Saint's Row predictions/thoughts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gama_Forever
Member since 2004 • 2645 Posts
Will it be a good game? What will be the most important aspects? What do you think about this game? Will it be another GTA type game (I don't think so, just things to talk about)? How big will it be and how much free roaming will you be able to do? Your thoughts/predictions for this good looking next generation title.
ryanjtravis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ryanjtravis
Member since 2004 • 2095 Posts
To me, the game looks really dumb. Do we REALLY need another gangsta/free-roam/kill anyone game? Sure, the GTA's were fun at first, but personally, I am pretty sick of 'em. It's the same stuff every time, just bigger environments. I dunno, I think I am just bored with that style of gameplay. Not to mention... the main character looks like John Cena from WWE. That is so friggin lame.
JumpingMirrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 JumpingMirrior
Member since 2004 • 11495 Posts
[QUOTE="ryanjtravis"]To me, the game looks really dumb. Do we REALLY need another gangsta/free-roam/kill anyone game? Sure, the GTA's were fun at first, but personally, I am pretty sick of 'em. It's the same stuff every time, just bigger environments. I dunno, I think I am just bored with that style of gameplay. Not to mention... the main character looks like John Cena from WWE. That is so friggin lame.

Maybe if this game came out around Vice City, i would like it. But i have to agree with you now, im tired of these type of games.
Invisible_Kid2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Invisible_Kid2
Member since 2003 • 6330 Posts

the main reason why i wanna play this game, is because its online. other than that, i dont really want to play it.

EDIT: the insurance fraud thing might be kinda cool too.

killvayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 killvayne
Member since 2005 • 5866 Posts
I think it will be fun.. But I'm really SICK and TIRED of these Gangsta games.. But I won't comment on a game that isn't even out yet..
DarkIncubus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DarkIncubus
Member since 2004 • 201 Posts
Hopefully, it'll be great. I expected good things from 25 to Life, but that obviously disappointed. I think Saint's Row will hold up with at least an 8.5.
billjakybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#7 billjakybob
Member since 2004 • 14574 Posts
i think this game will have a lot of free roming and it will be similar to GTA but the graphics will be a lot better and i think it will do pretty good in selling
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts

I hope it's good.

Cause i want it.

tlcain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 tlcain
Member since 2003 • 3769 Posts
They keep telling us its good, we keep not believing them, and I for one will continue not to believe them.  It just looks like GTA with better graphics, which would be nice right now but when it comes out after oblivion, ghost recon, fight night and gears of war who is going to care
Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gama_Forever
bump
DamianD1516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DamianD1516
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=24047413&page=0

I think it will be good.

DamianD1516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DamianD1516
Member since 2005 • 2669 Posts

To me, the game looks really dumb. Do we REALLY need another gangsta/free-roam/kill anyone game? Sure, the GTA's were fun at first, but personally, I am pretty sick of 'em. It's the same stuff every time, just bigger environments. I dunno, I think I am just bored with that style of gameplay. Not to mention... the main character looks like John Cena from WWE. That is so friggin lame.ryanjtravis

You create your character........

RAFDOG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 RAFDOG
Member since 2004 • 5696 Posts
im as sick of all these crappy Gangster wannabe games coming out i mean theres enough people like that in real life without games adding another reason for try hards to try harder.
but this game im actually looking forward to.
it looks great i've seen some previews for it and some videos and its looking really good.
im definately giving it a rental.
Prestoner77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Prestoner77
Member since 2005 • 2496 Posts
Well it will be the same as GTA because that's the original of this genre and you can't just deny that. But I think the game will offer something new and fun in Saint's Row.
ryanjtravis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ryanjtravis
Member since 2004 • 2095 Posts

[QUOTE="ryanjtravis"]To me, the game looks really dumb. Do we REALLY need another gangsta/free-roam/kill anyone game? Sure, the GTA's were fun at first, but personally, I am pretty sick of 'em. It's the same stuff every time, just bigger environments. I dunno, I think I am just bored with that style of gameplay. Not to mention... the main character looks like John Cena from WWE. That is so friggin lame.DamianD1516

