should i get a 360 if i wont play online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hsj_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hsj_gamer
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts
topic, thanks for the comments
Its_Tea_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Its_Tea_Time
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Other than being short on money, why wouldn't you play online? You would be missing out on a lot of fun and downloadable content. But to answer your question, yes you should. In my opinion, the Xbox 360 has the largest number of good single player games, such as Bioshock, Mass Effect, Assassin's Creed, and many more.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

Well, it won't be the same, it will lose a lot but the 360 has some pretty solid solo games like Bioshock, Dead Rising, Condemned, Assassin's Creed...

Anyway, if I were you, I'd 1 less game per year just to get live, your games will last longer.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts
To be completely honest, I haven't played online since Halo 3 (damn you WoW!!!) but I'll renew my subscription once it's over.
llSapphyrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#5 llSapphyrell
Member since 2007 • 805 Posts

bro take my word for it.... Xbox 360 is #1... it's elite...

it's an expensive passtime bro, but it's worth it..

Sykoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sykoh
Member since 2007 • 1177 Posts

To be completely honest, I haven't played online since Halo 3 (damn you WoW!!!) but I'll renew my subscription once it's over._TheJoker_

Haha been there, done that. WoW sucked me in for 2 years. Seriously, it's like a frikin drug! Thankfully the expansion turned me off to the game cureing my addiction.

pittongkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 pittongkid
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts
Never played online, I say its still very worth it and still the best next-gen system to date. It's all about the game it offers and the 360 has lots of it. XBL and mp is just a bonus factor, the 360 CAN and WILL live even without it.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

I love my 360, and the only game I regularily play online is UNO, so, there you go,

it's well worth it.

1blackhearted1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 1blackhearted1
Member since 2005 • 708 Posts

I've had Live since it started & really only use it for demos - both the xbox conseles are good enough to stand alone. But just remember you'll be missing a lot of great FREE downloads & updates.

angelfly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 angelfly
Member since 2003 • 4494 Posts
I don't care for online gaming and I'm really enjoying it.
Avatar image for master-renagade
master-renagade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 master-renagade
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts
im not on live (yet) but i have had a great time with my 360, 21 months of pure offline gaming pleasure.
Pump_man44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 Pump_man44
Member since 2007 • 991 Posts

bro take my word for it.... Xbox 360 is #1... it's elite...

it's an expensive passtime bro, but it's worth it..

llSapphyrell

Yeah dont get sony they are new at the live thingy.

dubya05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dubya05
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts
Agreeing with a poster above, it's not necessary to play online, but I would suggest that you at least give it a try. You get so much more value out of a game if you play online. I personally wouldn't have bought Halo 3 had it not been for the multiplayer. At least buy a months worth it's less than 8 bucks, and give it a try, your games will be so much more enjoyable. Otherwise still feel free to try out games like Bioshock, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, The Darkness, and at least rent Call of Duty 4 (The single player experience is great, just a little short if it's the only reason you're buying it.)
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Believe it or not some people still can't get broadband thanks tojerk companies that don't think it's cost-effective to add it to some places outside of big cities. I can still get satellite internet and lag everybody out when I play, I might just do that out of spite he he.

I don't play online either yet but I love the 360 because my computer can't play the newer games. It's still worth a purchase imo.

Pump_man44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pump_man44

lag everybody out when I playBigboi500

Samehere but i'm australian and we allways have bad connections

delta4062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 delta4062
Member since 2007 • 895 Posts
Never played online, I say its still very worth it and still the best next-gen system to date. It's all about the game it offers and the 360 has lots of it. XBL and mp is just a bonus factor, the 360 CAN and WILL live even without it.pittongkid
your funny i cant stop laughing at your 360 best next gen console LOL everybdy knows its a piece of crap
azorath44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 azorath44
Member since 2005 • 328 Posts
theirs a few good single player games but without xbl i would regret gettingmy 360
Pump_man44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pump_man44

[QUOTE="pittongkid"]Never played online, I say its still very worth it and still the best next-gen system to date. It's all about the game it offers and the 360 has lots of it. XBL and mp is just a bonus factor, the 360 CAN and WILL live even without it.delta4062
your funny i cant stop laughing at your 360 best next gen console LOL everybdy knows its a piece of crap

PS3 fan?

