didn't have one and only stuck with an XB1 I wouldn't be able to play The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky, Until Dawn, Ratchet and Clank, God of War, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn and not to mention other awesome exclusives that will be coming out. Now yes it's true, everyone has different tastes and not everyone needs both consoles... but for me it's absolutely necessary to own both as both systems have exclusive games I want.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 John_of_Rivia
Member since 2015 • 232 Posts

Well is it your money or a gift? If it's a gift, absolutely. Cant see why not. If its your money (and you want it this christmas), look at the games for the X1 and PS4. See if they offer what you want. I'd say now is a good time to get an X1.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hrt_rulz01

@BattleSpectre said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@amyh7292 said:

You'll miss out on big exclusives on both consoles if you only stick to one. For example I was never going to get an Xbox One and stick with my PS4 (because of that DRM crap they tried to pull on us) but when they reversed that I went out and bought an XB1 Day One edition console. If I didn't have an XB1 I wouldn't be able to play Tomb Raider, Gears, Halo, Forza and all the other awesome exclusives announced at E3.

Same thing with the PS4, if I didn't have one and only stuck with an XB1 I wouldn't be able to play The Last Guardian, Uncharted 4, No Man's Sky, Until Dawn, Ratchet and Clank, God of War, Bloodborne, Horizon Zero Dawn and not to mention other awesome exclusives that will be coming out. Now yes it's true, everyone has different tastes and not everyone needs both consoles... but for me it's absolutely necessary to own both as both systems have exclusive games I want.

Yeah I know you'll miss out on a few games by only having one... but for me personally, it's still not worth it. Maybe if I had more time, it might be worth owning both.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Ahh time =[, I'm jealous of those on YouTube who make a living just by playing video games.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hrt_rulz01

@BattleSpectre said:

@hrt_rulz01: Ahh time =[, I'm jealous of those on YouTube who make a living just by playing video games.

Lol yeah how awesome would it be!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

If the XB1 games appeal to you then I would get one but its up to you only you can make that choice.