REVIEW > Prince of Persia IGN 9.3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

eXists

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 0

#1 eXists
Member since 2003 • 1649 Posts
See here. Can't wait to get it!
sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 sammyjenkis898
Member since 2007 • 28392 Posts
This is pretty old. I'm kind of disappointed that it's so short.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

This is pretty old. I'm kind of disappointed that it's so short.sammyjenkis898

Well 8-10 hours seems to be the sweet spot these days, so it's not as if they're starting some new trend.  As long as it's a solid 8 hour experience then I'll be happy, seeing as how something longer may overstay its welcome.

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sammyjenkis898

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]This is pretty old. I'm kind of disappointed that it's so short.Large_Soda

Well 8-10 hours seems to be the sweet spot these days, so it's not as if they're starting some new trend.  As long as it's a solid 8 hour experience then I'll be happy, seeing as how something longer may overstay its welcome.

I have a gift card so I'll probably be getting it.
mikel222222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mikel222222
Member since 2004 • 1162 Posts

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]This is pretty old. I'm kind of disappointed that it's so short.Large_Soda

no way man, something longer would always be better! Games used to be very long and still very fun. some games these days still follow that trend. 8-10 hours of solid gameplay is pretty much saying "RENT ME" which i probably will
Iqen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 Iqen
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts
[QUOTE="Large_Soda"]

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]This is pretty old. I'm kind of disappointed that it's so short.mikel222222

Well 8-10 hours seems to be the sweet spot these days, so it's not as if they're starting some new trend. As long as it's a solid 8 hour experience then I'll be happy, seeing as how something longer may overstay its welcome.

no way man, something longer would always be better! Games used to be very long and still very fun. some games these days still follow that trend. 8-10 hours of solid gameplay is pretty much saying "RENT ME" which i probably will

I agree. It does look like a fun game to play, but 10 hours is just way too short. It does look like a good choice for a rental though, seeing as that I can easily finish a 10 hour game in less then a week.

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts
[QUOTE="Large_Soda"]

[QUOTE="sammyjenkis898"]This is pretty old. I'm kind of disappointed that it's so short.mikel222222

I agree that long games can be better, but most end at the right time. I don't think I could personally play a 25 hour campaign of Gears of War, or Call of Duty, granted those games have beefy MP to help pad the experience, but I just see some games not working at anything over 15 hours.
Dredg11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dredg11
Member since 2008 • 1266 Posts
Most of the best games in the last couple years have all been under the 10 hour mark. So this shouldn't be seen as a negative.
orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#9 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
this looks pretty sweet. I might see if I can get it for Christmas ;)
chex81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#10 chex81
Member since 2004 • 3661 Posts

Most of the best games in the last couple years have all been under the 10 hour mark. So this shouldn't be seen as a negative.Dredg11

i wouldn't be so bad if they at least added difficulty levels to choose from...with 1 difficulty level and less than 10 hours, thats disappointing. At least difficulty levels give incentive to play a 2nd time.

Avatar image for KevComesRipping
KevComesRipping

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 KevComesRipping
Member since 2003 • 686 Posts
Shortness probably won't be a factor for me, I'm more than likely getting this for xmas and I'm gonna soak as much of it's lush environments in as possible.
Paladin_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 Paladin_King
Member since 2008 • 11832 Posts
the length doesn't really bother me, as long as it's not less than 8 hrs. With all these great games, I honestly can't afford too many 30+ hour games.
Messiah_xXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Messiah_xXx
Member since 2006 • 778 Posts

i really wasnt looking forward to this game til reading up on it and watching that e3 video.

I really want it now but i still have to finish fallout 3, COD WAW,Farcry 2 and dead space.

does anyone have any idea of the length of the game?

sammyjenkis898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sammyjenkis898

i really wasnt looking forward to this game til reading up on it and watching that e3 video.

I really want it now but i still have to finish fallout 3, COD WAW,Farcry 2 and dead space.

does anyone have any idea of the length of the game?

Messiah_xXx
I'm watching the Prince of Persia marathon right now. He said it was around 10-12 hours. It looks amazing so far. He just said it's "one of the easiest games I've played all year". That kind of turns me off.
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts
Most of the best games in the last couple years have all been under the 10 hour mark. So this shouldn't be seen as a negative.Dredg11
Yeah, but newer games are bucking that trend. Back in the day games were REALLY long, people were getting bored. Developers made shorter games and made sure they were action packed right through, but people hated them being so short. Now the current trend is making longer games actionpacked right through.