RobC20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RobC20
Member since 2007 • 159 Posts
yup hes a ps3 fan! i suppose he likes xbox360 cause he went to the forum, xbox 360 fans dont goto ps3 forums cause theres nothing special there, all they talk about id BLUE RAY BORRRIIINNNNGGGG
jamppa-80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 jamppa-80
Member since 2006 • 36 Posts

i have ps3 and xbox360 if i think those without inthernet haha then i would buy psp cos what idea they make those console´s working online and if i just play games offline that dont last long like cod4 prize is 67euro and i finish campain about 7 hour so without inthernet i would cry haha! i have been playing cod4 online 2 weeks and i love it,same goes with ps3 its too high prize just dvd/gaming console without oline but this is my just opinion and its easy try games before buying! they put there demos pretty fast so its nice try before buy ps3 games are high prize when comes out so i dont wanna buy game only cos have seen pictures or trailer!

online gives many hour more those short games and its fun play online with friends and if u dont have friends who have console u get many friends soon!thank u all and i hope this give something help

Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts
the 360 has huge solo games. but you are going to be missing out on great fun without online play. if not the 360 then go for the wii.
Jelle87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jelle87
Member since 2006 • 1333 Posts
Tried online, got bored, playing offline since half a year and still loving it. Just needs more offline co-op games. DAMN YOU CRACKDOWN :x
pittongkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pittongkid
Member since 2007 • 606 Posts

[QUOTE="pittongkid"]Never played online, I say its still very worth it and still the best next-gen system to date. It's all about the game it offers and the 360 has lots of it. XBL and mp is just a bonus factor, the 360 CAN and WILL live even without it.delta4062

Sigh...another fanboy bashing in here :D

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

yeah even if u dont go online its still great i was offline for a month before i took a go and was great/

but dont discount going online without at least using the free month trial first. thats what i did and ill never let it lapse now. for some games its like having 2 games on one disc.

ya can play online free,. just to do it have one gamercard for ur saved games 1 player. then everytime u want to get on free for 1 month. goto hotmail.com and make a new email address. then on ur xbox, make a new gamercard, register on live with ur new email address. then out the subscription offers choose SILVER then it sez ok ill give ya a month free on gold. then ur on for a whole month free on gold on that gamercard. when it runs out go back to hotmail and do it all again as many times as you like.

its also a good way if u play live over splitscreen to get a 2nd account for ur mates to play with the voice enabled as ya need a seperate live subscription for each voice chat player,. but with only 1 gold account only player one can use voice.

everyone who dont know remember the above ya can play continualy for free if ya tight or if ya run out and cant buy a new sub for a few day at least ya can sneek on for a bit or use it so ur friend can get on the mic without paying along side ur paid sub

when ya think of the above they really is no need to avoid being online just not to pay

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts
I rarely play online and it's worth it for me. So many people say the 360 isn't worth it if you don't play online, and while that may be true to them, I'm a single player gamer who very rarely plays online so it's not true for me. Try out games like Oblivion, BioShock, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Hitman, Test Drive Unlimited, PGR4, Dead Rising, Just Cause, Saints Row, Burnout, Smackdown, etc, and you'll get a humongous amount of play time. There's plenty of games for single player man, don't worry about it.
Wedge598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#26 Wedge598
Member since 2003 • 1263 Posts
I also play mostly offline. My internet connection for the XBox is through a shared connection on a computer in the same room. However that computer is not always on, nor do I want to have to turn it on to play my Xbox. So I use my online profile rarely to download a demo or get a game or system update. It is good to have at least a temporary online profile that you can use for updating your system but by and large I've found plenty of great single player games to play so far.
Gualoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gualoh
Member since 2007 • 297 Posts

I play my 360 alot offline. I have satellite and the internet connection blows chunks. Broadstar in Tomball, TX. Tbbthh.

360 has alot of grrreat single player games. Oblivion, Bioshock, Assassins Creed, Mass Effect. Even Gears of War has a cool, though short, campaign.

Avatar image for The_PumpkinKing
The_PumpkinKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_PumpkinKing
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
I don't care for online gaming and I'm really enjoying it. angelfly
Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
I haven't played online in 447 days but I still think the 360 is the best console I've ever owned. Even if you're a single player gamer like me you'll still want to connect your 360 to Live if you can. The Marketplace is awesome with it's game store, video store, game downloads and updates, etc.
fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#30 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts
yeah, even if you don't play online the 360 has the biggest selection of great games.
usule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 usule
Member since 2003 • 1734 Posts
how can people still don't play online...
LLCoolKo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 LLCoolKo
Member since 2005 • 794 Posts
A big reason why I am getting an XBOX 360 is to play online, would I buy it without playing online? Yes, because it is the best console to be released to date, as far as I am concerned.
celtic1962

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 125

#33 celtic1962
Member since 2004 • 13200 Posts
Definitely worth it. While the multiplayer opens up a lot more gameplay there's still a ton of great games to be enjoyed as a solo player. Oblivion, The Darkness, Condemned, Mass Effect, Call of Duty 2, Bioshock, The Orange Box, the list goes on and on ogf games that give you a great single player experience.
Avatar image for master-renagade
master-renagade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 master-renagade
Member since 2006 • 537 Posts

how can people still don't play online... usule

becuase some people might not like 8 year olds trying to sound cool by insulting their mothers or by the fact that they havnt been able to purchase the wireless adapter for the 360 or they just prefer singleplayer games and dont see a games focal point as going online to play other people.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

