Seeking game suggestions for xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MarkedCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By MarkedCookie
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

I'm getting into the use of my xbox and have recently completed the 2013 tomb raider game. I'm no connoisseur of games by any stretch of the imagination, but for my personal tastes and requirements from a game it hit the spot.

Now thought I'm placed with a dilemma for the next adventure. I have specifications for the game I would like, but the scope for finding such games seems limited as everyone's got different views on what's good and what's not and there's a great deal of choice.

However, I ideally seek something female lead based (I understand this can be an ask as most female led games tend to leave a lot to be desired if not done properly but I prefer to stick to my female roots), I like the action and adventure theme and a bit of combat but I'm not majorly into complex fighting or overly challenging combat. I go for realism over fantasy; I really enjoyed the amazing settings in tomb raider and the graphics of Lara and her enemies wasn't half bad. (Again, subject to personal preference and gaming experience.) I like a game where I can explore places, awesome scenes or settings but whilst having a purpose and a little bit of excitement. I love a good storyline too, where you really get to see characters developing. This can be hard if you jump into a later edition of the game where it doesn't explain what happened beforehand; I don't want to have to go back to old 2000 editions where the graphics are shocking or the gameplay mediocre.

I have indulged in some assassins creed with friends before, so hopefully from the two limited games someone might have some suggestions from their personal experience or that of others to suggest. So I would jus like to reiterate, I am relatively inexperienced to the xbox gaming scene. I'm not looking for fantastic, and I'm not looking for intense complex battling combat and whatnot, I'm looking for a moderately action/adventure to engage in some free-time gaming, preferably on a par with the tomb raider games that I was very content with. I'm a girl so all gaming jokes aside, I'll embrace that I'm just looking for something that doesn't require me to have to spend my evenings splatting everything in sight with trigger happy fingers, that's not my scene.

I would love to hear any suggestions, a brief synopsis or breakdown of the game to fit my specs would be lovely, but not required.

Ta!

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Limiting the platform to a brand new, under a year machine like the Xbone and then asking for a female lead is a recipe for no responses. Sorry. Maybe it's confusion on my end as you did say Xbox, but you didn't mention which one.

If you want advice for an older platform that has had time to acquire games, I can recommend all kinds of games with female leads.

If you are talking 360, there's more than one Tomb Raider so check those out.

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

Fallout 3 or New Vegas

The Elder Scrolls 4 or 5

Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3

Final Fantasy 13

Fable Anniversary, 2 or 3

Saints Row 3 or 4

Bayonetta

Mirrors Edge

juboner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 juboner
Member since 2007 • 1183 Posts

@Tokeism: I was going to recommend some of those but she likes realism.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

far cry 3

Yoshi9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#6 Yoshi9000
Member since 2010 • 479 Posts

Best I can think of is Portal and Mirror's Edge. Both have a female lead. And feel pretty realistic. And Kameo Elements of Power, although not very story driven, it definitely has fun action adventure style gameplay.

AVIS93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 AVIS93
Member since 2009 • 341 Posts

Maybe you'd like Assassin's Creed III: Liberation HD, it has a female protagonist. You can get your hands on the Mass Effect Trilogy which contains all three main games in the franchise and you can choose a female character to play with. All of these are on the Xbox 360.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#9 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

AC: Black Flag, BF3, BF4, ghosts, and watch dogs. unless you have all those games.

Avatar image for untouchableetan
UntouchableEtan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 UntouchableEtan

@watchdogsrules: Wtf... Haven't you read anything she wrote ? hahahahah. Watch_Dogs might be one, but everything other suggestion you gave is ridiculous.

UntouchableEtan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 UntouchableEtan

If you're willing to play a game in which the primary character isn't a female; The Saboteur would be good, I think..
Alan Wake would also be good, though it is a pretty stressful game, and isn't as open-world as you would maybe seek...

If you were willing to play older games, or even just more scary games (even if they're not as realistic as you'd hope), I'd suggest classics such as Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Silent Hill 2 ( or 3 if you want to play as a female ).

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I suggest you give up on realism.... Its not all its cracked up to be.... Honestly I can't think of any good games that are realistic with male characters.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

I suggest you give up on realism.... Its not all its cracked up to be.... Honestly I can't think of any good games that are realistic with male characters.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#14 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@untouchableetan: ohhhhhhhh, crap. sorry. but why would watch_dogs be a suggestion?

UntouchableEtan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 UntouchableEtan

@watchdogsrules For it's open-world, a bit of gunplay, third person perspective, good storyline ( even if Aiden isn't the most compelling character in history ). The combat isn't overly challenging, the graphics are good ( great if you're playing a modded version on PC ). The gameplay is modern and responsive... It's a game she might enjoy!

KimberlyKHardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By KimberlyKHardy

@markedcookie said:

I'm getting into the use of my xbox and have recently completed the 2013 tomb raider game. I'm no connoisseur of games by any stretch of the imagination, but for my personal tastes and requirements from a game it hit the spot.

Now thought I'm placed with a dilemma for the next adventure. I have specifications for the game I would like, but the scope for finding such games seems limited as everyone's got different views on what's good and what's not and there's a great deal of choice.

However, I ideally seek something female lead based (I understand this can be an ask as most female led games tend to leave a lot to be desired if not done properly but I prefer to stick to my female roots), I like the action and adventure theme and a bit of combat but I'm not majorly into complex fighting or overly challenging combat. I go for realism over fantasy; I really enjoyed the amazing settings in tomb raider and the graphics of Lara and her enemies wasn't half bad. (Again, subject to personal preference and gaming experience.) I like a game where I can explore places, awesome scenes or settings but whilst having a purpose and a little bit of excitement. I love a good storyline too, where you really get to see characters developing. This can be hard if you jump into a later edition of the game where it doesn't explain what happened beforehand; I don't want to have to go back to old 2000 editions where the graphics are shocking or the gameplay mediocre.

I have indulged in some assassins creed with friends before, so hopefully from the two limited games someone might have some suggestions from their personal experience or that of others to suggest. So I would jus like to reiterate, I am relatively inexperienced to the xbox gaming scene. I'm not looking for fantastic, and I'm not looking for intense complex battling combat and whatnot, I'm looking for a moderately action/adventure to engage in some free-time gaming, preferably on a par with the tomb raider games that I was very content with. I'm a girl so all gaming jokes aside, I'll embrace that I'm just looking for something that doesn't require me to have to spend my evenings splatting everything in sight with trigger happy fingers, that's not my scene.

I would love to hear any suggestions, a brief synopsis or breakdown of the game to fit my specs would be lovely, but not required.

Ta!

Follow your post to get game.

I have some game. if you like pls use them.

http://www.offgamers.com/

Tonyx429

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Tonyx429
Member since 2014 • 77 Posts

I would definitely recommend the Mass Effect Series. Great gameplay and story telling.

You should also play as Female Commander Shepard. :)