rocket glitch in mw2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts

alrighty anyone have this happen to you? I first saw it yesterday its some glitch that involves a rocket launcher.

the ppl who do it run around getting close to ppl and if they die they explode on their dead body kills all the ppl around them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYJHr_0tII8

the guy in this vid is a huge tool btw bragging about how cool it is to do

i hate this s*** and quit matches as soon as i notice someone doing this, apparently ppl are getting suspended for 2 weeks to a month for this which THEY SHOULD

WHY must ppl glitch to win?!?!?

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Getting banned for that is a bit harsh. Maybe a suspension? Not saying I approve of this but it's not like the cheaters modded the game to make this happen. It's in the game and they exploit it. The dev's are working to fix it.
therapyhiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 therapyhiccup
Member since 2005 • 1800 Posts

it is annoying. but its funny seeing them explode and not kill anyone when you get them with a longshot.

Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Chogyam
Member since 2003 • 1887 Posts

saw it a few times last night. Got me once, then everyone on the team knew what he was doing, so we stayed away from those people. A ban is kinda harsh IMO. Pretty sure all the people on my team reported him though lol.

I do glitch sometimes, but nowhere where i can't get killed.

RCGV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RCGV
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

THe MW2 boards are in an uproar over this. I'll admit I think it's a pretty funny glitch, but at the same time, it's also game-breaking.

2pac_makaveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 2pac_makaveli
Member since 2008 • 1681 Posts
Getting banned for that is a bit harsh. Maybe a suspension? Not saying I approve of this but it's not like the cheaters modded the game to make this happen. It's in the game and they exploit it. The dev's are working to fix it. RoslindaleOne
Yea i guess is sorta miss spoke i think its like 2 week to a month suspension
Dawq902

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Dawq902
Member since 2007 • 6796 Posts

Almost every single game I go into now people are doing that glith or using the extremly overpowered model 1887. I'm really getting sick of this crap in the mp.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I think its funny in a game like capture the flag that the if a guy with a javaline out takes the flag many people are afraid of shooting him.

This glitch plus the crappy match making plus the camping completely ruined the game for me. Thats why I play L4D2 more now. :P

wr3ckloose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wr3ckloose
Member since 2009 • 57 Posts

banned? why ban someone over bad programming? that's just gotta be a scare tactic. how can they ban someone for doing something that they didn't know about and haven't fixed yet?

anyway, it was funny when he used it in that underground bunker map, for i hate that map lol.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts
thats pretty funny lol, funny stuff when he just gets in front of ppl to get shot lol fun stuff, i think ima do it too!!!! lol nah jk seems fun tho
BostonDieNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BostonDieNasty
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts
[QUOTE="Chogyam"]

saw it a few times last night. Got me once, then everyone on the team knew what he was doing, so we stayed away from those people. A ban is kinda harsh IMO. Pretty sure all the people on my team reported him though lol.

I do glitch sometimes, but nowhere where i can't get killed.

well its only a 24 hour ban then a week... not banned for good
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Nope that's a perfect reason to ban someone. If you want to cheat just deal with the consequences. I'm tired of people wanting to go easy on others for no apparent reason. They know cheating is against the rules so why not ban them?

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

It's not their fault if the game has glitches, a ban is kinda excesive but... I hate glitchers and campers!

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

It's not their fault if the game has glitches, a ban is kinda excesive but... I hate glitchers and campers!

_TheJoker_
It's not their fault? They are using the glitches.. It's their fault if they use it..
jimbo_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 jimbo_24
Member since 2005 • 206 Posts

id rather those kids then CAMPERS!!!!!!!!!!!:evil:

anyways theyre patching it soon dont worry

Creative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Creative
Member since 2002 • 2522 Posts

THe MW2 boards are in an uproar over this. I'll admit I think it's a pretty funny glitch, but at the same time, it's also game-breaking.

RCGV
How is it a game breaking? Did you see the scores of snipers in game? 37:4, 20:1. Now, that is game breaking. Killing few people and yourself in the process is not game breaking. Don't blame the people, blame devs who released bugged game.
-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts

ppl do it to stop campers, in other words ppl do it because they have zero skill, if a camper kills you over and over again then you suck horribly, the kill cam shows you right where the guy was if you cant figure it out maybe you should just stop playing games and enroll in the special Olympics

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -DirtySanchez-
[QUOTE="Creative"][QUOTE="RCGV"]

How is it a game breaking? Did you see the scores of snipers in game? 37:4, 20:1. Now, that is game breaking. Killing few people and yourself in the process is not game breaking. Don't blame the people, blame devs who released bugged game.

um no not at all, if your to dumb to watch the kill cam and A. go kill him B. stop goin that way, then your breakin your own game
Creative

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 Creative
Member since 2002 • 2522 Posts

You're funny. Campers abuse game just as well as martyrs. Most of camping spots are unaccessible and they get there in some weird ways, as for not being able to kill them, I don't snipe, can't stand it. And the fact that he has 37:4 score says that pretty much ENTIRE team shoud join special olympics.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -DirtySanchez-

You're funny. Campers abuse game just as well as martyrs. Most of camping spots are unaccessible and they get there in some weird ways, as for not being able to kill them, I don't snipe, can't stand it. And the fact that he has 37:4 score says that pretty much ENTIRE team shoud join special olympics.