Well, the guy they show on the logo looks like John Cena, and that says something about the game... it says that it is going to suck. And the fact of the matter is that with all of those games coming out now like 25 ta Life, 50 Cent Bulletproof, etc. (all due to the incredible success of the GTA series, of course), we just don't need another crappy thug game. Maybe I am just bitter because the True Crime games ruined it for me, but seriously ALL of these games were horrible, with the exception of the GTA's, and although they were not horrible, they are PLAYED OUT.
Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Gama_Forever
bump
gerrilover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gerrilover
Member since 2005 • 515 Posts
it'd be nice in a way to have a gta style game where the graphics were as good as the gameplay for once. and it'd also be nice if the car that i just got out of didnt suddenly disappear the way they would on the gta games for ps2 and xbox. i mean the gta games looked like sh*t (and YES i know gameplay is most important, but with these new fangled systems and for 10 bucks more a pop, i want graphics to go with my gameplay)
Avatar image for peachy_dagansta
peachy_dagansta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 peachy_dagansta
Member since 2005 • 2103 Posts
i cant wait for this game honestly..... custom characters.... custom rides.... custom weapons..... a huge immersive enviroment.... i dunno but i just cant wait
Avatar image for BLACKMOON-X-357
BLACKMOON-X-357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BLACKMOON-X-357
Member since 2004 • 283 Posts
ok what's funny to me is how people are saying they are done with playing GTA..look a like games..but love PS2 GT..it's been the same dam tracks from 1-3 and 4 ok it had what 2 or 3 new tracks and now here come 5 for the PS3 with the same sh-t from 4...u guys say the same sh-t over and over.."it's i love this game" or "it's the best game ever" man if i have not seen that 1mil of time on the forums!!! get a fu-king life and be happy with the game or don't buy it
Avatar image for BLACKMOON-X-357
BLACKMOON-X-357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BLACKMOON-X-357
Member since 2004 • 283 Posts
ok dam didn't think it was going to come out that big 1(8pt) come out like this 2 (10pt) is like that sorry peep dam that just crazy...1 (8pt) just seem to dam small
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
To me, the game looks really dumb. Do we REALLY need another gangsta/free-roam/kill anyone game? Sure, the GTA's were fun at first, but personally, I am pretty sick of 'em. It's the same stuff every time, just bigger environments. I dunno, I think I am just bored with that style of gameplay. Not to mention... the main character looks like John Cena from WWE. That is so friggin lame.ryanjtravis
killvayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 killvayne
Member since 2005 • 5866 Posts
[QUOTE="DamianD1516"]

[QUOTE="ryanjtravis"]To me, the game looks really dumb. Do we REALLY need another gangsta/free-roam/kill anyone game? Sure, the GTA's were fun at first, but personally, I am pretty sick of 'em. It's the same stuff every time, just bigger environments. I dunno, I think I am just bored with that style of gameplay. Not to mention... the main character looks like John Cena from WWE. That is so friggin lame.ryanjtravis

Well, the guy they show on the logo looks like John Cena, and that says something about the game... it says that it is going to suck. And the fact of the matter is that with all of those games coming out now like 25 ta Life, 50 Cent Bulletproof, etc. (all due to the incredible success of the GTA series, of course), we just don't need another crappy thug game. Maybe I am just bitter because the True Crime games ruined it for me, but seriously ALL of these games were horrible, with the exception of the GTA's, and although they were not horrible, they are PLAYED OUT.

Your opinion is one thing, but don't say a game is gonna"Suck" before it's even out yet and before you have even played it yet.. You have nothing to back that up..  Doesn't make sense..
etbny22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 etbny22
Member since 2005 • 1697 Posts
you can free roam but the cool thing is that everything you do while freely roaming will matter in the game and change the outcome, unlike in gta where the free roam is for immature little kids that like to go around killing people.  Free roaming in gta doesnt mean anything to the actual game.
johngmills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 johngmills
Member since 2005 • 4349 Posts
I don't know how this game is going to do but I think it will be a good free-roaming game.  Supposedly you'll be able to do basically anything you want even go or break into every building.....I've already bought the game so I'll know as soon as it comes out if its crap or not.
Sirpapaya007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#25 Sirpapaya007
Member since 2004 • 242 Posts
the graphics are a little cartoonish which coinciding with the gangsta them has me a little frightened but ill wait until launch to tell, also the main character is created if i remember correctly so why bash its looks?
-Ten-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 -Ten-
Member since 2003 • 7493 Posts
I have high hopes for the Online multiplayer
SHADOWSTRYK3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 SHADOWSTRYK3R
Member since 2005 • 511 Posts
I've actually heard some great things about this game and that's its not all about 'Gangsta' related stuff. Its got great potential if the developers make it unique, fun to play and make good use of the Xbox 360's hardware.
tatu2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tatu2004
Member since 2004 • 17173 Posts

give it a rest man...

