Should i get Devil May cry 4 or hold out for Ninja Gaiden 2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LSX_Suisyde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LSX_Suisyde
Member since 2007 • 379 Posts

^^topic^^

gweazel619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 gweazel619
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
get em both but definitely dont skip out on dmc4. regardless of what people say about the demo the FULL game is always amazing with the upgradable stuff and mega bosses.
fiercedeity901

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 fiercedeity901
Member since 2005 • 6291 Posts
DMC4...considering all the styles in this game and how u can change them on the fly...this game will be just as deep, if not deeper than NG2 oh IMO dante >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ryu...no doubt, lol and if it's graphics ur worried about...well, NG2, doesn't look that good, it looks good enough for me, but i think DMC4 wins in that story wise, i think DMC4 will win again...it just looks like it has an interesting story idk...i love DMC more than NG...this coming from someone who played an beat NG first before heading into the DMC series...DMC just has alot more to offer for me and DMC4 is coming out like next week...so go for that
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#4 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
^ agreed, get both, both will be great hack n slash action action games.
gweazel619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 gweazel619
also 1up.com has some good reads about dmc4 and will continue to update all week to get people hyped. :D
lazybone187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 lazybone187
Member since 2007 • 283 Posts
well if your not a big fan of DMC get it u wont be dissapointed this game will hold u busy till ninja gaiden 2
KidCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KidCatalyst
Member since 2006 • 71 Posts
im definitely gonna have to say get both, im a huge fan of both the ninja gaiden and devil may cry series, you got quite a bit of time till ninja gaiden 2 comes out anyway. and despite the fact that i definitely cant wait to get dmc 4 , if you've read about the things that they plan to add to ninja gaiden i think that is gonna be the hardcore gamers' main event
Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ironre5
Member since 2008 • 1164 Posts

rent both of them, im pretty sure you wont play over those games more than 3 times, plus theyre not at the level of qulaity as bioshock, which even though it didnt have a high level of replayability, its excellence still warranted a purchase....dont get dms4 or ninja gaiden 2, save your money for fable 2, fallout 3, brutal legend, and other great games....

chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts
Do like me, get both.
grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts

rent both of them, im pretty sure you wont play over those games more than 3 times, plus theyre not at the level of qulaity as bioshock, which even though it didnt have a high level of replayability, its excellence still warranted a purchase....dont get dms4 or ninja gaiden 2, save your money for fable 2, fallout 3, brutal legend, and other great games....

Ironre5

i see your piont, but you cant really compare those games to each other. and replay DMC4 or NG2 3 times? if your going to do that then i say buy it.

Avatar image for SentryGunner411
SentryGunner411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 SentryGunner411
Member since 2007 • 1047 Posts

Ninja Gaiden 2?

No Official release date. I'm thinking 2009

KidCatalyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KidCatalyst
Member since 2006 • 71 Posts

Ironre5

how bout nobody listens to that advice

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Being able to have Devil May Cry 4 on the Xbox 360 is a treat. You just dont get that ever so often, if any at all. So, I'm looking foward to DMC4. To be fair, I'll try out the demo first and if it's great, I'll definitely pick it up. And oh yes, the big boss fights are totally my thing. I love big boss fights. I especially love that demon from hell looking one. He's one badass. As for Ninja Gaiden 2, the graphics are nothing to brag about. Most likely, I'll pass on this one.
ShakoStud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ShakoStud
ninja gaiden 2...WTF...
xBox360holic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xBox360holic
Member since 2008 • 90 Posts

get DMC 4 and then save money for ninja gaiden 2:P

gweazel619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gweazel619

get DMC 4 and then save money for ninja gaiden 2:P

xBox360holic

yeah seriously by the time ninja gaiden 2 comes out im sure youll have the extra 60 to drop on another quality title

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
I reserved Devil May Cry 4 today :)
Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Ironre5
[QUOTE="Ironre5"]

KidCatalyst

how bout nobody listens to that advice

why not..the way i see it, is that there are better games coming out in 2008 than those two...and im pretty sure the TC either has a job, or is in school, plus if the TC has the money to buy all those games, then go ahead and be my guest, but if your on a budget, then id say rent them...they really arent exceptional, NG2 maybe id say buy, but DMC4 dont, just rent it, the only good DMC was 1 and 2...3 sucked, the formula has worn out, buy it if you want, and get disappointed..what do i care..im just trying to give youll some good advice..you dont wanna take it then thats your problem.....

Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
I never really got into Ninja Gaiden. I don't like alot of things about it for random reasons. I don't like the C-Grade anime storyline, I can't stand the art style Team Ninja uses for some reason, and I just feel DMC's gameplay is so much smooter and faster paced while still being difficult without being so hard it becomes a chore to play.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

Im getting them both. but if NG2 were to be released at the same time as DMC, I would get NG first.

just because I like it more. gameplay is smoother and it doesnt feel like a button masher even tho it is(talking about NG on xbox). IZUNA DROP FTW! lol.

and I prefer Ryu over Dante any day. sure DAnte is more badass, but Ryu is more the silent typed hero:P

kostas360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 kostas360
Member since 2007 • 67 Posts

I never really got into Ninja Gaiden. I don't like alot of things about it for random reasons. I don't like the C-Grade anime storyline, I can't stand the art style Team Ninja uses for some reason, and I just feel DMC's gameplay is so much smooter and faster paced while still being difficult without being so hard it becomes a chore to play.Ket87

DMC fster paced than NG?? U r mad, right? Either that, or u never managed to use Ryu in his full capacity. I LOVE both games, but NG is a game for skill players only, u cannot gat away with random button mashing. DMC would also reward skillfull play, but for NG this was the only way u would survive, especially on harder difficulty.

This comes from someone that bought all DMC and played through 1 and 3 about 50 times (no joke), and played NG for 2 YEARS, finished it on all difficulty settings!! Trust me i know what im saying.

To the TC: Buy both, if u like these sort of games u cant go wrong.

Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#22 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Get both, but if you can't. I would go for DMC4, IMO
Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ironre5
well you guys are idiots....i wud never buy dmc4...the devil mary cry series is getting too old for comfort...considering that dmc3 was a huge failure..i wud never buy dmc4....plus ninja gaiden 2 has majic and super powers and stuff, so id go with ninja gaiden 2, plus its a microsoft exclusive franchise....considering that the original Ninja gaiden came out only on the xbox, and part 2 is coming out only on the 360...the first one was a timed exclusive, but it only came out 2 years later....dont buy dmc4 ..it is crap...the demo sucked too....
tommcruise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tommcruise
Member since 2007 • 719 Posts
I believe both are to be released about the same time... get both. NG2 will be better than NGSigma... and I loved NGSigma. DMC4 is well... a DMC game. Nuff said. NG2 is one of the few reasons I would keep my xbox.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#25 deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts
I would say get DMC4 firt and but if you really like both of the games then get both.
butteman12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 butteman12
Member since 2005 • 2726 Posts

if you can only get one, NG2 is the way to go...

NG2: Better graphics (and still getting developed) than DMC4

Storywise: DMC4 EASILY

Gameplay: NG2 is gonna be better because its so fast and cool whereas DMC4 is a little slower.