Sega needs to make a Shenmue 3.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SymphonicWaves
Member since 2006 • 832 Posts
Now.  No more waiting.  I need a new Shenmue.  I mean Shenmue looked amazing on the dreamcast, and great on the Xbox too.  Imagine what it'd look like on the 360. 

It cost too damn much though.  
tribalTox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 tribalTox
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts
yeah, shenmue 3 would be great. i'd be anticipating that game more then gta...i had the one for dreamcast and i was actually of thinkin of gettin the 2nd one for xbox so i can continue..but ya i SECOND THAT!
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts
I would buy it, it got a lot of crap back in the day for having all the little side stuff that you can do, like geting soda and the figurines, and playing darts...but I loved the game for that purpose.  It gave you such a sense of freedom.
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SymphonicWaves
Yep. I still hear "Wanna play a game of lucky hit" every now and again. If they kinda fixed the combat system a little too, it'd rock. Plus, make the days longer. It seemed like the days went by way too fast.
SmokieX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SmokieX
Member since 2005 • 2412 Posts
I agree, Shenmue was a great game for the DC. It's the only game that made my baby cousin cry. The ending made her sad. I bought Shenmue 2 for the Xbox a couple of months ago, but haven't gotten around to finishing it yet. A new Shenmue for the 360 would be awesome.
cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cLAssic_BLUE
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts
loved shenmue1 but stopped playing shenmue 2 after the job you have in the game was harder than my real job.
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SymphonicWaves
loved shenmue1 but stopped playing shenmue 2 after the job you have in the game was harder than my real job.cLAssic_BLUE
yea, that was annoying, but you get past it. Gotta make that quota. MOVE THOSE BOXES!!!
FreedomReign

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FreedomReign
Member since 2006 • 1178 Posts
yes, yes they should.. 20 minute long fish tail FMV on Shenmue 2, kinda warrants a sequel.
jericoY2J

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 jericoY2J
Member since 2006 • 1688 Posts
brah shenmue was the most realistic life like game(drink sodas, play video games, the fights were also cool) not to mention the graphics were amazing back then(probably better then the ps1!!!). man that game would so rule on the 360 if the made a 3rd one. also hows number 2?
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SymphonicWaves
brah shenmue was the most realistic life like game(drink sodas, play video games, the fights were also cool) not to mention the graphics were amazing back then(probably better then the ps1!!!). man that game would so rule on the 360 if the made a 3rd one. also hows number 2?jericoY2J
dude, I wonder if Shenmue could be done on the ps2 sometimes. Just when you see the scope of it. Dreamcast was an awesome console.

And 2 is sweet.  Very sweet.  Lot more characters, lots more to do.  But this time you gotta work for money.  No big ass allowance.
tribalTox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tribalTox
Member since 2006 • 803 Posts
n/m
deadesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 deadesa
Member since 2005 • 1706 Posts
Shenmue is a great game, hopefully Sega gets back in the groove.  I can't even name the last game that sega made that was good :(
Santas_Hitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 Santas_Hitman
Member since 2004 • 1003 Posts
I for one would love to see Shenmue 3, but I doubt it would happen since Microsoft has the rights to release it in North America. And we all know that most people with a 360 don't buy games if it doesn't involve some form of killing with guns. Sad since they miss out on all the good games....
Darth_Tigris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 Darth_Tigris
Member since 2002 • 2506 Posts

[QUOTE="jericoY2J"]brah shenmue was the most realistic life like game(drink sodas, play video games, the fights were also cool) not to mention the graphics were amazing back then(probably better then the ps1!!!). man that game would so rule on the 360 if the made a 3rd one. also hows number 2?SymphonicWaves
dude, I wonder if Shenmue could be done on the ps2 sometimes. Just when you see the scope of it. Dreamcast was an awesome console.

And 2 is sweet.  Very sweet.  Lot more characters, lots more to do.  But this time you gotta work for money.  No big ass allowance.

Or so I thought too.  Then I was introduced the world of high stakes gambling and save anywhere.  8 minutes later I was Bill Gates.  Great game.

hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts

Shenmue is a great game, hopefully Sega gets back in the groove. I can't even name the last game that sega made that was good :(deadesa

Besides sonic the hedgehog on the ps3!!! Teh pwnage!
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SymphonicWaves
[QUOTE="deadesa"]Shenmue is a great game, hopefully Sega gets back in the groove. I can't even name the last game that sega made that was good :(hazuki

Are you being sarcastic?
hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hazuki

[QUOTE="hazuki"] [QUOTE="deadesa"]Shenmue is a great game, hopefully Sega gets back in the groove. I can't even name the last game that sega made that was good :(SymphonicWaves

Are you being sarcastic?

Yeah, and i actually put i was being sarcastic. Though the stupid gamespot forums are glitching up on me lately and won't show my entire message usually. Anyways, there was that gang entertainment version of how shenmue 3 would be *Search google for shenmue gang entertainment* but it was very dumb. Still, i wanna see if the series is actually going to go all sci-fi like shenmue online hints at.
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SymphonicWaves
I seriously doubt there is a market for an online shenmue game. that just sounds like a dumb rumor.
david60639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 david60639
Member since 2005 • 6951 Posts
I hope it doesn't go sci-fi...although that looks like the direction its going. I'd expect it to come out by 09 at the latest, then not at all.
hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 hazuki
I seriously doubt there is a market for an online shenmue game. that just sounds like a dumb rumor.SymphonicWaves

Shenmue online is very alive. If i'm not mistaken, its already released in certain areas of china and korea. It was just last july near final videos were shown of the game.
SymphonicWaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SymphonicWaves
Oh my god.
w7w7w7w7w7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points