Shivering isles problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Carnifex666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Carnifex666
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I cant get on to my shivering isles. I have downloaded it but how do i play it, is there a menu or something for it.
Carnifex666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Carnifex666
My shivering isles is not working and now my halo, when i play it on live, does not work. How do i get to play the shivering isles i downloaded?!?!
chip1289

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chip1289
Member since 2005 • 270 Posts
after you dl shivering isles a message should appear say a mysterious island has appeared and then it should appear on your map. did you get this message
ant66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ant66
hi can som1 help me i got shivering isles disc 4 360 i installed it wif the update i waited not sleeped 4 24hrs 3 times and i didnt get a message saying about the expansion but it said updateing on main menu
Avatar image for Keitarourashima
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Keitarourashima
Member since 2004 • 1422 Posts
Okay, start up the game, wait for the loading of extra content, basically, all you have to do is walk around Leyawiin and talk to ppl until u get the topic "strange door in niben bay". A door will appear, it's on the map so all u do is swim there, and wait for strange stuff to go down, good luck.
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts

yeah its quite subtle but after 24 hours max in game it comes up as a new quest,. i didnt relise my self i thought the quest be called shivving isles

you dont have to wait just press back and then put the game ahead 24 hours.

and once u installed the disc its on ur xbox for good you can sell it or install it on friends xboxs and never need the disc again unless u get a new hd

ant66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ant66
and wot about knights of 9? and r there any normal missions 2 do 1st ur supose 2 get a message after 24hrs in game waiting rnt u?
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Keitarourashima
and wot about knights of 9? and r there any normal missions 2 do 1st ur supose 2 get a message after 24hrs in game waiting rnt u?ant66
In anvil, "The Prophet" will be displayed as a new topic, or it's attack on castle anvil I don't remember, just go to Anvil, it's gonna pop up.
ant66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ant66
i didnt get a new quset thinggy after 24 hrs and i waited a week aswel it dont want 2 work
ant66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ant66
i tryed the expasion on my m8s hd started nw game i got a message saying som items wot soming rite so i did same thing on my hd and no message apperd
Keitarourashima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Keitarourashima
kind of hard to understand u, don't know what to say, worked well enough for me, if u mean u transferred it to another hdd, then u could just download it again from ur account, bet it'll work just fine, and if it don't, I won't speculate further, lol.
ant66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ant66
i havnt got xbox live just got the disc its fustrating like hell ta 4 help through ill try wot u said wen i get my 360 bk from micosoft
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#13 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
For me i just had to wait at the main screen till it loaded that stuff, then i loaded my game.. and then a mesage came up about the new shivering isles... then i checked my map and it showed the place you had to go.
Trogeton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#14 Trogeton
Member since 2005 • 2776 Posts
Yeah a talk to some people and they say something about a mysterious island appearing, the shivering isles is in my opinion the best expansion out for oblivion... and well even though it did not take me long to complete it it was still one of the coolest things to see, like when yo walk through the door, and have that conversation.. and the walls turn in to butterflies and fly away.. the sky it fricken awesome
ant66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ant66

i fink i loaded it wrong cause ppl r telling me diff ways 2 do it wots the best way 2 make it start?

ant66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ant66
hey ppl i got a problem with shivering isels on disc version i contacted ubisoft and they said i had 2 b on xbox live 4 it 2 work wtf ? if i got 2 b online4 it i could of downloaded it has any1 installed it with out xbox live ta
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
if ya got the expansion disc for the 360 you just put that in first install it on your hard disc. then put oblivion in and play your existing saved game. forward time 24 hours speak to people and you should have some new quests. look at your journal and goto all the quest locations your bound to find it as you get closers you see its a big gate with 2 people outside watching it. they aint no special way to start the game, or options you need to press to load sivering ilse it just adds it to your game. and its one of the quests in your journal takes you to it
ant66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ant66
thankz at least u explained it easy not like sum ppl ta
ssbucther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ssbucther
hi i have a problom with the shiviring iles i got a new xbox 360 and it wont load with the rest of the stuff so i cheked my hardrive and it was on it but it wouldnt load so if eny body knows any thing that can help me thanx
bootlegger42o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bootlegger42o
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

ahhh im freakin out.....

ok so i've read a ton of articles and im still having issues with shivering isle. I have loaded, reloaded, deleted, used different memory, and whatever else i could think of and this problem persists...

THE DOOR WILL NOT APPEAR!! I waited the 24hrs in game... hell i've logged 60hrs real time and the mission has not appeared, i look in completed and uncompleted quests. I thought i one seen the strange door thing come up but im not sure what happened.