vagabond_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 vagabond_gamer
Member since 2005 • 1949 Posts
[QUOTE="ryanjtravis"][QUOTE="DamianD1516"]

[QUOTE="ryanjtravis"]To me, the game looks really dumb. Do we REALLY need another gangsta/free-roam/kill anyone game? Sure, the GTA's were fun at first, but personally, I am pretty sick of 'em. It's the same stuff every time, just bigger environments. I dunno, I think I am just bored with that style of gameplay. Not to mention... the main character looks like John Cena from WWE. That is so friggin lame.killvayne

Your opinion is one thing, but don't say a game is gonna"Suck" before it's even out yet and before you have even played it yet.. You have nothing to back that up..  Doesn't make sense..

Nah this game will probrably suck....reasons 1) Being a gangsta is becoming played out 2) the graphics will probrably be the best part of the game 3) I really like gta but if they don't get more creative ie....the same lame ass kill this guy with a sniper rifle on this building while chaufering this gangster to his place, while not getting to much damage to car missions need to stop. 4) Can someone truly say that Saints Row sounds good.....it's just a better looking Gta.....not a clone because no one can match the sucsess of it.
paradyme777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 paradyme777
Member since 2005 • 5308 Posts
I like the completely customizable part.  I'm actually contemplating buying this game.
l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts
Personally, im really looking forward to this game. The custom character and cars are doing it for me already, and thats before i even find out what else is possible in the game. Bring on march....:)
angry_samoan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 angry_samoan
Member since 2004 • 1093 Posts
[QUOTE="JumpingMirrior"] [QUOTE="ryanjtravis"]To me, the game looks really dumb. Do we REALLY need another gangsta/free-roam/kill anyone game? Sure, the GTA's were fun at first, but personally, I am pretty sick of 'em. It's the same stuff every time, just bigger environments. I dunno, I think I am just bored with that style of gameplay. Not to mention... the main character looks like John Cena from WWE. That is so friggin lame.

Maybe if this game came out around Vice City, i would like it. But i have to agree with you now, im tired of these type of games.

Don't let the GTA franchise die down your excitement, this could be the only game other than GTA that gets this gamestlye done right...and we could be in for a real treat, GTA games are kinda boring, this one looks more interesting...more options, and i do like character creation for a game like this
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

I think it will get an 8.3 LOLZTheSpidren

Alright, you're level 23 so there is no way you can tell me you didn't understand you just bumped a year old thread. I don't think that's allowed. 

TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheSpidren
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts

[QUOTE="TheSpidren"]I think it will get an 8.3 LOLZFearlessSpirit

Alright, you're level 23 so there is no way you can tell me you didn't understand you just bumped a year old thread. I don't think that's allowed.

:( snifflez

Gama_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gama_Forever
wow....this is incredibly old why would you bump this? talk about forza 2 or something please
butterob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 butterob
Member since 2006 • 1090 Posts
[QUOTE="FearlessSpirit"]

[QUOTE="TheSpidren"]I think it will get an 8.3 LOLZTheSpidren

:( snifflez

haha u guessed right..oh and dont listen to the mean big kids!

TheSpidren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheSpidren
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
wow....this is incredibly old why would you bump this? talk about forza 2 or something pleaseGama_Forever

Hey it's your thread, thought it would be a bit of nice nostalgia for us all, especially you. :D
Izzymoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Izzymoney
Member since 2005 • 1192 Posts
Retarded
Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts

[QUOTE="TheSpidren"]I think it will get an 8.3 LOLZFearlessSpirit

Uh-oh, here come the forum police. Quit killin' our buzz, Narc.

But yeah, Saint's Row was trash. 

t0x1csn1p3rxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 t0x1csn1p3rxx
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
I think the main character you be should have to...actually this would be good on the wii...i think he shoiudl have to buy a 360 and then open the disc tray...file down the inside hole so its sharp, then you would use the wii remote to take ur d*ck and put it in the disc tray and use the other remote to press the open/close button