Rude people on xboxlive

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

x-wing20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 x-wing20
Member since 2003 • 1293 Posts

I'm just getting sick and tired of people acting so rude on xboxlive. All of the trash talking is really getting on my nervrs. Even peoples own team tamtes are trashtalking to eachother. I'm getting sick and I'm getting really angry. despite the feedback system people think their invinble online because their some stranger. All I'm asking for is a little respect here. Is that not too much to ask for.

mwc0422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 mwc0422
Member since 2006 • 639 Posts
Your not the only one who thinks its getting out of hand.
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts
Yes. It's getting ridiculous.
MichaeltheCM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#4 MichaeltheCM
Member since 2005 • 22765 Posts

I'm just getting sick and tired of people acting so rude on xboxlive. All of the trash talking is really getting on my nervrs. Even peoples own team tamtes are trashtalking to eachother. I'm getting sick and I'm getting really angry. despite the feedback system people think their invinble online because their some stranger. All I'm asking for is a little respect here. Is that not too much to ask for.

x-wing20
dont they have a shut up option for xbox live now so u can mute people who annoy u?
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#5 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
I haven't been on XBL in a very long time, but the last time I was I got alot of rude people who kept trash talking. And I made good use of the feed back system8)
wreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 wreak
Member since 2005 • 4645 Posts
this thread is kinda pointless, because the over all amount of rude ppl in society is getting out of hand. i walk down the street and i can spot 8 things that make me wanna just sh**.
THEWINDWAKER10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 THEWINDWAKER10
Member since 2004 • 509 Posts
Meh...It's just what happens when you give arrogant people a microphone. They're not getting ruder, there's just more people playing.
LoserMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LoserMike
Member since 2003 • 4915 Posts

Except for Xbox Live Arcade multiplayer games and co-op games I haven't played on Live in 2007 because of the racist, sexist, homophobic, mean-spirited people on Xbox live.

Even in PC games I've never heard so much $hit. You'd think that with people paying $50 a year they'll be more nice. I guess not. 

Rivent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Rivent
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I hate most people on xbox live, but you can't just ignore using the head set because you get some good people every once in a while who use it for tactics. You get the retards that swear all the time just because they didn't kill you, the creepy people that think the head set is used for karaoke, the squeaky 5 year olds, and worst of all the freaks that has their stupid voice mask on and keep breathing heavily, I don't wanna know what their doing!

The turning people off option is a good idea but that means having to spend 2 minutes getting shot.

I tend to play with my real friends on xbox live on most games, seems alot more fun. 

dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
I hate alot of them too and ive been a ahole but only when im playing with friends and Im on their team. I dont wanna be an ahole to them when Im on someone elses team cuz then im just pissing them off
south411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 south411
Member since 2006 • 2136 Posts
i didnt meet up with any rude people since Gears in december....im in recreation zone
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts
I agree,i don't usually even plug my headset in anymore.
Lilyungblood08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Lilyungblood08
Member since 2006 • 380 Posts
ppl are rude on live but i mean u gonna find dat wherever u go some ppl are just mean so its not like your gonna get away from it
kcpp2b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kcpp2b
Member since 2006 • 12498 Posts

Trash talking is nothing compared to the morons who team kill.

Only time I would condone team killing is if for example:

COD3 online Capture the flag where the amount of people on your team matter the most and the game is 14 people on allies and like seven people on Axis. And the allies refuse to switch sides, well then is the only time I would condone somone switching to allies and team killing cause they deserve it.

I hate auto balance for those of you who it bring it up cause if you're playing on one squad and you made a comeback let's say then it all means crap when you are switched to the other team. In COD2 more people will switch sides if it's uneven but for some reasons on COD3 it's almost always the Allies side that seems to have way too much players and gamers who refuse to switch sides. 

agentluap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 agentluap
Member since 2005 • 2254 Posts

Meh...It's just what happens when you give arrogant people a microphone. They're not getting ruder, there's just more people playing.THEWINDWAKER10

**** agrees**** 

Avatar image for reservoir_doggy
reservoir_doggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 reservoir_doggy
Member since 2006 • 4054 Posts

x-wing20

I totally agree. Last night I was on a team and we were killing the other team badly. They immediately start roadie run glitching, chainsaw glitching, and of course told us how bad we were getting raped. The kid was stupid too. He goes you are just mad because you are losing. We WERE winning 4 to 3 whenever he said that. He talked trash the whole game and I said you really suck at this game if you have to glitch like that to win and he goes, "Yeah right look at your kills." I had more kills than he did lol, what a stupid pos. I never talk crap unless someone directs towards me. I will NEVER start anything with anyone though because that is just dumb.