Please help me if u can!!!

bootlegger42o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bootlegger42o

plz help me still having issues

davidlivshin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 davidlivshin
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Right for anyone who stiull does not understand. IF YOU ARE HAVING THIS PROBLEM U MUST GO ONTO XBOX LIVE AND DOWNLOAD AN UPDATE. THERE IS NO OTHER WAY TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM. I HAD THIS PROBLEM I WENT ON XBOX LIVE AND UPDATED AND IT IS ALL FIXED. I CAN NOW PLAY SHIVERING ISLES. DONT BOTHER UNDOWNLOADING. IF IT APPEARS ON YOUR HARDRIVE MEMORY THEN IT IS THERE. U MUST GET AN UPDATE FROM XBOX LIVE. DO YOU UNDERSTAND. THREAD SOLVED :)
tyrant-tim78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 tyrant-tim78

Hey, I'm having this annoying issue in the "Ghosts of Vitharn" quest in the Shivering Isles. I completed the quest before, no problem, but this time I've got a bug or something. I even cleared my cache, and it still won't work. I did the three things I'm supposed to do for those three soldiers outside (Annius and whatever), but for some reason when the invaders come in, one of them just stands there after the other three die, instead of fighting or running or whatever he's supposed to do. So I can't continue the quest. I tell you, even though Oblivion is one of my favorite games, and I've spent more time with it than any of my other ones, I keep encountering all these weird bugs, and it drives me nuts! I haven't had half as many problems with Fallout 3 as I have with Oblivion!!!

Anyways, has anyone else had this problem? What can I do, if anything? Like I said, I tried clearing my cache already. The only thing I haven't tried is uninstalling and reinstalling the add-on. I'm afraid to try that, though, for fear it might mess up my save file. If my save file gets messed up or deleted, I might have a brain hemmorhage. I've put a lot of time and effort into my most recent character (the latest of five - yes, I have no life), and he's the best one so far. Level 25 Dark Elf, Master in five of the seven Magic schools, and in Sneak and Security, Expert in Blade, Marksman, Light Armor, Armorer, Alchemy, Restoration, Athletics, and Acrobatics, and Journeyman in everything else. Like I said, I have no life. Gaming IS my life.

Sorry, I got a little off topic there. Um, anyways, can anyone help me here? Other than getting a life, is there anything I can do so I can fix this issue and complete the quest? I'm a little OCD about leaving quests unfinished. It gnaws at me, like a splinter I can't get out.

L3gacyJace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 L3gacyJace
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
Okay, to save the world from people who are illiterate and don't know what they are talking about this is exactly what you need to do step by step for completing the setup and to begin playing in Oblivions Shivering Isle expansion: 1. Put in "Disk 2" of the expansion 2. Fallow all the prompts until you have it installed. 3. Eject the disk and put in "Disk 1" 4. When you put this disk in you MUST be connected to Xbox live: gold or silver membership it doesn't matter. 5. Complete the update that you are prompted to do (Note: This will slow down loading times drastically, but if you want shivering isle, you don't really have a choice) 6. A. For starting a new game: Simply play like you are starting a new game of Oblivion [There is nothing special in the start menu]. After you exit the sewers you should have a random quest called "A Door in Niben Bay". Do this quest to get to Shivering Isles B. For continuing a current game: Rest for 24 hours and the same previously stated quest should pop up. ( YOU MUST HAVE THE CURRENT UPDATE FROM XBOX LIVE FOR THIS TO WORK!!! IF YOU DO NOT IT WON"T!!! OBLIVION WAS ORIGINALLY CREATED FOR NO ADD ON, SO IT WONT HAVE THE INFORMATION ON HOW TO PROCESS THE ADD ON!!! I REPEAT YOU MUST HAVE THE UPDATE FROM BETHESDA!!!) 7. Enjoy (p.s. if none of this works, than it is not my fault. This information came directly for the game manual so don't blame me.)
Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

hey ppl i got a problem with shivering isels on disc version i contacted ubisoft and they said i had 2 b on xbox live 4 it 2 work wtf ? if i got 2 b online4 it i could of downloaded it has any1 installed it with out xbox live ta ant66

What? When did Ubisoft buy Bethesda or ZeniMax?

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#26 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts
why is every post in this thread like 3-5 months apart and every person only have like 5 post... where is a mod to lock this.. only thing they get right
Drakebunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Drakebunny
Member since 2008 • 3029 Posts

why is every post in this thread like 3-5 months apart and every person only have like 5 post... where is a mod to lock this.. only thing they get rightk2theswiss

Woah, I never noticed. Weird how this ended up being bumped :?