RROD? False Alarm?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Raok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Raok
Member since 2008 • 928 Posts

YAY Long story time!!!

Hmmm, curious thing happened to me a couple of days ago, i had a friend over and we had been playing a lot of 360 when all of the sudden my 360 (its a Halo edition, if you didnt catch that little button down there in my sig, so its got the Falcon Chips) just stopped, I looked at it and noticed what seemed to be the RROD, and yes it was the RROD not some other error, the 2nd player light was the only one not lit.

So I flipped and turned it off, then I turned it back on and crossed my fingers...... and it ran fine! I was relieved and so far nothing has hapened to cause any alarm.

So i was wondering if it was starting to die, which would be odd as its a little over a year old (Halo edition remember?) so it shouldnt be dieing........

Anyways, a few minutes later I start it up and begin playing Far Cry 2 and my controller, a wired one, is messing up! The right joy stick seems to be having some sensitivity screw ups because my characters aiming is wonky and its not moving too fast, then it speeds up again, then it slows down. So i switch to my Wireless controller and it works fine! Of course the RROD thing is still on my mind so im thinking "if its a general hardware error, could a defective wired controller cause it?"

So what do you guys think? Can a controller cause a general Hardware error? Im thinking maybe, because its wired, it sends signals straight through the USB port, so maybe if the 360 started getting some really wierd signals it could think the USB port is failed or something and so cause a general Hardware failure.

Or should i await the failing of my precious Halo 360? (actually not a problem, i think the green color is a bit pukish personally, id prefer white)

Kuruption84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kuruption84
Member since 2003 • 5354 Posts
I similar thing happened to a friend of mines 360. It eventually RRODed, but it was months later.
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
It could have been a overheating problem, indicated by two red lights I believe, so try and to remember if it was that or the actual RRoD. I say just keep playing and having fun and if you get it permanently, get it fixed for free by MS.
Raok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Raok

As i said above im fairly sure it was the RROD (indicated by red lights in the 1st 3rd and 4th positions, right?)

although, MAYBE, and im probly just bein hopeful, it might just have been the 1st and 3rd with just some glow making me think it was also the 4th.

Its not like i really stared at it and thought "gee, i should sit and study it a bit, hey maybe ill just leave it flashing and check out some internet articles on RROD"

no i was more like "OH SH!7 TURN IT OFFF TURN IT OFF!!!!!! RESET THAT SH!7!!!! NOOOOO, WORK D*** YOU WORK!!!!!! DONT DIE ON ME NOW!!!!" and then

"OHMY GOD IS IT GONNA WORK!!!! oh ok it works, lets just leave it to cool down and play some PC games instead for now."

Raok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Raok

Bump?

any more insight?

shamarke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6 shamarke
Member since 2004 • 587 Posts
humph....
jcarlc84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jcarlc84
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
It's probably a sign that it's dieing but as long as you have a warranty or insurance from where you bought it from, you should be fine. Otherwise, I'm sorry to say it will die because it happened to me and after a couple of weeks it finally died. But luckily I had an insurance from the store and they replaced it right away.
UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#8 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Yep, your console is dying. Once you start seeing 3 flashing red lights, call ms tech support, because that defect is still under their extended warranty. I didn't even have to pay for shipping.
steelhokie123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#9 steelhokie123
Member since 2008 • 227 Posts
That happens sometimes. The best thing to do when you get the rrod is turn off the 360 and leave it alone for a day or so. Sometimes it will take more than that bur usually it will start working again fine
Raok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Raok

hmm, maybe it is just a false alarm, maybe not, how long is MS warranty?

because i bought my xbox in september(durh, its the halo edition) so its only been a little more than a year

steelhokie123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#11 steelhokie123
Member since 2008 • 227 Posts
i think it got extended to 3 years recently.
Foxi911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Foxi911
Member since 2008 • 1676 Posts
humph....shamarke
....I find your sig not child base material..anyways Its prob a false alarm....your 360 should be fine lol
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
That happens sometime.