Creative
they got to those spots so can you, and stop callin them campers, camping is from spawn camping not holdin a postion, you have to be dense to run around in the open, go ahead and be fodder for these good players killstreaks or learn how to actaully play
Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Chogyam
Member since 2003 • 1887 Posts

well on a funny note. Was playing some HC S&D earlier, we where winning (me and one other player watching kill cam) and needed to kill the last guy. Well Our 4 teamates where all together, including our Jav glitcher who was the first to be spotted. He got shot, our teammates tried to scatter. Everyone Died, we win. Instantly my speakers where filled with laughter. good time good time

the_kidisblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 the_kidisblack
Member since 2008 • 1184 Posts
On your sice TC, it's happening in so many games now! It's so frustrating - especially when they run right at you knowing what will happen. Or when playing headquaters, they walk in and blow the place up. When I play online, i usually play with 5 or 4 others, so we all file complaints.
the_kidisblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 the_kidisblack
Member since 2008 • 1184 Posts
Another thing, it's BS that the model 1887 or duel rangers can beat a shield simply by shooting it. I hate that so much.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

I think a suspension for attempting to do it is a bit harsh (since it's easy to accidently perform), but I'm thankful that Infinity Ward is doing something about it

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -DirtySanchez-

I think a suspension for attempting to do it is a bit harsh (since it's easy to accidently perform), but I'm thankful that Infinity Ward is doing something about it

a55a55inx
um no, maybe before it become the new "cool thing" to do it might of been able to be called accident for someone to do it once, but not anymore if someone does it they deserve a week of no playing
famoussasjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 famoussasjohn
Member since 2009 • 230 Posts

whats the difference? if they are banned for a month, or suspended for a month, that would be the same thing. i dont find it harsh, they are exploiting the game and cheating in order to benefit themselves. they arent even trying to do anything, they just rush with the javelin and get killed and end up killing people within that area. ya that sure is fair to exploit the game.

gamer_10001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#27 gamer_10001
Member since 2006 • 2588 Posts

banned? why ban someone over bad programming? that's just gotta be a scare tactic. how can they ban someone for doing something that they didn't know about and haven't fixed yet?

anyway, it was funny when he used it in that underground bunker map, for i hate that map lol.

wr3ckloose

It's not like these people are accidently exploding do to bad coding. They are purposefully exploiting a glitch in the game that obviously was not intended to be part of the game. It is cheating, and the Live terms of service allows MS to take whatever action they choose to against the glitchers account.

Mjwick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Mjwick
Member since 2009 • 90 Posts

I'm glad they're doing something to the people using this glitch.

Is there any word of an update coming out soon getting rid of the glitch once and for all? That would solve all the problems surrounding the glitch.

Avatar image for The_Blockey_One
The_Blockey_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Blockey_One
Member since 2009 • 27 Posts

I think a one month suspension is perfectly fine. Unfortunately people who like to use the javelin in it's intended fashion often end up getting grouped in with the glitchers. I love the javelin, but I might take it off of my loadout so I don't get accidentally banned. I think it shows a severe lack of sportsmanship and disrespect for the game for people to exploit not only this, but any glitch, especially since it affects so many people.

tomrocks666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 tomrocks666
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts

have i seen it? i was playing a match earlier and pretty much everyone was doing it. it was quite annoying. they should be banned for being morons

raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#31 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
I heard about it and watched it. Personally, glitches like this are just the products of poor programming. Until they patch it you should just complain to the maker, not the people using a poor game's own features against you. Sure it was never the intention... neither was being 'jumpy', you going to ban people for that too? Who is to say that when the person dies their rocket launcher wasn't hit too? or that when it hit the ground it just went off... Probably because you have to use an odd set of buttons to make it happen. Either way, the fault should go to the people cashing in, not those using it.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 a55a55inx
I heard about it and watched it. Personally, glitches like this are just the products of poor programming. Until they patch it you should just complain to the maker, not the people using a poor game's own features against you. Sure it was never the intention... neither was being 'jumpy', you going to ban people for that too? Who is to say that when the person dies their rocket launcher wasn't hit too? or that when it hit the ground it just went off... Probably because you have to use an odd set of buttons to make it happen. Either way, the fault should go to the people cashing in, not those using it.raahsnavj
More like poor testing. It's the testers' job to find bugs like this to report them to the programmers. Anyway, it's not an odd set of buttons because it's easy to pull off, even on accident. All you have to do is have semtex and prepare to throw it (but don't let go), then just switch to your Javelin. That's it. I probably would have done this on accident before I even knew about this glitch. I just didn't get a chance because I haven't unlocked the Javelin yet.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 a55a55inx
[QUOTE="a55a55inx"]

-DirtySanchez-
um no, maybe before it become the new "cool thing" to do it might of been able to be called accident for someone to do it once, but not anymore if someone does it they deserve a week of no playing

Infinity Ward has stated that if anyone even attempts to perform the javelin glitch, that they are susceptible to a suspension. It's not difficult to do this glitch accidentally. If Infinity Ward is looking for players that have attempted this glitch occasionally, then that's fine... but if they are suspending even one-time offenders, then I don't see how that's fair.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
People are getting banned for this and I'm glad. They should be. As for whining about camping, that's a strategy which nobody seems to use anymore. Everyone just runs around with no strategy so sitting back and waiting I don't have a problem with.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#35 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Yes the other night these young kids where runnign around doing that.

After the game ended they where cursing everyone out and saying that we oculdnt kill them without dying ourselves.

Was annoying, but im sure they are workign on fixign it.