RSV2 is gawwbage...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SirCokerThe9th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SirCokerThe9th
Member since 2008 • 682 Posts
They used the unreal engine????? and they couldn't make the game look and feel good. Compared to COD and Gears of War the vegas game just looks like an NES game, hell, NES games look better. It's such a disappointment. It gave the unreal engine a bad name. Just look at the vids for Gears 2 and it makes you drool because of all the detail.
i-like-pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 i-like-pie
Member since 2005 • 4070 Posts
a NES game does not look better.
bazanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 bazanger
Member since 2004 • 2838 Posts
yeah, no..
boxofwit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 boxofwit
Member since 2007 • 947 Posts

sadly, i agree

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
never played it but doesn't look too appealing, boooooooo!
xXTalismanXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xXTalismanXx
Member since 2008 • 916 Posts
They used the unreal engine????? and they couldn't make the game look and feel good. Compared to COD and Gears of War the vegas game just looks like an NES game, hell, NES games look better. It's such a disappointment. It gave the unreal engine a bad name. Just look at the vids for Gears 2 and it makes you drool because of all the detail.SirCokerThe9th
An nes game does not look better, but I agree that it's garbage. Rsv1 was better.
SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

Opinions are fine, and I am glad that you have one for this game. But there is no way it looks like a NES game. Maybe you just don't like the game?

I have heard Halo 3 haters say almost the same thing, "Halo 3 looks like a ps1 game!!!1!1!1"

Headhunter01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Headhunter01
Member since 2005 • 298 Posts
True, the graphics are not that amazing. For me though, the gameplay more than makes up for it.
yungog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 yungog
Member since 2008 • 731 Posts
rainbow 2 is a horrible game,i had high expectations for it
JoetheMoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 JoetheMoe
Member since 2004 • 557 Posts

rbsv2 is garbage im trying to sell mine to my friend but they all know its crap also :(

smokeyf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 smokeyf
Member since 2004 • 176 Posts
If you think this game looks like crap, try playing it on something other than your moms 27" CRT television.
SirCokerThe9th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SirCokerThe9th
Member since 2008 • 682 Posts
oh...good point...except that i have a 37" Sony Wega
KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 KGB32
Member since 2007 • 4279 Posts
great another Graphics vs. Gameplay debate. SirCoker, just because every current gen game doesnt have those flashy graphics doesnt make it a terrible game. seriously if you wanted flashy graphics just watch a CG film if you are just going to look at stuff all the time.
dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dejo256
Member since 2005 • 2580 Posts

great another Graphics vs. Gameplay debate. SirCoker, just because every current gen game doesnt have those flashy graphics doesnt make it a terrible game. seriously if you wanted flashy graphics just watch a CG film if you are just going to look at stuff all the time.KGB32

But if you played or owned the first one and got the second one you would be very dissapointed. Same game few add ons and bam another $60.

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

But if you played or owned the first one and got the second one you would be very dissapointed. Same game few add ons and bam another $60.

dejo256

But I do own both and am not disappointed by Vegas 2 at all. The same complaint has been made about many sequels, even Halo.

Just like the first, it's a quality game, but as you said, with additions. Online co-op through the story. ACES system. Slightly improved graphics. New multiplayer game modes. Sounds good to me.

dejo256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dejo256
Member since 2005 • 2580 Posts
[QUOTE="dejo256"]

VoodooHak

But I do own both and am not disappointed by Vegas 2 at all. The same complaint has been made about many sequels, even Halo.

Just like the first, it's a quality game, but as you said, with additions. Online co-op through the story. ACES system. Slightly improved graphics. New multiplayer game modes. Sounds good to me.