Holywarriortim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Holywarriortim
Member since 2004 • 145 Posts

Well, you know, I tend to agree with everyone here.  Most of us go there just to have a good time.  And you know, when I am playing certain games, I don't mind a little "clean" trash talk..i.e. basketball, where trash talking has become part of the game.  But, there is a fine line between talking trash, and just being downright rude. 

And I do think it is quite pathetic when people trash talk when they are losing.

But that my friends is why there is the option to mute the player, leave negative feedback, or even file a complaint.  It will never be perfect in there, or else they wouldn't have to put in the ESRB warning that situations are different during online play.  And it will never be perfect as long as there are people that are there for anything other than just to have a good time.

But there is good news though, as there is always good that comes with bad.  I have had the opportunity to become really good "online" friends with many people from all over the globe, and isn't that what the online gaming "community" is all about?

SBurns22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SBurns22
Member since 2006 • 697 Posts
Anyone ever play w/VS Iceman14?  He's a real jerk.  And he has the swaztica as his gamer pic.  hope he gets thrown off.
Avatar image for reservoir_doggy
reservoir_doggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 reservoir_doggy
Member since 2006 • 4054 Posts

Anyone ever play w/VS Iceman14?  He's a real jerk.  And he has the swaztica as his gamer pic.  hope he gets thrown off.SBurns22

How did he get that as his gamer pic. Did he take a picture of one with his vision camera.

__MasterVAL__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 __MasterVAL__
Member since 2006 • 519 Posts

Yes, many people are rude on XBL - if they're over-board just send them a bad review so there will be less of a chance of you playing with them in the future.  You can also MUTE people, and for the worst cases send them an actual FILE COMPLAINT.  Microsoft swears that every complaint get's looked into, especially if multiple complaints go out to the same person from many in the same room.

But for the rest of you, KEEP ON GAMING, I'm on year #4 on XBL and I love it, "you just got to dodge the bullets every once in a while..."

:arrow:Next-Generation Gaming is playing games with your friends on Xbox Live.  PERIOD.

Fifty_Pence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 Fifty_Pence
Member since 2006 • 397 Posts
I guess we can all be rude at sometimes while playing. I'll admit i use some very foul language, but i don;t attack other players because they killed me. I at least say nice job even if it is followed by "you lucky ba***rd". You should at least give players props for what they do. And definately don't squabble among yourself among "YOU STOLE MY KILL"
mmogoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 mmogoon
Member since 2006 • 7311 Posts
I don't even talk to anyone anymore on XBL, it's that ridiculous
SBurns22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SBurns22
Member since 2006 • 697 Posts

[QUOTE="SBurns22"]Anyone ever play w/VS Iceman14?  He's a real jerk.  And he has the swaztica as his gamer pic.  hope he gets thrown off.reservoir_doggy

How did he get that as his gamer pic. Did he take a picture of one with his vision camera.

Yea i think so.
vendettared468

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vendettared468
Member since 2006 • 4437 Posts
u've actually found that asking them politly to stop works. IM talking gears here and only when they are on your team. I occasionly curse because someone i didn't see im the middle of a shotgun fight grenade tagged me, but for that i respectivly turn my mic off.
Rvdecwthug1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Rvdecwthug1976
Member since 2005 • 4593 Posts

Yes there is rude people on Xbox live, but people make it out to be much worse then it actually is, most of my expriences on Xbox live have been positive, I have ran across some real idiots before

To the person that said Bad player Review means that you will not play with that person again in the future, you are so wrong, it is not even funny, just because you put somebody as an avoided player, does not mean that you will not get matched up againsit them in the future

