Resident Evil 5 predictions

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redwings05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 redwings05
Member since 2008 • 106 Posts

What does everyone think Resident Evil 5 will be like and what would be a dissapointment to you

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#2 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
I'm thinking definite GOTY contender for 2009 and a game just like RE4 but with a better character, Chris Redfield :P

A huge dissapointment for me would be no online co-op

They have no excuse at this point
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

I'm thinking definite GOTY contender for 2009 and a game just like RE4 but with a better character, Chris Redfield :P

Toriko42

of course there will be onlince co-op

I just hope the cover system isn't complete and total utter crap; like GTA IV's

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
RE5's gonna be great but to me it'll be nothing compared to the older games. They're great games and all but the older ones to me which i pretty much grew up on were just unbeatable. I loved the fourth and all but man the older style was just my favorite.
Corvan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Corvan
Member since 2007 • 551 Posts
Predictions id say will be good for the game. Seems to be using the over the shoulder cam again. Which is good and it looks amazing. If I remember correctly i heard something about if your in the sun too long you get a heat stroke type of effect maybe, not too sure on that if someone could fill in that part. A big dissapointment of course would be no online co op or something to that effect. I would like to see a multiplayer type of thing if they could work that into it somehow.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#6 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

[QUOTE="Toriko42"]I'm thinking definite GOTY contender for 2009 and a game just like RE4 but with a better character, Chris Redfield :P

krunkfu2

You never know, people thought RE4 would let two people in the same room play together, wrong

I know Capcom won't let us down though still though
Avatar image for xchiefmegadethx
xchiefmegadethx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 xchiefmegadethx
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts

Toriko42
Yeppers!!!!

redwings05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 redwings05
Member since 2008 • 106 Posts
yeah im almost positive there will be online play cause i read somethin that there is gonna be online play on the PS3 version so i dont see why they wouldn't put it into the 360 version...sad to say but a big disappointment to me would be if there are no zombie lions or somethin...
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
It's not going to be like any of the originals [obviously] so i'm probably not going to like it too much, but i'll still play it solely for the story.
kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts
It will garner as many if not more accolades than RE 4 did. The newest videos show that Capcom isnt wasting their time on this game. Looks amazing to me!!!!
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#11 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
chris redfield on steroids!!! count me in.... i hope it has some kind of online compound, but I think it will result in RE outbreak or at least capcom should use the same engine in a mp survival horror game, i think the soul of RE series is taht you are alone and you dont have as much sources as you like is what makes the player panic and try to survive that why i think coop wont work on this one but i wouldnt mind if there is
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

I enjoyed Resident Evil 4, but I'm not a fan of Leon Kennedy. My fav characters are the S.T.A.R.S. members - Jill, Barry, and Chris... Claire only get's cool points because she's Chris' sister...

I'm looking forward to 2009 and RE5... It will be GOTY for sure in my book... I doubt anything else in 2009 is going to be as big...

whereismycouch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 whereismycouch
Member since 2005 • 266 Posts

I don't want a cover system. Resident Evil 5 wouldn't be that arcade-style, blow-the-crap-out-of-everything game we're expecting if there's going to be a cover system.

All I want is a better story.

bluebomber46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 bluebomber46
Member since 2004 • 120 Posts
I hope that they have one big world setting, and by that i mean that rather than going so far until you find a gate where the screen has to fade and pop up before you get to play again. I would also like a quicker version of the inventory system, because while i thought the tetris inventory was cool, i hate to have to keep pressing the pause button every time i want something.
p00phead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 p00phead
Member since 2007 • 1203 Posts

The game will have lots of unlockable things capcom love putting in extra stuff

skatatay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 skatatay
Member since 2007 • 1617 Posts
I think it will be similar to RE 4 but the battles look to be on a much larger scale from what ive seen in the trailors. It still looks like an amazing game though.
vigoureuxEVIL5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 vigoureuxEVIL5
Member since 2008 • 309 Posts

its going to be related to RE:veronica to try and find the cause of a certain type of virus or something with chris redfield as the main character.Thats certain.

My idea is that there is a parasite in the water which turns them into a sorta ganado that can think for itself.I havent played RE veronica so i dont know the storyline. RE5 will be great tho.

krish117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 krish117
Member since 2007 • 366 Posts
GOTY no doubt about it!
tgschmidt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tgschmidt
Member since 2004 • 3167 Posts
more wesker
dukebd699

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 dukebd699
Member since 2006 • 12054 Posts

Predictions id say will be good for the game. Seems to be using the over the shoulder cam again. Which is good and it looks amazing. If I remember correctly i heard something about if your in the sun too long you get a heat stroke type of effect maybe, not too sure on that if someone could fill in that part. A big dissapointment of course would be no online co op or something to that effect. I would like to see a multiplayer type of thing if they could work that into it somehow.Corvan

When you are in the sun for so long when you go into a room your eyes need to adjust. I find that amazing because there's nothing scarier than hearing the zombie but having no way of seeing it.

Also if I remember reading correctly there is water in this one and if you go too long without drinking water you get hallucinations.

The first thing I know is right the second I can't remember if I saw it in a article or someone saying it was in the game.

Prodigy117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Prodigy117
Member since 2006 • 998 Posts
Gametrailers Analysis
w4rgasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#22 w4rgasm
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts
Don't worry about this game.. it will be awesome.