Ive never owned older halo until halo3 which i hated because it sucked to me. The whole thing added to vegas 2 should have been in a pack sold by micro$oft. It really wasnt worth $60.

jeffdoomsday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jeffdoomsday
Member since 2008 • 1023 Posts
I don't care what anyone says, I'm gonna get myself a copy of RSV2, I played an old RS game on ps2 and I loved the tactical aspects and gameplay is more important to me than graphics, I've also never played the first RSV so It will feel pretty new to me.
ch2423

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ch2423
Member since 2004 • 1978 Posts
RSV2 was a good game until the patch came out a few days ago. Now preset spawns have been replaced by random spawns throughout the map like COD4. That kills the tactical element of the game and just makes it a run n gun. There is no point to clear a room or section of the map because someone can spawn there a few seconds later. Ubi really hurt the series with this patch. My clan and friends I play with are already planning on going back to RSV1 between our GTAIV breaks.
Rock-City

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Rock-City
Member since 2004 • 1533 Posts
I think the Rainbow games look fine, they're just boring as hell....single and multiplayer. After COD4, I never had the desire to play RB6V again, or even try RB6V2.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#20 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Best xbox live games hands down, it is WAY better then cod4 online.

Great custimization of your character, awesome tactical fun onlin with GREAT teamwork needed.

It is to realistic for some people though, who preffer arcadey shooter games. You will die with one shot and some people dont like that. It also doesnt have all the terrible PERKS that cod4 has such as mardydum and that other bs.

Vegas 2 >>> COD4 in every way possible

This is all my opinion,as i preffer realistic shooters over arcadey ones.

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KGB32

[QUOTE="KGB32"]great another Graphics vs. Gameplay debate. SirCoker, just because every current gen game doesnt have those flashy graphics doesnt make it a terrible game. seriously if you wanted flashy graphics just watch a CG film if you are just going to look at stuff all the time.dejo256

well yea i own the first and i didnt really feel the need to buy the 2nd one. It seems more of a expansion than an actual sequel

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kozzy1234
[QUOTE="dejo256"]

[QUOTE="KGB32"]great another Graphics vs. Gameplay debate. SirCoker, just because every current gen game doesnt have those flashy graphics doesnt make it a terrible game. seriously if you wanted flashy graphics just watch a CG film if you are just going to look at stuff all the time.KGB32

well yea i own the first and i didnt really feel the need to buy the 2nd one. It seems more of a expansion than an actual sequel

Thats what i thought at first, but its MILES better then vegas 1. Its alot more realistic and takes alot more practise to do really well online. Do youself a favor and go pick up Vegas 2!

KGB32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KGB32
[QUOTE="KGB32"][QUOTE="dejo256"]

[QUOTE="KGB32"]great another Graphics vs. Gameplay debate. SirCoker, just because every current gen game doesnt have those flashy graphics doesnt make it a terrible game. seriously if you wanted flashy graphics just watch a CG film if you are just going to look at stuff all the time.kozzy1234

Thats what i thought at first, but its MILES better then vegas 1. Its alot more realistic and takes alot more practise to do really well online. Do youself a favor and go pick up Vegas 2!

haha i was actually thinking of renting it. i was just kind of deterred since it's the same locale as the first game. plus GTAIV is coming out soon and with money short, Vegas 2 will have to wait. but thanks for the info!

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kozzy1234
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"][QUOTE="KGB32"][QUOTE="dejo256"]

[QUOTE="KGB32"]great another Graphics vs. Gameplay debate. SirCoker, just because every current gen game doesnt have those flashy graphics doesnt make it a terrible game. seriously if you wanted flashy graphics just watch a CG film if you are just going to look at stuff all the time.KGB32

haha i was actually thinking of renting it. i was just kind of deterred since it's the same locale as the first game. plus GTAIV is coming out soon and with money short, Vegas 2 will have to wait. but thanks for the info!

Thats exactly what i thought man.. i have tons of games on PC and xbox360 that i need to play (crysis, gta is coming up, condemned 2, vegas2, Lost Odyseey, The Witcher, etc..) but Vegas 2 really really surprised me, im enjoying it 10000 times more then Vegas 1, its much more of a challenge then vegas 1 was.

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

Opinions are fine, and I am glad that you have one for this game. But there is no way it looks like a NES game. Maybe you just don't like the game?