The other day, I was playing againist this one idiot, and he kept whining and crying about me Grenade Tagging him the whole match and he sent me a hate message afterwards, because he could not stand the fact that I was owning him so bad and I said to him, take it like a man and do something, instead of whining and crying about it and he sent me a hate message after the game

Then about 5 days later I got matched up againist him and him and his team got beat

I do not mind in game Trash talking and some insults, but anybody that sends somebody a message like that after the game ends is a loser and needs to be banned from Xbox live

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
Try not being from America, then see how much crap you have to take on Xbox Live. I usually just play against friends now.
__MasterVAL__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 __MasterVAL__

Try not being from America, then see how much crap you have to take on Xbox Live. I usually just play against friends now.V4LENT1NE

I would have to agree with you on that one VALENTINE...  I've been in rooms too many times where kids went off on people from other countries because they spoke differently or even just noticed it on their profile.  That is wrong, and that is part of the reason why the rest of the world...well i'm not getting into that topic in here, anyways people just need to start being more respectful of others.

Like I said in a previous post, there are a few steps you can take in trying to minimize your encounters with these 'bad apples':  Send them a Bad Review - this will lessen the chances of you playing with them again, MUTE them, or you can FILE a COMPLAINT.  But whatever you do don't lash back it doesn't make them stop, it just puts fuel to the fire.

But more importantly, KEEP ON GAMING and have FUN....

:arrow:Next-Generation Gaming is playing with your friends on Xbox Live.  PERIOD.

RMage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 RMage
Member since 2006 • 1176 Posts
Dont use feedback, its useless.  I have 75% dissaproval from WINNING alone. I never talk, my mic broke. So people get sad because they lost and put bad feedback on me. It doesnt bother me, M$ doesnt care about it.
chimichanu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chimichanu
Member since 2003 • 112 Posts
When I play Live, I usually do so with the headset plugged in, but not on my head and the volume all the way down. 
chester706

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 chester706
Member since 2007 • 3856 Posts
Yeah it is getting out of hand. ESPECIALLY GEARS! One of the reasons I stopped playing that game.
__MasterVAL__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 __MasterVAL__

1)  Send a Review

2)  Mute

3)  File Complaint

__MasterVAL__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 __MasterVAL__

4)  Find other people to play with

...we're wasting our time crying about it, SMALL problem - EASY solutions...

__MasterVAL__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 __MasterVAL__

Now, I'm going to play on Xbox Live, so when you read my Sig again, it will say PLAYING (I haven't decided yet)...

Have fun guys, keep gaming but realize a little responsibility goes with it and some respect, which will get you a long way...

Ciao

:arrow:Next-Generation Gaming is playing with your friends on Xbox Live.  PERIOD.

moocow88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 moocow88
Member since 2007 • 27 Posts
They all seem to think you have done it before. My first time using I got yelled at and nobody would tell me what I was doing wrong.
jc_tkml

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 jc_tkml
Member since 2005 • 1172 Posts

x-wing20
dude its the nature of people you can't stop people from being what they want to be just ignore them also I picked the third one on the poll lol
honkyjoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#36 honkyjoe
Member since 2005 • 5907 Posts
meh...I just mute them or turn down my tv. I try to let it roll off my back.
Kichu_182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Kichu_182
Member since 2006 • 114 Posts
I completely agree. You are supposed to enjoy gaming, not have crazy people yell at you or vice-versa, just because you/they lost. One more thing though that i find very interesting..... if everyone seems to be complaining about it, where are all the *jerks* on XBL? Are they just keeping silent? Or are we all forgetting that we're not exactly perfect on XBL when something doesn't work out our way. Im not saying we're all hypocrites or something, but we aren't all perfect.
starsdestroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 starsdestroy
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts
I only play with friends on XBL because of this. I can talk s*** just as well and better in most cases than anyone, but why bother. Most people are idiots. That pretty much explains it.
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#39 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts
Dont use feedback, its useless.  I have 75% dissaproval from WINNING alone. I never talk, my mic broke. So people get sad because they lost and put bad feedback on me. It doesnt bother me, M$ doesnt care about it.RMage
Look at your unsporting conduct. Most people choose that when they complain that you are too good which sadly in 2K games you can avoid people for that reason. That is completely stupid. But my unsporting is at 92% and that only goes up after I beat alot of people badly. There was only 1 time I shouldve gotten a bad review and that was I cheated once in vegas. Im just glad my preferred is at 69%
t8z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 t8z
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts

1)  Send a Review

2)  Mute

3)  File Complaint

__MasterVAL__

I agree.