A big reason why I am getting an XBOX 360 is to play online, would I buy it without playing online? Yes, because it is the best console to be released to date, as far as I am concerned.LLCoolKo

aye online is not what it only has to offer, offline is still great, they 2 very different buzz's.

i bought mine to play offline wasnt gona subscribe but its like a breath of fresh air when u finaly give in.

but if i was cut offline id still get a 360 coz one player games are just as good as online games when u play the best games they are out there, and alot of my games aint online ones either.

best to have both but if ya only have offline go for it, will be better than other machines offline and if ya enjoyed it in the past ya gona have more fun. just when it comes to maybe a few games like gears of war or halo 3 some seem to lack what some wud say half a campain. like they feel like they shud be twice as long really single player but if ya go online more than makes up for it which i think was they plans. but most games aint as short as them but thats when online play comes into play for replay value.

Anofalye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#36 Anofalye
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts

I have a 360, it is plugged on the same HDTV then my computer, my computer is obviously online...but I didn't plug my 360 online, as I see no reason to do so.

Personnally, I play Oblivion and Overlord on the 360, and that's pretty much sums it up. I will most certainly add others games as they interest me more on this console then on my PC, but it is a game by game case...and my PC wins most of these "interest points".

I know I will sound silly, but I really don't like the controller with the batteries, rather have a cord and no batteries, and I wasn't given a choice... I have a "new mouse" with no rolling ball under it, but it is linked to the computer with a cord and I wouldn't want to change that, I like it as is. Silly I know...but very real. Controller linked with the PC/Console = something I like... I hate losing signal, either for batteries, for LoS, whatever...a cord make sure I never lose signal.

SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#37 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts

I can't get Xbox Live on my network (I live in school owned apartments which require an internet browser to login, my PS3 CAN do that, but that's beside the point).

I don't have Xbox live, but my 360 is possibly my favorite system since the SNES.

I will list fantastic single player experiences (that some might even have online components, but are entirely extra, while to some people neccesary, but whatever).

Gears of War, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Saints Row, Eternal Sonata, Bioshock, Halo 3, Assassins Creed, Oblivion, The Orange Box, in fact, only about 1/3 of those are actually multiplayer on Xbox live anyways.

So yes, get it.

KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts
Since XBL is the only thing, in my opinion, that the 360 has going for it, I would say no. If your gonna purchase a system and not play online. get a PS3. It has a better selection of single-player games. And while the online for PS3 is good, its not as good as XBL, so ultimately, you'd be missing less by getting a PS3.
Wedge598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#39 Wedge598
Member since 2003 • 1263 Posts

how can people still don't play online... usule

How can people still don't use proper grammar?

Hofflehoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Hofflehoff
Member since 2007 • 38 Posts

[QUOTE="usule"]how can people still don't play online... master-renagade

becuase some people might not like 8 year olds trying to sound cool by insulting their mothers or by the fact that they havnt been able to purchase the wireless adapter for the 360 or they just prefer singleplayer games and dont see a games focal point as going online to play other people.

yep

drbob33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#41 drbob33
Member since 2003 • 251 Posts

Perhaps you've stopped reading comments by now, but I assure you that getting the 360 for single player is more than worth it.

Examples: Oblivion (100+), Mass Effect (40+), BioShock (12-16), Dead Rising (12-20), Halo 3 (7-10), Assassin's Creed (10-20), Gears of War (8-12), and Crackdown (10-40) are just a few examples of single player games that you can play on your 360. I don't know how much free time you have, but I included hours needed to finish the game next to the name. That is at least 200-300 hours of gaming, and that is by no means a comprhensive list. There are lots of other great shooters, sports games, and racing games to try.

Good luck.

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#42 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

I don't have xbl eitherand the console is still well worth it. There are tons of great sp games on the 360. To list a few:

OBLIVION

Mass Effect

Assassin's Creed

Dead Rising

Saint's Row

(soon) GTA4

Gears

Bioshock

Even Halo 3 has a decent sp game.

Manni25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Manni25
Member since 2007 • 194 Posts
the answer is no
what r u goin to do after u beat ur fav game 3 times :P
for me its to play the online
4 u is to pile it up with ur old games and watch it as it
collects dust :P:P

If u arent goin to play the online go 4 th wii
it has a great variety of single player games :P
and a few multiplayer games that are actually worth playing
Asasinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Asasinator
Member since 2005 • 464 Posts

there are alot of games that dont have online gameplay and are very fun

DeadParrot145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#45 DeadParrot145
Member since 2005 • 252 Posts

Depends on what games you like to play. The xbox 360 has great single player games like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Oblivion and such which you will get a lot of play out of. Many games however really suffer from lack of online play. I remember Halo 2 back in the day was literally nothing without its strong multiplayer and I'd assume Halo 3 is pretty much the same way.

Pretty much it still is a great system without online play, but don't expect to get the same gaming experience that your friends may say are amazing, the halo series for one, or UT2007.

SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

I think It is worth it. Although I don't think I could go back to singleplayer only gaming.