I have heard Halo 3 haters say almost the same thing, "Halo 3 looks like a ps1 game!!!1!1!1"

SavageM2

well, its more like a REALLY shiny XBOX game

MuscleCarMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#26 MuscleCarMan
Member since 2004 • 796 Posts
loved the first, hated the second.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 kozzy1234

I dont understand how people can call this vegas 2 trash... its improved over vegas1 in so many ways and is finally taking the series back to its old school roots, with more tactical/realistic gameplay then Vegas 1.

Anyone who trys Vegas 2, MAKE SURE YOU have some friedns to play with and maker sure that you play the online for more then 2-3 hours, because it takes taht long to get really good at it.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Macutchi  Online
Member since 2007 • 10517 Posts

great another Graphics vs. Gameplay debate. SirCoker, just because every current gen game doesnt have those flashy graphics doesnt make it a terrible game. seriously if you wanted flashy graphics just watch a CG film if you are just going to look at stuff all the time.KGB32

of course this shouldnt be a graphics vs gameplay debate but when the poor graphics affect the gameplay then it does unfortunately become an issue. in R6LV2 the frame rate drops massively in heated gun battles leaving you fighting in slow-mo which is extremely frustrating. if the graphics were of a high standard in the 1st place then perhaps you could let it slide a little but they are massively disappointing in comparison with the current competition and such technical flaws are inexcusable in this day and age!

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts
[QUOTE="VoodooHak"][QUOTE="dejo256"]

dejo256

Ive never owned older halo until halo3 which i hated because it sucked to me. The whole thing added to vegas 2 should have been in a pack sold by micro$oft. It really wasnt worth $60.

Somehow I don't think they could have added the ACES system and online co-op through the story with a simple add-on. What it's worth is up to you. I can only speak for myself, but with the time I've given the game, I've more than made up for it in the fun I've had.

The only reason I'd go back to Vegas 1 is for the more open maps. Otherwise, the underlying structure of Vegas 2 is definitely an improvement over the first.

ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
its good just not as good as r6v1
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts

Great custimization of your character, awesome tactical fun onlin with GREAT teamwork needed.

It is to realistic for some people though, who preffer arcadey shooter games. You will die with one shot and some people dont like that. It also doesnt have all the terrible PERKS that cod4 has such as mardydum and that other bs.

kozzy1234

I agree with you about everything except I hate the new patch they put out I hate the responds they changed. Also who cares about graphics I rather play a game like this over Gears of War anyday Gears graphics were amazing but gamplay was crap online

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 kozzy1234
[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

raylewisnfl52

I agree with you about everything except I hate the new patch they put out I hate the responds they changed. Also who cares about graphics I rather play a game like this over Gears of War anyday Gears graphics were amazing but gamplay was crap online

Yeah exactly, i enjoyed the gears singleplayer but the online was horrible imo.

Got boring so fast to me.

Ironre5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ironre5
Member since 2008 • 1164 Posts

I dont understand how people can call this vegas 2 trash... its improved over vegas1 in so many ways and is finally taking the series back to its old school roots, with more tactical/realistic gameplay then Vegas 1.

Anyone who trys Vegas 2, MAKE SURE YOU have some friedns to play with and maker sure that you play the online for more then 2-3 hours, because it takes taht long to get really good at it.

kozzy1234

ummm Vegas 2 is definitly not taking the game back to its old school roots...the first rainbow six game on the PC was WAYYYYYYYY differnt to what the franchise is now...you had to plan stuff with an overhead map, you could plan paths for ur comrades to take, it was really really tacitical...

also vegas 2 graphics suck, i never really liked the graphics in 1 either..theyre better than 2 tho...i think ill just stick with COD4...its wayyy better IMo

RedDaemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 RedDaemon
Member since 2004 • 425 Posts

Wow you people are horrible. I personally love RBSV2. Don't care about graphics, they're pretty decent for the 360. Sure it's more like a 1.5 than a sequel, but seriously people. Stop being so critical about games and just enjoy them.