I don't like to play online for most of these reasons. But mainly for the cheaters.

Avatar image for elemental_drago
elemental_drago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 elemental_drago
Member since 2004 • 1816 Posts

It's actually for this reason that after the 30-day trial was over I didn't want to continue paying. Something about having my sense of decency assaulted by whiners and the like is not worth paying for. However, I've also noticed this in other games, too.

For example: In WoW, everyone refers to the dungeons/cities/whatever by their abbreviations. This is fine, unless it's the first time you've heard this, in which case it can be confusing. What's worse is that often, when i request clarification of what is being discussed, I'm insulted for not knowing it! If you don't ask, I won't know where the group is heading, and than be insulted for not showing up. That's ridiculous. I've seen this sort of thing in many games with many different examples of things not covered in the manual (from lingo "afk, wts, wtb" etc., to skills be mentioned (cause god forbid everyone in the game isn't a walking encyclopedia of all skills across all classes!)) It's that sort of thing that keeps me out of alot of online games, especially any that I have to pay for.

xBloodKnighTx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 xBloodKnighTx
Member since 2003 • 830 Posts

I've pretty much stopped playing on live. I'm tired of hearing the worst of everyone's mind. I kept my headset low or off, unless I get the miracle of finding a room with decent people. I'm not a rude person, I'm tired of being called a mf***er, i dont get on xbox live to argue with some idiot,  I get on live to unwind after a long day. It's fun to play games, not to have to defend yourself against all kinds of curses, slurs, insults, and jerks. 

However, like someone else said, you can't escape it, so I'll just bite the bullet and endure all the stupid crap you have to put up with just to get one ounce of enjoyment out of xbox live. 

RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#43 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts
I only play with friends on XBL because of this. I can talk s*** just as well and better in most cases than anyone, but why bother. Most people are idiots. That pretty much explains it.starsdestroy
yeah, I just wish most of my actual friends hadn't gone in the ps3 direction.....
HeadHunter123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 HeadHunter123
Member since 2005 • 999 Posts
Try not being from America, then see how much crap you have to take on Xbox Live. I usually just play against friends now.V4LENT1NE
yea that's what i want to do, but it's been almost 2 years since i've been on live. Would it be a smart idea to make a topic forum for posting gamertags for people who won't be jerks?? cause i don't wanna geton XBL again and have to find gamers who are true to themselves adn not trash talk :P
RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#45 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts
what really gets me is that the chat is never used for actual team strategy etc just for whining and trashtalking etc
ps2forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 ps2forever
Member since 2004 • 580 Posts
that's y i just stay quiet and sit there and beat them in a game so they can get really mad and eventually quit then after words i do all the tlaking once i win lol.
x-wing20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 x-wing20
Member since 2003 • 1293 Posts

what really gets me is that the chat is never used for actual team strategy etc just for whining and trashtalking etcRebornInFlames

yeah. we might have less whinners that way. As for trash talking I don't if it's jokingly with your buds but if star calling someone gay making fun of thier gammer tag, and taking things out side of them game like making false aasumtions about you in real life. It also seems that most of the proablems are on gears but that doesn't mean other games are not included like rainbow six vegas. I also don't like it because you have people booting you because your not doing so well or making you quit because your not doing well i got into an argument with some guy over that last night because my guest only had one kill.

As for you guys outside of the USA I understand. I personally like meeting people from other countries like UK, Austrillia and Canada. I've ejoyed playing with them.

Marioarm2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Marioarm2
Member since 2004 • 481 Posts
It's sad to say this but, people are rude no matter where you go.
InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts
Its called competition. Ppl trash talk in basketball and every sport too. If you don't like it then don't play simple as that.
halo3-player

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 halo3-player
Member since 2006 • 6036 Posts
yeah its bad