atron62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 atron62
Member since 2006 • 191 Posts

awwww wtf i havnt played for a few days but this sounds retarded :(

RSV2 was a good game until the patch came out a few days ago. Now preset spawns have been replaced by random spawns throughout the map like COD4. That kills the tactical element of the game and just makes it a run n gun. There is no point to clear a room or section of the map because someone can spawn there a few seconds later. Ubi really hurt the series with this patch. My clan and friends I play with are already planning on going back to RSV1 between our GTAIV breaks. ch2423

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts

no they game is good

but too easy online which made it get boring quick

the graphics are awesome btw very clean and clear

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

They used the unreal engine????? and they couldn't make the game look and feel good. Compared to COD and Gears of War the vegas game just looks like an NES game, hell, NES games look better. It's such a disappointment. It gave the unreal engine a bad name. Just look at the vids for Gears 2 and it makes you drool because of all the detail.SirCokerThe9th

Even though your post is a bit inflammatory, I will say I was also disappointed with RSV2. The frame-rate (30 fps) feels slow and clumsy after the brutal brilliance of COD4. And the "new" weapons and gear only become playable after you've played the game for 10+ hours. Who's the moron at Ubisoft who made that call? Wouldn't it have been nice to experience the sequel for the first time with a new arsenal? Why would I want new weapons AFTER I BEAT THE GAME?

Then there's the graphics, which have been sheened up a bit, but still pale in comparison to some shooters from a year and a half ago. And the multi.... yikes. If you can play this multi and enjoy yourself after playing Call Of Duty 4 and Halo 3, I feel bad for you. Just like the rest of the game, it's slow, sloppy, and devoid of win.

Ubisoft probably made the right call not letting EGM get their hands on this mediocre half-baked sequel, they would've ripped it to shreds, and saved me $60.

shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#38 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

RSV2 was a good game until the patch came out a few days ago. Now preset spawns have been replaced by random spawns throughout the map like COD4. That kills the tactical element of the game and just makes it a run n gun. There is no point to clear a room or section of the map because someone can spawn there a few seconds later. Ubi really hurt the series with this patch. My clan and friends I play with are already planning on going back to RSV1 between our GTAIV breaks. ch2423

I agree.

War_Martyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 War_Martyr
Member since 2007 • 598 Posts
huh...if you want to insult something, at least use witty comments that aren't from a five year old?
Chezzanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 Chezzanator
Member since 2006 • 291 Posts
Gameplay>>>>>>>Graphics
madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts
I thought it was established weeks ago that Vegas 2 was average at best?
Avatar image for forgetwatyahear
forgetwatyahear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 forgetwatyahear
Member since 2005 • 6260 Posts
well i'm trading my copy in to get GTA(well a reduction). I liked the gameplay and the graphics were average but i got bored of it after a while.
madcowz674

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 madcowz674
Member since 2008 • 163 Posts
Ya the graphics should have been better, but overall its not that bad.Plus if the graphics were really good and the story was terrible would you like it then???
Avatar image for KittensWithBeer
KittensWithBeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KittensWithBeer
Member since 2007 • 782 Posts

sadly, i agree

boxofwit

I second that opinion.

ocinom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ocinom
Member since 2008 • 1385 Posts

[QUOTE="KGB32"]great another Graphics vs. Gameplay debate. SirCoker, just because every current gen game doesnt have those flashy graphics doesnt make it a terrible game. seriously if you wanted flashy graphics just watch a CG film if you are just going to look at stuff all the time.Macutchi

of course this shouldnt be a graphics vs gameplay debate but when the poor graphics affect the gameplay then it does unfortunately become an issue. in R6LV2 the frame rate drops massively in heated gun battles leaving you fighting in slow-mo which is extremely frustrating. if the graphics were of a high standard in the 1st place then perhaps you could let it slide a little but they are massively disappointing in comparison with the current competition and such technical flaws are inexcusable in this day and age!

Its true. I thought my 360 was all dusty inside because of the slow FR. Hell, I even thought it was on bullet time mode :D.
In regards to the previous posts R6V2 is not garbage, its only not as good as compared to the first game